honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Up-shifts are easy. How does the MGW handle the three-two downshift at speed going into a corner is the question?
[MENTION=19373]havasu486[/MENTION] I struggled a bit with the third to second downshift on track....especially if I needed to also downshift from 4th. I was pleasantly surprised at how much better they were after the MGW shifter install. Check out my downshifts going into Turn 11 at Sonoma.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Wow, ordered the MGW shifter this morning and it’s already shipped. How amazing is that!

Sponsored

live2ride90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Since I was behind a bunch of slow cars on my way to work, I stopped and took a photo. Then I got to go fast for 4 corners than back to slow...
350r3.jpg

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
[MENTION=19373]havasu486[/MENTION] I struggled a bit with the third to second downshift on track....especially if I needed to also downshift from 4th. I was pleasantly surprised at how much better they were after the MGW shifter install. Check out my downshifts going into Turn 11 at Sonoma.

First of all great vid!!!!!! Sonoma, very cool. Being from the Midwest I don't know if I will ever be able to make it there.

So what you are saying is the struggle was with the stock shifter but the MGW was easier to guide into gear without worry of missing a shift?

Thanks!!!!!! :cheers:

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I've had my MGW shifter in for close to a couple of thousand miles now and I love it. It was definitely worth putting it in and when I ad some questions George responded immediately.

The only complaint I have and it is a minor one. The 1-2 shift is still kind of chunky or just plain doesn't want to go into gear smoothly. It was worse with the stock shifter so I'm guessing it has something to do with the transmission itself. Next year I'll look at putting some different oil in it to see if that helps out.

Anyway, if anybody is on the fence about a MGW shifter just do it and you will be happy you did.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Jumped on the TP on the wayt to the office, and when I was on a nice straight just before Dolphin stadium and no traffic, I wound her out to listen to the symphony that is the voodoo at 7k......

Sponsored

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I've had my MGW shifter in for close to a couple of thousand miles now and I love it. It was definitely worth putting it in and when I ad some questions George responded immediately.

The only complaint I have and it is a minor one. The 1-2 shift is still kind of chunky or just plain doesn't want to go into gear smoothly. It was worse with the stock shifter so I'm guessing it has something to do with the transmission itself. Next year I'll look at putting some different oil in it to see if that helps out.

Anyway, if anybody is on the fence about a MGW shifter just do it and you will be happy you did.
My car has a notchy 1-2 shift too. Fine at speed, but around town it feels pretty average.

I'm planning on doing the BG Synchro 2 or the Castrol fluid, I'll post up if it makes an improvement.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
First of all great vid!!!!!! Sonoma, very cool. Being from the Midwest I don't know if I will ever be able to make it there.

So what you are saying is the struggle was with the stock shifter but the MGW was easier to guide into gear without worry of missing a shift?

Thanks!!!!!! :cheers:
Thanks, brother! I'm from WA state, so Sonoma was a bit of a trek....but completely worth it. Laguna is still my favorite, though! Less walls to pretend aren't there.

And you got it exactly right. Sometimes I had a bit of resistance trying to get into 2nd since it was more sensitive to pressure/angle/etc. The MGW removes most of that sensitive and helps make sure it just goes into gear.

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
I gassed up and took ten minutes to answer questions about the voodoo to strangers

RaceRed350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Shelby GT350, 1989 Ford Mustang LX coupe
Must be MGW week, just got mine installed today after having it since Mustang Week (thanks [MENTION=19066]Epiphany[/MENTION]!). Stock shifter wasn't horrible but this MGW is hands down better, solid feel & positive gear selection. Also installed a Corsa double helix x-pipe while it was on the lift too :headbang:
Sponsored