Feedback wanted - Cooper Zeon RS3-S Tires

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Hey folks - I would love to hear some feedback from folks here that have these tires. I know they come on the stock Roush cars, at least the Stage 3 ones.

For the price of roughly $770 for 275/325/30 and 305/35/20 with their 3 year warranty, that price is crazy cheap for these UHP tires.

I have Googled and read good stuff but wanted to hear other feedback is anyone here has some. These would end up replacing my Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar G2 tires that have amazing dry grip but get worn out fast on the rar of my car
Sponsored

sk8erord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Performance Pack
I hated them. They came on the Roush wheels I bought from my buddy. Felt rock hard and had no traction. I preferred the stock Pirelli summer tires over them. Maybe I didn't get them hot enough, I dunno, but I couldn't stand them.

Edit - And my buddy hated them, too, for the same reasons. He went with Bridgestones REXXX (can't remember which series) and I went with S-04s when I replaced the tires on the quicksilvers.

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
I hated them. They came on the Roush wheels I bought from my buddy. Felt rock hard and had no traction. I preferred the stock Pirelli summer tires over them. Maybe I didn't get them hot enough, I dunno, but I couldn't stand them.

Edit - And my buddy hated them, too, for the same reasons. He went with Bridgestones REXXX (can't remember which series) and I went with S-04s when I replaced the tires on the quicksilvers.
Dang. That sucks.

Appreciate the feedback.

OP
OP
Todd15Fastback

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
bumpity.....

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The answer is always MPSS...

Less expensive: Bridgestone RE-11 or S-04, Conti ExtremeContact DW

Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Ive heard good and bad about them, if you want something like that then the RS3 hankooks are good.

or MPSS is good.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I have the Cooper RS3-S tires on my '13 Roush Stage 3 and have no complaints at all. (These tires were custom made for Roush by Roush and Cooper tires.) If you do a Google search, I'm sure you find A LOT more positive then negative.
Good luck! :thumbsup:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I've always thought they bulged too much from all the pics I've seen.

Sponsored

rotisserie_gold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Roush Stage 3
I have them on my 17 Roush Stage 3. They were very squirrelly for about the first 500 miles or so, but have been great so far since then. I don't know if I will re-buy them after the first set, but that's more because I have always loved super sports, and would love to see how they do on a Roush. I have read good and bad about the Coopers online, but so far I have been happy with them.

TrackpackGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT PP
Another better option on the lesser costly end is the Firestones. Check Tirerack for your sizes. I chose the Conti DW's because the Firestones had just hit the ground. If I needed tires now, I would buy the Firestones. The DW's do have a softer sidewall, but seem to wear extremely well. I have about 10k on mine and I don't think they're half way worn yet. For me that's 7/32nds. I replace mine by 4.

JGRoush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Stage 2 Roush Mustang
Not sure if you're still inquiring Todd but I hated these tires. Very poor traction in my opinion. Made for fun effortless drifting but that's about it. Not very confidence inspiring in corners.

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
I was about to start a new thread asking about these tires.
In 285/35r19 they're $124 on Tire Rack - which means I'm going to take the risk and get a set.
Because I've gone wide I was looking at UHP all seasons or lowish grip summers to allow for a little effortless sliding fun. These tires are cheaper than any Federal or Ohtsu I've found.
Sponsored