Sponsored

Pricing good? Thoughts on dealers comment?

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Shopping around for pricing to order a 2017 GT. Waiting to get pricing from Koon's in Baltimore but in the mean time have touched base with my local dealer to see what they say. See the email trail below. Thoughts? He's saying he can do $36,500 but he also missed the mark on his MSRP. Thinking he's decent but I am betting I can do better.

Hello Barry,

I am looking for a 2017 Mustang with the below options, probably looking to order. Doubt I'll find exactly what I want on the lot and aside from that, it should arrive just in time for the good weather. Just checking a couple places to see what can be done on pricing. Feel free to call anytime. Thanks and talk to you soon.

Roger

What I'm looking for....

2017 Race Red GT Premium (400A)
Manual Transmission
Performance Package
Ebony Premier trim
Ash Cup/Coin Holder

Roger,

I am guessing you are looking for a coupe as opposed to a convertible. These figures are for a 2017 GT Premium Coupe with your specifications.

The MSRP is $41090.00* Invoice is $38928.24. We would sell the car for $38500, the rebates from Ford are $2,000.00 at present, moving the sale price to 36500.00.

*If I can answer any other questions or forward any information I can be reached through email or at 724-223-5100 ext 224 and ask for Barry Duffey.

Respectfully

Barry Duffey

Hello Barry,

Thanks for the information.

Yes I am looking at a coupe. Any chance you guys can get down to $35k on it? I am also looking at Koon's Ford in Baltimore and seems like they are the guys to beat on pricing. From what I can see looks like they should be able to get down around $34k but of course there is some value in not having to go to Baltimore as well. Just a note, the MSRP you show above with without the Ebony Premier trim and the coin cup. That brings it up to $41,515.

Thanks and talk to you soon.

Roger

Roger,

We have run into Koons before. There are a couple things to watch out for. To register a car in Pennsylvania*it must have California emissions, In PA a dock fee is regulated, in other states we have seen $500-$600, you would then have to get a PA inspection sticker, If they are down to 34k and everything else matches up It would be quite a deal. We think we have given a very competitive price where we are at*and I thank you for the opportunity. I can be reached through email or at 724-223-5100 ext 224 if I can*help you out in any way*

Respectfully

Barry Duffey
Sponsored

Magnetic17Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP
My magnetic premium with performance package was 36 out the door after tags taxes fees etc.
Maybe keep shopping - I shopped for about a month when I found mine.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
But if you order and that 2k incentive is gone when car gets here pretty sure you won't get it

OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
True, didn't think about that. I have Koon checking into things for me. Also going to a dealership this weekend to talk to by friends brother who's a salesman to see what he can do. Hoping someone can come through for me.

Would be nice if I could find mine on the lot but seems most of the premiums have the 401A package which I don't want. The fact that I want the premier trim seems to be my biggest issue. Trying to get that with Race Red and without the 401A doesn't seem to easy.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The premier trim seems rare as fuck lol I just ordered mine 17 gb gt manual will be Here march 29

Sponsored

walkerracing23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Seems a little high. I'm in the process of buying one right now and I'm going to pay a little under that for a 401a PP with nav and backup assist

OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Wonder how much needing to order one is hurting me as opposed to finding something on the lot.....

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Got a price from Koon's finally. They are telling me $34,403 - $38,182 OTD. MSRP is $42,485. Thoughts?

trekkar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
still looking
Got a price from Koon's finally. They are telling me $34,403 - $38,182 OTD. MSRP is $42,485. Thoughts?
So I assume thats about 2k in taxes 6% PA, where does the other 1600 charge come from?

8k off seems about right with not much hassle, I think there may have been someone that got close to 10k off but that was a special deal on an automatic and a car on the lot in TX.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
But if you order and that 2k incentive is gone when car gets here pretty sure you won't get it
Unless its changed recently, a Ford dealer can lock in cash back incentives at time of special order. But it's not automatic; they have to take action when the car is ordered. Some salespeople may not be aware. If it's locked in, when you take delivery, you have the option of taking the locked in cash-back or any current incentive. You can not opt to get any incentives that were in effect in between. You can't lock in interest or lease incentives, just cash back. Again, this is all unless things have changed.

OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Well I placed an order with a local dealership. Got them down to 39k out the door. He had a car on the lot I could've got for 8K off but not what I wanted. Koon's seemed to have the best price of the people I dealt with but I'm willing to pay a little more to stay local. I feel like $2500 under MSRP with TTL included isn't to bad. I think I could've done much better if I could've found something on the lot I wanted but considering I wanted a special order, I feel like I did alright.

Anyways I have a Mustang coming! =)

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Hit up my man Melvin Bagby over at Koons Baltimore...he'll set you up with the absolute lowest price in the Northeast. I tried for weeks to get a better price within 500 miles on my location and they had the best.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Well I placed an order with a local dealership. Got them down to 39k out the door. He had a car on the lot I could've got for 8K off but not what I wanted. Koon's seemed to have the best price of the people I dealt with but I'm willing to pay a little more to stay local. I feel like $2500 under MSRP with TTL included isn't to bad. I think I could've done much better if I could've found something on the lot I wanted but considering I wanted a special order, I feel like I did alright.

Anyways I have a Mustang coming! =)
Which local dealer did you end up going with? I am down in Morgantown and will be shopping in April/May and your what I consider local.

OP
OP
chain

chain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
Which local dealer did you end up going with? I am down in Morgantown and will be shopping in April/May and your what I consider local.
I went with Solomon Ford in Brownsville. They have a 2016 race red GT premium in the show room right now on pretty good discount if that is of interest. They did me good on price but will note it did help me that I got pricing from Koon's. I let them give me a price just in case it was good from the get go. Once I saw it was a bit higher (38k before TTL), I busted out my notes on pricing I received from Washington Ford and Koon's. Washington would've been around 39k OTD, Koon's would've been 38.2k OTD. I told them if they could do 39k OTD I'll buy. I don't care for Washington Ford and to me it's worth it to pay a little more to not have to go to Baltimore.

If you need a ride when the time comes let me know, I'll take you for a ride in my new GT to go buy yours. :thumbsup:
Sponsored