MBRP Race Exhaust Review

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Drew, what is the code for that on Forscan? Is it ACM 727-01-01 xxxx x0xx xxxx (0 instead of 1)? Does it disable the active noise cancellation or the sound symposer?
Yes, a 0 instead of a 1. When I turned mine off, I may have left the radio on. I heard a pop from the stereo signaling the noise cancelation is turned off. Directly after that, I heard what sounded like something motorized that was closing.

After I turned it off, less drone from the exhaust. I think the noise cancelation feature makes aftermarket exhausts resonate.
Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Thanks Drew.

I have no issues with the exhaust itself. I just think it's better to deactivate the ANC through Forscan, because I ve been told that there is not just one, but two mics: one located under the headliner and another one located in the dome light box. We all have only disconnected the first one, but the other one is still connected and we cannot disconnect it because it is important for other functions as well.

So the deactivation of the ANC through Forscan seems more effective.

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
Or maybe I just got deaf over time :lol:

Seriously though, it gets better. @duanbo if after a while you feel that it is still loud in the cabin, some people have suggested adding a resonator. I wouldn't do it, but it could be a solution if drone annoys you.
Could be :cheers:
I think it gets better just as you get used to it. I struggled for a long time taking it on and off because the drone drove me nuts. Now, I could care less and love the sound of it.

Have the MBRP "Street" catback and I don't think it is loud at all. Two things, does anyone know how much difference there is between the Race and Street? Does anyone have the Race version that they would want to sell just the exhaust (muffler?) portion so I can switch them out?
There is about a 20% volume difference, that's it (no difference in the sound itself).

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Yes, a 0 instead of a 1. When I turned mine off, I may have left the radio on. I heard a pop from the stereo signaling the noise cancelation is turned off. Directly after that, I heard what sounded like something motorized that was closing.

After I turned it off, less drone from the exhaust. I think the noise cancelation feature makes aftermarket exhausts resonate.
Actually on my car the current code for module 727-01-01 (active noise cancellation) is 9C50 BA00 441A. Do I change that to 9C50 B000 441A? Or like [MENTION=27930]Retroflect[/MENTION] said in post 1341 of the "Modifying As-Built Data Guide" thread I have to subtract 2 from A, which would make it an 8 and therefore the code would be 9C50 B800 441A?

I am a bit lost :shrug:

Last edited:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Whoa whoa, I never said they don't exsist, you brought up tsb so I said we were talking specifically about cabin noise, I was just clarifying what u meant. Second, yes shit can rattle if you have change, metal, bad roads, so on so forth, and if nitpicking those things is the worst, that's great!!! Sorry you have issues, I got lucky Soending the extra $$$$ :)
If your interior doesn't rattle, your exhaust is not loud enough.
With my Solo Street Race, I hear all kinds of rattle at different rpms.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Actually on my car the current code for module 727-01-01 (active noise cancellation) is 9C50 BA00 441A. Do I change that to 9C50 B000 441A? Or like [MENTION=27930]Retroflect[/MENTION] said in post 1341 of the "Modifying As-Built Data Guide" thread I have to subtract 2 from A, which would make it an 8 and therefore the code would be 9C50 B800 441A?

I am a bit lost :shrug:
I'll check what I have when I get home.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
I'll check what I have when I get home.
Thanks Drew, no need to do that. I got my answer in the Modify As-Built Data thread. It's actually A-2=8. Will try that tomorrow (just received my adapter)! :thumbsup:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
Important update on getting rid of MBRP Race drone

A couple of weeks ago, I read somewhere that there is not just one, but two mics that are part of the active noise cancellation. Most of us have only disconnected the one located under the headliner. There is another one located inside the map light box, but this mic seems to be important for other functions as well (Bluetooth function, voice commands, etc.), so I guess it should not be disconnected.

I decided to use FORSCAN to deactivate the active noise cancellation (ACM module 727-01-01). By doing this, the ANC is completely disabled. The sound of the MBRP Race Exhausts is much, MUCH better now. Drone never bothered me, as I wanted a loud exhaust system, but without the ANC it's now more quiet inside the cabin and the sound of the exhausts is a "raw", pure growl. So, for those of you who cannot tolerate drone, I can confirm that drone is almost gone (however do not forget that on WOT this is a loud race exhaust).

Also - and this is not simply my idea - the sound system sounds definitely better.

I suggest that you give it a try, it's worth it. To avoid buying an expensive Bluetooth or WiFi adapter for use with FORSCAN, you can buy a USB adapter such as the one I bought on Ebay. It works perfectly with FORSCAN, as it can read and write HS and MS-CAN modules:

ELM327 USB modified for Ford ELMconfig FTDI chip HSCAN / MSCAN Forscan OBD2:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271935399987

Last edited:

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A couple of weeks ago, I read somewhere that there is not just one, but two mics that are part of the active noise cancellation. Most of us have only disconnected the one located under the headliner. There is another one located inside the map light box, but this mic seems to be important for other functions as well, so I guess it should not be disconnected.
For the records, this is where I found this information. See posts 874 onward:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773&page=59

Last edited:

p0werslave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/PP
Thanks Mak - please update the link as it currently directs you to the main page :)

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Posted a video on the sound clip fro inside the car. Hope you like it guys! Recommend using stereo sound headphones to hear the real deal lol...

[ame]

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
MBRP Clanging Noise

Hey peeps,
I was having a clanging noise coming from the exhaust. After taking it to the shop 4 times, it was identified that the hangers on the exhaust were not properly designed to go with the holders on the Mustang. So they ended up doing a custom one for me. Basically the hangers were pointing way too up causing it to rub against the holder on the car in which was burning it (see images attached). On the same token, I reported it to MBRP and they were sorry for this and offered me free black tips and a sweater. Since I have no use for it, I have it on sale. So in case someone is interested, please check out my eBay listing (link below).

eBay link (Tips + Sweater):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/252968003011?item=252968003011&viewitem=&vxp=mtr
20170523_192550[1].jpg
20170523_192625[1].jpg

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)
I installed the MBRP Race exhaust system a couple of days ago. Great sound - my Stang now growls! IMHO this is one of the best (if not the best) exhaust systems out there for the EcoBoost. On idle the sound is deep and when you simply "touch" the throttle you can hear a low growl coming out of the car. When you go WOT, it gets wild! But this is what you want, isn't it? Definitely love the sound, it's a different car - a head turner!

Below I post a YouTube video that I made. I have to tell you though, in reality the MBRPs sound significantly better than on video (not only mine, but any video that I have seen on YouTube).

As an owner of the mbrp, I personally love the Magnaflow street system. If you go uncatted downpipe on the mbrp it's super loud. Cold start sounds epic. Haven't tried adding a big turbo though for that true exhaust note

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
That's a nice system as well, but I still prefer the MBRPs. I simply love the deep sound!

Can I ask you something though: I saw on your signature that you have a Vibrant resonator. Which one are you using, is there a model number? Did you put it on in order to reduce drone? Also, does the resonator have any effect on the overall sound of the exhaust?
Sponsored