Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
OFFICIAL 3.0 DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE BY FORD
UPDATED: DEC 12, 2020
NEW 3.0 BUILD 20204 Official!!

JR3T-14G381-AX

1607719239809.png

If this is your first time seeing this thread, it might look confusing but all questions have been answered on here.

(Follow official pdf instructions below) Installation instructions:
1. Download.
2. Unzip onto desktop.
3. Grab a USB Flash Drive, 32GB minimum.
4. Format the drive to exFAT.
5. Put the extracted files inside the flash drive.
6. Turn car on. Turn bluetooth off, just in case(optional). Or master rest before beginning.
7. It might take 5 mins for Updating System Software message to pop up, then 19 mins to install from thereon
Depending on the Ford model, it might reboot automatically after installation is complete, if navigation maps don't come back don't worry turn off/on the car again.

MEM_ERROR03 solution Here https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2197698&postcount=18

*OFFICIAL UPDATE v3.0.18025 --> OWNER.FORD.COM*

FOR APPLE CARPLAY, YOU WILL NEED TO REPLACE CENTER CONSOLE HUB PORT, FOR ANDROID AUTO NO PART REPLACEMENT NEEDED

USB HUB: HU5Z-19A387-A

bc443952e451a47d94e26abbdb6c233a.jpg

Order here:
Lewittown Ford Parts
Mustang (Confirmed part#) Blue single hub. https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/hu5z-19a387-a.html

Ford Parts Giant
Mustang (Confirmed part#) Blue single https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts/ford-module-interface_hu5z-19a387-a.html

1*Jump to forum images
2*Jump to forum images

3*Jump to forum images

HOW TO SWAP OEM USB TO USE APPLE CARPLAY: A SIMPLE D.I.Y IN 15 MINS - THANKS TO ALI

Follow Attached pdf files
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Looking forward to this! Not 100% sure how or what it is exactly, but I likes the sound of it!! :headbang: :thumbsup:

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I've got CarPlay in my XC90. Overall, it's pretty cool.

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'56 Victoria, Tahoe, '16 GT350
Very excited for this. Now if only they can integrate Waze into the Sync app features...

markham51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 07 GT500 SS, MKIII Cobra, 68 Shelby GT500 KR Convert
Looking forward to this! Not 100% sure how or what it is exactly, but I likes the sound of it!! :headbang: :thumbsup:
Software (maps, music, phone apps, etc.) created by Apple (CarPlay) and Google (Google Auto) can now be integrated into your car's "infotainment system/media centre" and used in your car just like you do with your cell phone or laptop at home.

The benefit is significant because things now work (in your car) the same way they do everywhere else and updates can be installed seamlessly over the airwaves instead of having software that is out of date the day you drive your car off the lot. among other things, it takes the pressure off the car manufacturers to "be all things to all people" with respect to applications themselves.

In order to do this dynamically, SYNC software itself must be upgradable and it is.

Finally, with my GT350 I don't have to wait until I buy a new car to get new software. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
This is absolutely awesome news!

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully mods will post it on homepage soon!!

ZIGZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Premium PP
Is there anyone else other than me disappointed that this doesn't work via Bluetooth, and that you have to plug it in? I got Sync 3 for the ability to update to CarPlay. Seeing as I actually have to use a USB cord I doubt I'll use it much now. Dumb.

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Is there anyone else other than me disappointed that this doesn't work via Bluetooth, and that you have to plug it in? I got Sync 3 for the ability to update to CarPlay. Seeing as I actually have to use a USB cord I doubt I'll use it much now. Dumb.
Bluetooth will be the 2018's cool new upgrade. ;) I thought the same thing you did.

MostlyHarmless

Middle Aged Punk
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Within 10 mph of the limit...mostly.
Ok, so here are my dumb questions:

• When you use Google Maps via the Google Auto option, does that count against my data plan? My phone currently has 10gb per month limit. Or, like the Tesla, does the car have its own Cell/Wi-Fi capability?
  • Can a 2015 have its Sync 2 upgraded to Sync 3 at the dealer? For what cost?

YLA G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oranginator
- It's on you phone data plan. But I believe you can download the area's that you want to use at home when you are having wifi.
- 2015->2016 is not possible. But there are chinees knock off's (tomtop etc) that do even more for only 300 dollar, but there seems to be bugs on it.

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
You need to understand data transfer rates and the difference between streaming music and streaming apps. Bluetooth 4 theoretically tops out at 24 megabits per second, USB 2 tops out at 480 megabits per second and USB 3 at 5 gigabits per second. You ever try to copy a file over Bluetooth???

Sal33n

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2018 Alfa Stelvio
Ok, so here are my dumb questions:

• When you use Google Maps via the Google Auto option, does that count against my data plan? Yes

My phone currently has 10gb per month limit. Or, like the Tesla, does the car have its own Cell/Wi-Fi capability? No but if it did then you would have to pay for that data plan anyway, so in the end you pay either way.

• Can a 2015 have its Sync 2 upgraded to Sync 3 at the dealer? For what cost? No
Look at answers in red above
Sponsored