Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

C11EWM

Mustang GT Ordered
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1Series
With UK deliveries increasing In thought now was a good time to start a Uk thread for those of us that are not doing full build threads or just want to share a wash pic.

I'll start with swapped side badges to black.
image.jpg
Sponsored

RyStang72

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uptownimaging.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Did you remove the emblems? or plastic dip?

Difficult to make the swap? I'm presuming a hair dryer and some fishing line??!!

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
With UK deliveries increasing In thought now was a good time to start a Uk thread for those of us that are not doing full build threads or just want to share a wash pic.

I'll start with swapped side badges to black.
They look good. Are the badges just stuck on, or is there a locating hole? Thinking of swapping mine for something else.

Edit: answered my own question
emf107-v_9.719.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
C11EWM

C11EWM

Mustang GT Ordered
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 1Series
Did you remove the emblems? or plastic dip?

Difficult to make the swap? I'm presuming a hair dryer and some fishing line??!!
Removed. Masked around existing and uses plastic wedge to pull on existing badge. Used a cleaner to remove few bits of sticky then put new badges on using masking tape as guide. I ordered the replacements months ago so don't have locator pins on them. I know you can get ford ones now so prob some at some point.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I gave mine another wash today. Thankfully I had already waxed and sealed it last week - so all I needed to do was go around it with a mitt and shampoo and a bit of G3 detailer.

"Mirror Shine" is a very appropriate phrase here.

20160410_160247.jpg

20160410_160107.jpg

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You not flexing, or with a guitar in this picture saddens me greatly.

What did I do with my Mustang today? Got a new dealer because my previous was crap, had a chat with her on the phone, hoping to pickup next week sometime :cheers:

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So, this morning I was completely caught unaware on the way to work by a suit and tie in a white BMW M135i (unintentional rhyme).

He was so far up my arse that it was a wonder he wasn't engine deep in my exhaust. So I floored it..... in too high a gear and not in Sport-Plus mode. :( Much to my horror he managed to keep up, UNTIL about 5500rpm when his turbo must've run out of puff and my engine really started to hustle the mustang along. We reached the lights with a somewhat decent gap between us and, when he pulled along side me, tried his best to never look to his left at my car.

Hey, Mr BMW man, if you instigated the impromptu run you could at least not be a sore looser about it. :D

So I guess you could say I had a drag race (?) this morning? :lol:

I wish I was in sport plus mode and down a gear, I think it would've been an even wider gap between me and him.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
So, this morning I was completely caught unaware on the way to work by a suit and tie in a white BMW M135i (unintentional rhyme).

He was so far up my arse that it was a wonder he wasn't engine deep in my exhaust. So I floored it..... in too high a gear and not in Sport-Plus mode. :( Much to my horror he managed to keep up, UNTIL about 5500rpm when his turbo must've run out of puff and my engine really started to hustle the mustang along. We reached the lights with a somewhat decent gap between us and, when he pulled along side me, tried his best to never look to his left at my car.

Hey, Mr BMW man, if you instigated the impromptu run you could at least not be a sore looser about it. :D

So I guess you could say I had a drag race (?) this morning? :lol:

I wish I was in sport plus mode and down a gear, I think it would've been an even wider gap between me and him.
"But its not German or Italian, how did it win?" - Was what he was thinking.

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
"But its not German or Italian, how did it win?" - Was what he was thinking.
Probably! He looked like that sort of insufferable middle management type.

The M135i are silly quick cars too. Quicker to 60 than the mustang I bet.
Its scary how fast such a small car can go. 0-60 is actually identical, hovering around 4.5 to 5s. Same with 1/4 mile - around 13~13.5s (though the mustang has a higher trap speed and is consistently the faster car). Even so, quick car is quick!

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
I looked at mine longingly in the garage. Despite having it for 2 weeks and being off for the time over Easter, have spent it all slogging away in the garden :( The only days I had off it poured with rain!

A paltry 40 miles covered so far :-o

Beachfun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Airbus A380
Are the Black side badges available in the UK ?

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I gave mine another wash today. Thankfully I had already waxed and sealed it last week - so all I needed to do was go around it with a mitt and shampoo and a bit of G3 detailer.

"Mirror Shine" is a very appropriate phrase here.

20160410_160247.jpg

20160410_160107.jpg
Ha ha, great pic!!
Sponsored