Rumor - The GT500 thread

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
It will be a monster. Hard to imagine anybody will be disappointed.
There's always a few! Haha. Not me, but I have other stuff in my sites. This thing took too long to get to market.
Sponsored

Go Time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
And hopefully they win again this year. I watched the 66 win at Daytona last month. But this year might be the end. I hope not. I hope we get 6 more performance models in two years. I don't think we will. I think the next se mustang will be the hybrid in 2020.
The GT will race for another 2 years (minimum).

hated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 gt500
New fiesta st being shown later this week. Another performance model released that is not a gt500.
1 ford gt
2 gt350
3 gt350 r
4 raptor
5 focus rs
6 focus st
7 fiesta st
8 mustang gt4
9 fr 350s
10 cobra jet
11 bullit?
12 mach 1?
That should complete the list by 2020. Kind of disappointing!

Sponsored

S922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
New fiesta st being shown later this week. Another performance model released that is not a gt500.
1 ford gt
2 gt350
3 gt350 r
4 raptor
5 focus rs
6 focus st
7 fiesta st
8 mustang gt4
9 fr 350s
10 cobra jet
11 bullit?
12 mach 1?
That should complete the list by 2020. Kind of disappointing!
I don't believe race cars were meant to be included on that list. Probably a safe bet we'll have a new Focus ST before 2020, possibly a new Focus RS as well.

I advise you all to continue waiting in suspense.

Sl13cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500
I'm more committed to Ford than I am any other brand. Ford puts out a better product, IMO. And the aftermarket .... no comparison.

However, here's the deal .... want a GT350 ?? Good luck. Wait two years, then spend weeks and weeks calling and dealing with dirt-bag dealers. Then pay MSRP if you're lucky.

Want a GT350R ? Yeah .... cough up 10k+ ADM.

Want a Charger or Challenger .... plenty of them sitting in lots in my local area. No ADM. In fact, I can negotiate price. They are available and they are reasonable.

When the next GT500 class car hits, we are gonna play this same game all over again. ADMs for years after the car hits.

So I'm looking at 3 years to ownership if that car were introduced by Ford today.

Ford is taking care of their dealers. If they weren't, they'd make more cars. The supply would drive down this ADM nonsense.

Total baloney.

It makes me consider switching brands.

:frusty:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I'm more committed to Ford than I am any other brand. Ford puts out a better product, IMO. And the aftermarket .... no comparison.

However, here's the deal .... want a GT350 ?? Good luck. Wait two years, then spend weeks and weeks calling and dealing with dirt-bag dealers. Then pay MSRP if you're lucky.

Want a GT350R ? Yeah .... cough up 10k+ ADM.

Want a Charger or Challenger .... plenty of them sitting in lots in my local area. No ADM. In fact, I can negotiate price. They are available and they are reasonable.

When the next GT500 class car hits, we are gonna play this same game all over again. ADMs for years after the car hits.

So I'm looking at 3 years to ownership if that car were introduced by Ford today.

Ford is taking care of their dealers. If they weren't, they'd make more cars. The supply would drive down this ADM nonsense.

Total baloney.

It makes me consider switching brands.

:frusty:
Agree with that, although I like that the car isn't made by the gazillion.
Dodge dealers actually got more allocations the more they sold of the hellcat...it.was good for both dealer and maker but not for the consumer as resale isn't good. That's the thing about the limited production is that, at least it holds value better. Not so the other way around...it's sort of a balancing act. Ford knows they will sell around 6 or 7000 speciality (gt350/gt500) cars a year. They don't want them sitting on the lots for a year after production ends. This is one of the reasons we haven't heard diddly squat about the next halo stang, it would most likely kill sales of the 350

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
it'll all work out.. they'll always be more expensive options to add..

After all it was designed to be designed by you

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Was doing a bit of reading and seen that the challenger chassis will run until 2021. That's 13 years with the same chassis, talk about wearing it out. The s550 will have ran 6! Even with all the special editions of the challenger it's still just way over produced. I think this new demon is going to be made in the 3000 range for annual sales. Then they are making a wide body hellcat with some upgrades(think track), thought it won't help much. The thing is just way to heavy. It may do ok on tracks like the Daytona 500 but that's about it. I was kinda hoping the hellcat would be on a new chassis in the next year or two...but it's still got 4 more. Ouch! Can't wait that long, I can officially erase that one from my options list.
Still looking forward to GT500/cobra and GM ME news. I'm eagerly awaiting....

Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Sometimes it is okay to keep a chassis for several years and just keep improving it. It is nice to see Dodge focus on spending money on building great engines and working on their current chassis. Sometimes companies build some new chassis that are not all that great. With the Challenger, the chassis is a known and subtle improvements just make it better.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Nothing wrong with perfecting things and they have done a decent job with it. Problem is the thing is just too heavy/bulky. The companies job is to sell more cars, right? Challenger, with essentially the same car for 13 years (2021) will need special editions to keep it selling. Sure, when the hellcat engine came it helped sales, but I'm just one instance that won't buy that nameplate until it's changed up. It's crusty old news and will never be a great handling car until, POSSIBLY, the new chassis comes. Just think of what it could be with a hellcat motor, a REAL wide body with 315s on the rear and 315s up front and 3800 (max lbs) with better areo... would be 100x more appealing.

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Nothing wrong with perfecting things and they have done a decent job with it. Problem is the thing is just too heavy/bulky. The companies job is to sell more cars, right? Challenger, with essentially the same car for 13 years (2021) will need special editions to keep it selling. Sure, when the hellcat engine came it helped sales, but I'm just one instance that won't buy that nameplate until it's changed up. It's crusty old news and will never be a great handling car until, POSSIBLY, the new chassis comes. Just think of what it could be with a hellcat motor, a REAL wide body with 315s on the rear and 315s up front and 3800 (max lbs) with better areo... would be 100x more appealing.
I do agree it's time to go to a smaller platform. But from the company perspective they are selling well and its less about number of sales as it is about profit. When you have an older chassis like theirs most all R&D is done (specially since it's shared with the charger) so profit margins are probably really good on the car.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I was kinda hoping the hellcat would be on a new chassis in the next year or two...but it's still got 4 more. Ouch! Can't wait that long, I can officially erase that one from my options list.
Still looking forward to GT500/cobra and GM ME news. I'm eagerly awaiting....
Actually Jim,......you may want to stay away from the Hellcats anyways. I do LOVE the car, and I'm not slamming it here as it too was on the top 3 of my "next car list", but they have a lot of trouble/issues with superchargers. There is an issue with the supercharger bearings and the whole supercharger has to be replaced. IHI is the name of the company that makes the superchargers for the Hellcats. It's a shame too, because I really like the Hellcat cars, but it's a gamble on getting a good one. They have a poll on the Hellcat forum and the good to bad ratio isn't very good at all.
What really sucks is, this has been going on for a while now. Imagine buying a 2016 Hellcat and then going over your warranty mileage and then finding out that the supercharger is no good?!? :eyebulge: :headbonk:
This isn't slam on the Hellcat cars at all. Like I stated earlier, the Hellcat Challenger was on the top 3 of my list. Car is a beast.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I feel bad for those guys...that ain't right.
Yeah, the current platform just isn't gonna do it for me. Maybe in 4 years...

Narrowing down and a bit depressing, been hearing the ME GM may debut as a cadillac. If it doesn't have any Cadillac design elements I'll give that some serious thought but I'm sure it will and I don't like the Cadillac "look"...so that will most likely put the ME vette a year or two later :(
Sponsored