2018 Mustangs at Austin

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I had no idea folks would get so wound up about the tach. orange PP.
Nice, thanks for that! Looks like a firm redline at 7,500 rpm!
Sponsored

BluFlash5x8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 5.0 LX, 2012 GT500, 13' GT500, 13 & 14 5.0...
Geez the car does look aweful. The sliver-thin DRL LED's are still dull and dim, not hardly even visible in the shade. They need to give them some LIFE!!!!! Someone needs to come up with a LED bulb upgrade that brightens this things front end up, it's just so bland and sleepy looking.. The metallic orange is just "Tangerine Scream" from the Focus ST. Identical to my neighbors 14' ST. Let's have a nice purple or something. And the Crimson color looks like "Root Beer" brown. But it's name puts it in close se proximity to the Ruby red. And as the OP said, the front end is truly disgusting. The front lower chin spoiler and lip are WAY to high off the ground and angles upward!!!!!, does Ford want this thing to go airborne after 88 mph? What a mess. And it still has Mid 70's Toyota Celica GT tail lights. Same old interior and crappy Pirelli All season tires on base cars. The car is also said to have gained 45-65 lbs from more standard "dumb distracted driver aids"..... Well, it looks fatter. Yuck. This could be the first mustang "I don't buy" in 38 yrs. absolutely hideous. FMC is finally going down the drain. Sad!!!!!

swlacobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350 2016 z06 convertable
its going to sell great! the power and tech upgrades are going to make it a hit.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Front End is Soooo Ugly, it's not growing on me at all, getting worse!

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
It looks like the arm rest/cupholder/shifter area isn't raised or padded like I initially thought, it just has some stitching in front of the shifter. I also wonder what it'll take to swap in the base model version of the 8" touch screen into my '16, and whether or not it'll be worth it. I just want some Apple CarPlay, dammit.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Yuck, atleast this will only be in production for 2 years. I'm not planning on a new one for atleast 3 years so maybe they'll get it right on the next one.

ATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 gt
ATx Congress bridge like the donuts thanks for pics/vid

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
man that front end is fugly!! If you squint and look at the side shot of the blue one with the aluminium 5 spokes...it looks...forgive me....blech, puking in my mouth somewhat...like a camaro.Houghhaaagaggag.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
#1 upgrade, IMHO is the exhaust. Orange PP car in video, doing donuts sounds great.
Has Ford announced the HP for the '18 yet?

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
FORD FTW

Thanks for posting!
Disappointed I didnt get a PM about this.
Looking for pics of brakes, front knuckes if anyone has any.

To those who track, this front end is a MASSIVE improvement.
This is form following function.
Several track rats have dropped the current nose or had to add large splitters due to aero buffeting lift forward of front axle.
I saw a stock stang with only stock center hood latch go into "tank slappers" at 130. Looked like eddy shedding Tacoma Narrows style. Its like a standing wave bouncing left right left etc trapped in the upper grill area pressure forward. Nasty if it sets up.

Heard there are cookies for the track crowd like easier to add brake ducts and additional radiators in fender wells for trans and oil coolers.
Yall need to recognize the tech in the 2018 is substantial: 12:1 + Direct and Port injection + Mag ride?

If GT350 doesnt get DI+PI, then it will be easy to tune an 18 GT to GT350 power levels if not higher.
From a tuners perspective 5.2L PI<<5.0L DI&PI. That 0.2 liters cant touch DI in a forced induction arrangement.
We will likely see a 750-800RWHP moderately durable and sustainable limit, and streetable 1000rwhp on stock motor.

Dont like the front end? Totally understand and respect that impression. Dont worry, youll only be looking at it in the mirror for a split second before it passes you..

God Bless Ford!:ford:

Last edited:

Sponsored

mbutler04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Great photos. I still hate the area directly below the fog lights on the 18's. I love a lot of the other new features, but give me the 15-17's all day.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
I like the looks of the 18.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Gotta say it but for a stock exhaust, well assuming thats the optional acitve exhaust with valves open, it sounds absolutely amazing!

Still not sure about the front, but cosmetic stuff is easily fixed. The extra power and 10-speed will make it a hit and quite a leap in performance from the old car.

B4Sunrise

Team play is essential
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Really nice, I have no issue with the front end, it's a Mustang GT that is all I really care about as far as the exterior goes. - as far as color - yellow, orange or red....Premium, MagnaRide.
The guy doing donuts in the orange fury as got a set of cojones - that concert wall couldn't be more than 3-4 feet from the rear end on some of those circles..
Sponsored