Sponsored

2018 Mustangs at Austin

grimlock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Ecoboost
AWESOME... its so ugly my 2016 just went up in value!
Sponsored

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Has anyone broke the code on the LCD instrument panel image Ford released? It makes a reference to the 1964 1/2 D code 289 CI. The 64 1/2 D code is for the 4 speed manual transmission and the LCD panel shows it in 4th gear, I have yet to determine what the 55 means on the speedo. And another question is Why does it show the LCD panel in 4th gear and also has an automatic gear indicator in (D)rive?

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Roush will have a better front end ready before the car is even available to the public. Two other high profile aftermarket companies are working on one as we speak as well. Not a big deal. Other than the front, I have no complaints. There is no way the GT isn't going to be blistering quick plus the magnaride will be a game changer.

Sponsored

5LITER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt base 6spd mans transmission
Very maserati looking in the pics. I'll stick to the Aston look.

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
I was 17 when the '67 Mustang was introduced with those twin chrome-trimmed instrument bezels and LOVE that my '17 has the same design. True, the trend is for the large electronic display screen but for me it just doesn't look like a Mustang instrument cluster without those beautiful round chrome bezels.

Sponsored

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Is it just me... or do the front and back ends of the 2018 car now look mismatched (from a side on view - especially in those first two pics in post #1)?

The back's still got that high/muscle car look but the front looks like it's been borrowed from a Kia and completely lacks true aggression.

Glad I bought when I did...

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Instrument Cluster

I was 17 when the '67 Mustang was introduced with those twin chrome-trimmed instrument bezels and LOVE that my '17 has the same design. True, the trend is for the large electronic display screen but for me it just doesn't look like a Mustang instrument cluster without those beautiful round chrome bezels.
Problem is that they are so far apart that you have parallax error with the Spoeedometer. For me, once the Seat and Wheel are adjusted, I can't see the Speed Indication.

They should have canted the internal Displays towards the Driver Eyes.

The GT350 has a digital Speed Option in the Information Display.

Too bad you can't update the non - 350 cars to provide everyone this Option. I consider it a Safety Feature.

At least the New Digital Display on the 18s gives you better Display Options.

Remember, the non GT 64/65 Mustangs had a Linear Display Similar to the new 18 Digital Display.

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Yes you can.

Problem is that they are so far apart that you have parallax error with the Spoeedometer. For me, once the Seat and Wheel are adjusted, I can't see the Speed Indication.

They should have canted the internal Displays towards the Driver Eyes.

The GT350 has a digital Speed Option in the Information Display.

Too bad you can't update the non - 350 cars to provide everyone this Option. I consider it a Safety Feature.

At least the New Digital Display on the 18s gives you better Display Options.

Remember, the non GT 64/65 Mustangs had a Linear Display Similar to the new 18 Digital Display.
The Premium GT apps will allow you to display digital speed in the center.

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Roush will have a better front end ready before the car is even available to the public. Two other high profile aftermarket companies are working on one as we speak as well. Not a big deal. Other than the front, I have no complaints. There is no way the GT isn't going to be blistering quick plus the magnaride will be a game changer.
I don't have an issue with the front end, with Mustangs we fall for each one and dislike each one's replacement, then fall for it just like we did the last. The changes on the 18 are so compelling. And sadly I believe the S650 will be a physically smaller car - terrific for winning races, not so good if, like myself you have use for a 2+2.

Carguy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1LE
Saw the 2018 at the car show. Not a fan of any part of the new front end. Looking forward to see the new performance pack options and if it will hang with the SS 1LE
Sponsored