Sponsored

Rumor - The GT500 thread

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
LMAO! Your spot on man...I have my doubts too. If it wasn't for 1 guy in paticular saying that its delayed and now coming for 19, I would be 100% in your court. One of the reasons is they can name the bronco and ranger coming is because there isn't one yet. I just don't get all the hush, UNLESS it is groundbreaking and they don't want someone right on their tails a year later (kinda like what this GM article is stating) My guess is they don't want to stymie sales of the 350, so they will release the info of the GT500/cobra as late as possible. I'm guessing at the detroit show next January.
agreed. The GT350 might be a hard sell in MY 2018 if the new super whizbang best ever mustang comes out the next year. Announcing the Bronco now sort of helps people to have a time frame of what they might want to purchase a few years down the road. if I was going to buy an explorer in 6 months or a wrangler, I might want to wait now. In a way, we KNOW there will be some halo mustang coming soon, and now we KNOW there is a bronco. In both cases, we don't know what they will look like or what they will consist of, we just know they are coming.
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm gonna guess the announcement will be after a good portion of '18 GT350's are built and sold. Somewhere around Oct/ Nov. I'm calling it now. We'll here about it then and no sooner.

Just get the wallet prepared to cough up 70+K.
I'm gonna sit on the fence a bit, unless its killer cool and a must have. I'm happy with the 350R. From a power standpoint, its lacking, but it sure is a fun car to drive, and IMO its the most beautiful car around (aside from the gaps LOL)
The reason I'm gonna hang out is because there will be so many cars to choose from. I'm a Ford guy, and I really want them to succeed, however if they lack on the goods, compared to the other offerings, I may jump ship on the next purchase.

Conedodger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-R
I question if this is true. Why would GM take it on when they could wring almost the same amount of power out of a CPC motor? Just to COPY what ford has done? I'm willing to bet it's not FPC when it comes.
They will do it because the sound of the FPC sells. I started my car at the gas station and every guy at the place turned and looked.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Folks there does not have to be a GT500.

This is the same line of thinking that GM fans had about the Gen 6 Camaro.."THERE HAS TO BE A Z/28!!"...when in reality what they're seeing is the ZL1/1LE.

Sponsored

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
I'm gonna guess the announcement will be after a good portion of '18 GT350's are built and sold. Somewhere around Oct/ Nov. I'm calling it now. We'll here about it then and no sooner.

Just get the wallet prepared to cough up 70+K.
I'm gonna sit on the fence a bit, unless its killer cool and a must have. I'm happy with the 350R. From a power standpoint, its lacking, but it sure is a fun car to drive, and IMO its the most beautiful car around (aside from the gaps LOL)
The reason I'm gonna hang out is because there will be so many cars to choose from. I'm a Ford guy, and I really want them to succeed, however if they lack on the goods, compared to the other offerings, I may jump ship on the next purchase.
Bingo

:clap2:

Ford isn't going to jeopardize the last year of GT350 sales by announcing the next great thing early.

And I agree, bring it or I might buy a different product.

:shrug:

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

This is the same line of thinking that GM fans had about the Gen 6 Camaro.."THERE HAS TO BE A Z/28!!"...when in reality what they're seeing is the ZL1/1LE.

Yeah, that's why I've started to call it "halo-Stang". I've just read, too many times, from people who's judgement I trust, state it won't be called GT500. But that's something's coming and it'll be a monster.

BTW, a couple of these people are not members of this forum.

Just wish I knew when we might see this almost mythical beast :D

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
... omething's coming and it'll be a monster.

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."

I'm a Ford fan, so sorry for posting this, but I had to...... best car commercial ever.

[ame]

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Where there's smoke, there's often fire. It wouldn't surprise me to see GM try and develop a FPC engine, but whether it makes production is another matter.
I tend to disagree Paul. I don't think they will. What they're doing is working for them. But, I may be wrong. Just my "assumption". '

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
I'm a Ford fan, so sorry for posting this, but I had to...... best car commercial ever.
I agree great commercial. Dodge definitely has the muscle car image down.
Yeah,...the marketing team for Dodge is outstanding.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
They will do it because the sound of the FPC sells. I started my car at the gas station and every guy at the place turned and looked.
This is a true statement, the sound of a big bore FPC is totally awesome. I can't get enough of it. STILL, I'll wait and see if GM takes on the can or worms.

Better yet IMO. Just go for the jugular and forget pecking on the outside.

Bingo

:clap2:

Ford isn't going to jeopardize the last year of GT350 sales by announcing the next great thing early.

And I agree, bring it or I might buy a different product.

:shrug:
A-thankya thankya-verymuch

Yeah, that's why I've started to call it "halo-Stang". I've just read, too many times, from people who's judgement I trust, state it won't be called GT500. But that's something's coming and it'll be a monster.

BTW, a couple of these people are not members of this forum.

Just wish I knew when we might see this almost mythical beast :D
I'm just afraid what they had wasn't beastly enough so they went back and are improving.
Won't be for a while yet so we may as well give props to the other 2 builders for keeping it interesting the last couple years. We'll have another whole year to talk to the fellas, at shows and events, about how cool the GM and Fiats are gonna be.
May need to stalk resume speed in a few more months.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500

Right.

It's been said here before, but people don't pay attention ....

The GT500 name won't be resurrected for quite some time. From people who oughta know ...

And I continue to put my 1.00 on the 'Cobra' name coming back. Then look for the knuckleheads over at SAI to develop a 'Super Cobra' bolt-on package.

Ford could beef up the Trinity engine or they could go 5.0 / 5.2 with superchargers or Turbos. It'll be interesting to see what they have up their sleeve.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I want to see a whole new name that is not related to heritage. Time for Ford to move forward and break barriers.
Sponsored