Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Not seeing anything for the 6060 on their site?
I understand that's why I said they are in the process of doing a version for the 6060.
Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
I understand that's why I said they are in the process of doing a version for the 6060.
My bad, thanks for the input that thing is awesome except for the price. Almost what I paid for the 6060.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
If I had a 6060 trans, I would most definitely go with a S1 Sequential shifter. Hands down. http://www.s1sequential.com/
I spoke to them about doing a sequential shifter for the tr3160 and they said they are doing a 6060 version now and not ready to do a 3160.
There is one (out of stock)for the T56 on their website .Will this fit the Magnum XL?
With the flat shifting option it sounds like it would be a great option for drag racing .No need to auto swap if you don't have the "driver mod" to get 1/4 mile goals in big horse power builds.
Even better if they make one for the Tr6060 from a price point of view .

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I also looked in to the "tranzilla" Magnum upgrade .
Got a quote for $4900 -They provided details of the upgrade which I will post .
It is rated at 850 lb/ft vs 700 for the stock Magnum .
They also have an option using different strengths metal that they rate up to 1000 lb/ft for an additional $700.
This is trans only so if the Calimer stage I Tr6060 has similar upgrades it makes it a no brainer.
I have not been able to get details on what makes it - a "stage I" vs a stock Tr 6060.
Anyone know ?

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Typically stage 1 is carbon rings, new keys and springs, fork pad kit, front and rear seals and labor.

Stage 2 is carbon rings, billet 1-2 and 3-4 keys, bronze fork pads, bronze shifter bushing and steel 3-4 shift fork. I think these Tremecs already have a steel shift fork though.

Everywhere is different. This is based on my recent dealing of having to rebuild the Magnum I recently purchased from here

Sponsored

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Wanted to give you guys an update.

Got the 6060 in Saturday. Goes in just as smooth as the mt-82 came out.
Ben sends pigtails for the speed sensor and reverse light, a stock transmission mount and his own custom billet crossmember.

Reverse light is straightforward, just splice it into the old harness.
I used the Dakota Digital box. Its a 5 wire set up and also very easy. Once i confirm it works as described, no speed jumps and cruise works in all gears, I will post up the wiring.
As of now I will not be running a reverse lockout.

That's all I have for now. Still waiting on MGW for their swap specific setup. Hopefully comes in the next day or so. I will post pics once I have everything.
I didn't run a reverse lockout at first either, but was never confident shifting into 5th. Ended up installing the lockout but not electronically connecting it to anything.

It takes a little muscle to get it into reverse, but definitely don't have to worry about shifting to 5th now.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Typically stage 1 is carbon rings, new keys and springs, fork pad kit, front and rear seals and labor.

Stage 2 is carbon rings, billet 1-2 and 3-4 keys, bronze fork pads, bronze shifter bushing and steel 3-4 shift fork. I think these Tremecs already have a steel shift fork though.

Everywhere is different. This is based on my recent dealing of having to rebuild the Magnum I recently purchased from here
Thanks man.
Below is a screen shot of the quote I got for a "Tranzilla" Magnum.

IMG_1141_zpswtxf43oz.png

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man.
Below is a screen shot of the quote I got for a "Tranzilla" Magnum.

IMG_1141_zpswtxf43oz.png
And below is a screen shot from Ben's face book page.

The Magnum ratings are for torque.

My KB car makes about "only" 750lbft so the regular Magnum may do but if Ben's

Tr6060 has similar upgrades to the Tranzilla that looks like the better buy.

Add the the blow fish bracket to solve the remote mount issue of the Tr6060(and just sold mine for cheap:headband:)

IMG_1142_zpserobkuaq.png

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again for this thread. I will be referring to it when It is time for the swap.

Finally decided and ordered a Magnum XL /DS from D&D.I spoke to Don Walsh snr who apparentlywas a drag racing Icon in his day. He is almost 80 now but still as sharp as tack
He was a pleasure to deal with as he answered all my questions in person and email.

Decided on having it race prepped adding CF hybrid blocker rings on 3,4,5( 2 already has CF from factory).Also bronze fork pads on all gears and reverse.Also upgraded to a SHD yoke for the drive shaft. It will include the electronic gear ratio adaptor and speedo and reverse lock out pigtails.
I plan on sending cutch to be resplined and will install at same time as I swap the motor for a sleeved 5.2.
[FONT=CIDFont+F3][FONT=CIDFont+F3]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Confirmed, The Dakota Digital box is fully functional and cruise works in all gears. I will get the wiring and settings together and post it.

tsloms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
Interested in drive shaft and Dakota info. We're putting a built tr6060 into our customer's twin turbo GT350. :)
Just curious on which flywheel and clutch you'll be using on this combo. Next year I'll have a fully built GT350 engine to go into my GT and wondered about the dedicated GT350 assembly versus the standard Coyote ones.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is what i have on the Dakota,

picture.jpg

picture.jpg

In the schematic i had to change from the picture above. *Colors are based on the color dots on the schematic not dots on Dakota box.

Yellow dot wire from 6060 speed sensor, goes to signal in @ Dakota. Blue dot wire from pcm, goes to output 1 @ Dakota box.

Set the Dakota box to high input high output. Then manually adjust the the readout with the + button while driving until you get to 2.83.

I used the OSS reading on my ngauge to match rpm in 4th. Which comes to a gain setting of 2.83 on the box.

This is what worked for me and should work for you as well. + cruise works in all gears.

Hope this helps.

Mattman1107

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt MM
What wires are used from the vss harness on the car to connect to the tr6060 plug
Sponsored