Sponsored

5ABI VTs First Mustang Build/Journal Thread. 2015 GT PP Guard Daily Driver !!!

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
*updated June 2018*

Well I wanted to make a thread where I can keep things updated as I do take a lot of pics and its always nice to keep a journal of all the progress. My first Mustang but have had 2 4th gen fbodies and I consider myself an enthusiast so Ive had various cars over the years (300zxt, M3, ctsv, VWs etc) and still have 2 c4 corvettes.

Keeping it short.. I cant leave well enough alone when it comes to my cars and I consider my style simple and clean with a nice stance. Long story short I sold my ctsv and was going to buy a fiesta st and surprisingly got a steal of a deal on this GT from my work (:ford:) and my s/o actually said ok:clap2:. Not that I would have listened if she said no :lol: it was just too good of a deal and while I like the fiesta st and focus st it was an easy no brainer to go with the GT.

Ill post up some pics of my previous before/after rides but I do have an Instagram where I started keeping general tabs on my progress.

Instagram : 5abivt
Youtube : 5abivt

Back to the Mustang. I absolutely love this car. have driven previous generations and this car is an absolute treat. I have cloth interior and recaros with track pack and the useless security package. Always been a fan of stripped down models and cloth recaros was the win for me :love:

The day I picked her up.

First mods, as this is my dd and this car will see my kids inside almost daily.. were the baby seats

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
my kids Ayron and Senna absolutely love the car:D

Pic with my friends 03 cobra vert

Only photo so far with my Nikon but don't want to take too many stock lol

Last edited:
OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Only current update was my first mods include Steeda Jacking rails, Billet oil separator from CJ parts and hood struts. Several oil changes were done and Motoman Break in as I do most of my new engines:headbang:

Wanted to give a shoutout and thanks to Paul at Need4speedMotorsports, We finally nailed down a winter setup for the car and is all ordered up. The stock PP wheels are for sale and have a buyer waiting for me to take them off. Thanks to Josh at Ridetech as I ordered up a set of the coilovers as well to get the stance ill need and want :cool:

lots of little mods and things I plan to do and Ill update as I do them.
:cheers:

Last edited:

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Are you punjabi by any chance? It's because of 5abi in your username. If you are that's cool since I don't there are many on this site but if not you still got an awesome guard mustang!

OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Are you punjabi by any chance? It's because of 5abi in your username. If you are that's cool since I don't there are many on this site but if not you still got an awesome guard mustang!
I am ! .. Busting out the Daru..:cheers: yeah definitely don't know too many other gearheads that are. And thanks ! The mods are on the way so I'll be able to do a nice job on this one I think. Really love the styling on the s550

Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
I am ! .. Busting out the Daru..:cheers: yeah definitely don't know too many other gearheads that are. And thanks ! The mods are on the way so I'll be able to do a nice job on this one I think. Really love the styling on the s550
:cheers::cheers: Daru peeka nacho karke mustang agi hun

OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
:cheers: I actually considered getting DARU PK as my plate :lol:

Last edited:

ks_s550

Saini GT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Nice to know there's other Punjabi owners on this site haha :thumbsup:
Gaddi looks beautiful though!

OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Only update I have for now .. Ridetech coilovers are being delayed 2 weeks..:frusty: got a sneak peek of my winter wheel tire combo though ! :D

OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Winter setup finally showed up :) Got them on and couldn't be happier. Rides better, sharper, smoother and quieter than the pp wheels. Cant speak for ultimate grip as its cold now and Im not pushing it off the line in hopes to keep the wear down but obviously It wouldn't be near the grip of the Pirellis in the warm weather.

It looks like a 4x4 at stock ride height.. but the ridetech coilovers are delayed and still no timetable on when they will arrive.

Loved these (ace alloys Devotion) and credit to the grey or ingot s550 that had these wheels on the car I absolutely loved the look and had to have them :ninja:

Nice and phat rears :D

cleaned off the rotors best I could and slapped on caliper paint on them. They'll be replaced by baer 2 pc when the summer wheels go on in the spring.

popped the pins and pulled the fender liner in front of the metal of the fender. as it should have been designed.

changed the oil to Castrol synthetic and slapped on the jlt black catch can in about 20 seconds. Nice looking product

Sponsored
OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Havent taken any pics with my Nikon because the car is almost too embarrassing to drive:lol: at stock height.. but I took a few cell shots from angles that wouldn't highlight the gap too much :ninja:

gave it a bit of a spray detailer while it was inside.:)

random pic not really showing the wheels... the gap...:tsk:

Still to come..

Corsa cat back sitting in the box. ordered recently and waiting arrival is the ridetech coilovers still, bmr cradle lockout, billet vertical links, subframe centering kit, 12" powered sub for the stereo for much needed lows, steeda cai/tuner combo and some other stuff im sure Im forgetting. Should keep me busy over the winter !

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Looking forward to your driving impressions with our CAI installed!
Thanks David ! Can't wait to get it installed:) I wanted to ask if there were any carbon elbows coming soon for it? I notice you have them for earlier gen cars.

Update is most parts are here now and I will try and give the car a mini makeover all in 1-2 days as intended. boxes are piling up !! Just waiting on the vertical links and bmr cradle lockout kit and everything should be a go !

Ridetech coils ! :hail:

Pulled the fronts out for a quick pic :D

Took a peek into the corsa box

:)

OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Finally got some pics to update was waiting until I was wel under way. Here goes some recent work...

Started with the corsa. I plan to pull it down in the spring and have it cut and rewelded into how I want but started the polishing now since I plan to make it visible..

T304 ftw.

I won't bore with all the steps .. 490,600,800,1000,1200,1500,2k,2500,3k ...
Just 4 or 600 here..

Still needs more polish but so far they're almost all the way there

View from few days ago before getting started ! Lots of parts and some still in the mail !

Had to drive the ZR-1 while I finished .. Thank god for this weather in December !!

Will switch to steeda vertical links .. I wanted the silver finish.

I weighed everything and took pics.. All of this stuff vs coils and new parts in at 49lbs weight loss. Pretty huge. Plus the weight loss of my 20s vs oem 19s and then the corsa vs stock on top of that.. Pretty good diet so far !!

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP