Sponsored

Pricing good? Thoughts on dealers comment?

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I went with Solomon Ford in Brownsville. They have a 2016 race red GT premium in the show room right now on pretty good discount if that is of interest. They did me good on price but will note it did help me that I got pricing from Koon's. I let them give me a price just in case it was good from the get go. Once I saw it was a bit higher (38k before TTL), I busted out my notes on pricing I received from Washington Ford and Koon's. Washington would've been around 39k OTD, Koon's would've been 38.2k OTD. I told them if they could do 39k OTD I'll buy. I don't care for Washington Ford and to me it's worth it to pay a little more to not have to go to Baltimore.

If you need a ride when the time comes let me know, I'll take you for a ride in my new GT to go buy yours. :thumbsup:
Thanks man, appreciate the response. Solomon is where my sister purchased her Escape and she said it was a good experience dealing with them (and she is quite the difficult customer). They are definitely one of the few I have heard or done good dealings with. My opinion on Washington Ford (and Woltz and Wind, which I think are affiliated) is about the same as yours.

I am still a couple months out, as I will be trading in my WRX and want to be sure winter is over. It looks like the 1250 rebate is good thru 4/3/17 and the 750 rebate is only thru the end of February, so I will be on the next cycle. I may head up this weekend and talk to them about ordering or at least see if they have anything coming in that interests me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Thanks man, appreciate the response. Solomon is where my sister purchased her Escape and she said it was a good experience dealing with them (and she is quite the difficult customer). They are definitely one of the few I have heard or done good dealings with. My opinion on Washington Ford (and Woltz and Wind, which I think are affiliated) is about the same as yours.

I am still a couple months out, as I will be trading in my WRX and want to be sure winter is over. It looks like the 1250 rebate is good thru 4/3/17 and the 750 rebate is only thru the end of February, so I will be on the next cycle. I may head up this weekend and talk to them about ordering or at least see if they have anything coming in that interests me.
I actually bought a used F-150 at Solomon about 4 years ago and had a good experience. My experience this time was good as well. I dealt with Matt Banai for my Mustang order. I am friends with his brother. He was cool to deal with, down to earth, and not pushy or anything. I would recommend him.

We bought a used Fusion at Washington Ford a few years back and we weren't really happy with their sales or service. I just prefer not use them unless I need to for some reason.

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Congrats on the purchase!!

One thing caught my eye in that original post about Pennsylvania...I've never heard about CA emissions being used or any other difficulty/fees there. In fact I had Koons draw up an itemized bill for what the car I wanted would cost. Other than the inflated price of $300 for DMV fees (that costs $45 locally)....that's all that was included and nothing about CA emissions. Just wondering if that's something new within the past year?

Thanks

-Emt1581

OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Thanks!

The CA emissions thing was on the window sticker on one of the Mustang's I saw. Apparently PA has adopted their standards along with a few other states. That being said I bet it doesn't matter if the car is "CARB" certified but rather that they are using the same standards on testing. Note this is my guess and I really don't know. On the 2017's they don't do "California Emissions" on certain cars like previous years, not they all are marked "50 state emissions" or something like that.
Sponsored