Sponsored

I guarantee this is one of the strangest tire issues you've ever seen!

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
just when you think you've seen everything. :doh:
Sponsored

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I spoke with Ford Quick Lane this morning, and they have one of these in stock and will replace it ASAP. They said they've seen all manner of tools stuck in tires, but never a wrench. Also, they're saving the wrench for me.

This will be the third rear P Zero I've had replaced since I bought the car in OCT-2015. $500 for the wheel and tire package, at 1.9% interest, over 60 months, comes to a grand total of $524. As the P Zeroes are $240 apiece on Tirerack, I've now saved $196 on the price of tires, alone!

JR

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to swerve to avoid a rapidly dissasembling 2 stage aluminum ladder tonight. I was on I-275 in St Petersburg.

Nothing surprises me anymore on our roads. I have seen a 4X8ft plywood sheet come off a semi in front me, a friend was killed avoiding a full size sofa, and there was a little girl impaled by a section of rebar that came up thru the floor of her mother's car after she ran over it.

My rule is no tailgating ever if you are moving more than 20 mph. Give youself time to see what is in the road. I learned this in my 45 years of motorcycling.

To the OP: you were lucky it could have bounced up and punctured the oil pan.

:thumbsup:
This crap happens all the time around the Charleston, SC metro. People lose ladders, wheelbarrows, AN ENTIRE FREAKING SHED, dressers, mattresses, etc. SCDOT takes forever to clean them up, too. The trucks around here, and the halfassery that goes on with people loading open trailers, makes it a dangerous environment to drive in!

I had thought (for about two seconds) about getting a motorcycle to ride to work, then I remembered all the trucks and such, and I HAVE to take an interstate to work. No joy.

ETA: A couple years ago, what looked like a coil spring bounced out from under a heavy duty pickup truck, and bounced under my wife's (leased) Mercedes. It hit like a ton of freaking bricks, but luckily, only the subframe was hit, so there was no damage, other than a scrape on the metal. Luckily, this was at like 35 miles per hour...

JR

5starr0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
is it 10mm at least?

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I ran over a weed eater in my Focus once. No damage to any tires and just scraped the belly pan. How it didn't destroy a bunch of crap I don't know

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
Lol my aunt hit an engine block sitting in the middle of the road. It was dark out and BOOM! They figure it probably fell out the back of someone's pickup.

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
I need to look up my crazy pic as well.

A skull switch blade knife in the middle of my brand new 315/30/20 Toyo R888 tire!

But a wrench???

Im still trying to figure out how the hell it got in there.

Pintoracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
15 V6 051A Deep Impact Blue Reverse sensors
I worked in a tire shop when I was in college. I've seen all kinds of weird stuff inside tires after running it over. I think the weirdest was some pliers that went through the tire. They were still in good shape. I threw them in my tool box and used them. Butter knives, pushrods, and my buddy pulled main bearing cap out of one!

Sponsored

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Hey you're in Charleston! So am I. Welcome to the wrench in your tire club. Saw it all the time when I worked at Firestone on JI in college.

H1shawn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY
Once I punctured a tire with a bungee cord, the opposite side of the bungee cord beat the crap out of my rear fender. It's amazing how many dents were created in the short amount of time it took me to pull over.

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was a 14 mm!

JR

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I've seen a wrench hanging out of a sidewall before, years ago.....crazy.
Sponsored