Sponsored

Prototype S550 Saleen Parts?

BOSS 32V

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT pp
I'd buy those rear brakes and rear spoiler.
Sponsored

Speed Junky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX w/ IRS
I like the grill as well. The rear deck is cool too but I wouldn't get one if it wasn't a true Saleen.
I would not want to drop my car off to have it converted right now with their situation. Would love to have one, but could not afford the financial hit if they filed chapter 11 and wrote everything off.
Scarface- I owned a new edge Saleen S281SC (02-532) and it handled way better than my buddy's Roush Stage 3. The Saleen had 6 pot billet Brembos, HD bilsteins, stiffer springs and swaybars that worked together very well. The Roush was only slightly better than the GTs of the time IMO. Were you talking solely about the S197s? I don't have any experience with those.

FR500GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
I love my 07 Saleen S281 SC. I really hope they come out with a completely new design like they did back in 2005 and not just do the add ons like the 2010+ models. But due to their current situation, I'm not holding my breath..
image.jpg

Madlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
The REAL 2015 bodywork will need to wait until Saleen's MakerBot gets fixed. I mean, honestly - at this point, with so few resources, what beyond inexpensive to make but big visual impression bodywork and some off the shelf bolt-ons can anybody really expect?

Without a whole lot behind him to do things like make aero parts that actually improve aero or engineering a uniqe and specific suspension set up, except for people who already may be steeped in previous Saleen cars and want to add another just because his name will be on it, I really have a hard time seeing a compelling value, performance or brand affinity proposition here.

I wish him all the luck in the world, but he's sidled up to the high stakes table with only pocket change. No matter how well he plays, even going "all in" just won't yield very much I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Perhaps Steve Saleen lives in your building complex! His daughter, Molly, drives a pink S197 called Molly Pop :)

I believe thats the Saleen 602 Black Label Camaro (Convertible)

I think he uses this as his normal daily driver, though it seems like he never drives it

He also has a Pink Saleen S197 (which I believe is his wife's), looks pretty much just like this

OP
OP
GetYourWheels

GetYourWheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GetYourWheels.com
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
GT350R / Tesla Model 3P
Perhaps Steve Saleen lives in your building complex! His daughter, Molly, drives a pink S197 called Molly Pop :)

I think.... you may be may be right... I'll need to take a closer look at the S197 when I get a chance, that license plate should be easy to recognize.

I saw the white S550 again last night, and he had the grill and rear Saleen piece removed already, and the OEM pieces put back. Car was completely stock other than the Saleen windshield banner. I have pics but its just stock. Hmmm :shrug:

OP
OP
GetYourWheels

GetYourWheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GetYourWheels.com
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
GT350R / Tesla Model 3P
Someone had asked to see the Saleen Camaro, so here it is!
Gtro7db.png

4gmbVz6.png
Sponsored