Prototype S550 Saleen Parts?

EricinSC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 E250 Bluetec
I have been a saleen fan since the 90's and always liked saleen products especially the s281e's, then my mind was blown when they released the s7. How many other aftermarket parts companies do you know that have built a super car from the ground up. I like what they did to the 550's grill and with the tesla. I would really like to see them get their financial issues resolved. But as will all internet trolls and haters the people who are talking down on this company have clearly never actually used any of their products.
Sponsored

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost

Sponsored

OP
OP
GetYourWheels

GetYourWheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GetYourWheels.com
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
GT350R / Tesla Model 3P
OP
OP
GetYourWheels

GetYourWheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GetYourWheels.com
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
GT350R / Tesla Model 3P
Since some people might be following now, heres another shot I have showing the side.

Although I didnt notice anything that looked different from OEM?

Maybe I'll take a closer look when I get back tonight

scarface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom
Their current financial state is even more reason to support them. The more money they get the more they can use to make future editions. GM went bankrupt and people kept buying those cars, why leave an independent (primarily Mustang) tuning company to fall when Saleen has produced some of the rarest and bad&$$ Mustangs up to date. I would totally buy a Saleen over a Roush but that's just my preference.
Having owed several Roush Mustangs (member at FNSWEET-largest Roush membership, also member at TeamShelby-2013 GT500) we do a lot of gtc with the Saleen club, 90% of the people including me would take a Roush over the Saleen, even Saleen owners would agreed. Saleen is looking good while Roush main focus is handling and hitting that apex. The question you have to ask is, if you buy a Saleen, and if they ever hit the market, with their financial status, how's their support system, warranty, parts and services when you need them? I've known a few Saleen owners of older models having warranty related issues not being covered because the company has exchanged hands some many times, they just point the finger at someone else. Take the S197 mustang, Roush actually had the car 7 months before it was released, they did throughout testing, chassis tuning, suspension tuning, and Jack himself drove the test mule for several weeks. Ford is so impressed with what Roush has done for their racing WORKS team that the Shelby GT500 is tuned and tested by Roush. As for Saleen, the last few models of Mustangs just feel like someone got whatever last penny they have, put a body kit together, and that's the last anyone hear of it, they did it with the S197, 2010 Mustang, the Camaro, Tesla. Then you still have financial issues, bankruptcy, owners suing owners, Steve Saleen suing for his name back, there's some many question marks with this company, and products not being delivered. At the end of the day, for $50K, you are better of with the GT350.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
That car looks like it's for testing aftermarket mustang add ons.

Not the actual Saleen build.

Gotta say I love what Saleen does with the mustang.

Always takes the design forward.

Sponsored

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I posted this in its own thread but I think it got buried lol. Since we're on the subject of Saleen Parts.. Let me know what you all think of this:
I have some ideas for what I want to do to my Mustang. I had ALWAYS wanted to do a GT350 Tribute car but with a real one out on the streets Shelby's taken that away from me lol.

I used to love the Saleens from the late 80's and even did put a wing on my 89 LX 5.0 along with the 302 decals and the Ford Motorsport decals in the quarter windows.. My thinking is possibly recreating that with my V6. I like th CDC spoiler as it reminds me of the old Saleen whale tail and possibly putting graphics along the rocker panels, change the grill.. Etc. this is only one possibility but wanted to know what you all think

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Their current financial state is even more reason to support them. The more money they get the more they can use to make future editions. GM went bankrupt and people kept buying those cars, why leave an independent (primarily Mustang) tuning company to fall when Saleen has produced some of the rarest and bad&$$ Mustangs up to date. I would totally buy a Saleen over a Roush but that's just my preference.
It's best just to let the large horizontal plastic stripes die.

OP
OP
GetYourWheels

GetYourWheels

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.GetYourWheels.com
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
GT350R / Tesla Model 3P
That car looks like it's for testing aftermarket mustang add ons.

Not the actual Saleen build.

Gotta say I love what Saleen does with the mustang.

Always takes the design forward.
I'd say thats most likely the case. I'd be scared if that is their build being released in 20 days!

He also has a Charcoal colored S550 he drives, which I havent had a chance to take a look at yet.... hmmm
Sponsored