Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

combustor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2016 GT350
Does flogging it on the strip count as "doing something to it"?
12342662_658981220910596_4164174653029542742_n.jpg

ronda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
1966 Shelby GT350
Nice mod! Removing weight off the rear tires! Drive it like you stole it!

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
During the last 10 years, I've tried 3M, Xpel and one other brand I can't even remember the name of. (Durashield?) By far, Xpel was the best - thinner, no edge-lifting or discoloration, self-healing and a lifetime warranty. And drainey is right - the quality of the installer makes all the difference. Look for one that does the installations fulltime, has the computerized cutter with the program for the GT 350 and is also not afraid to hand-cut and fit the material for any custom application you have in mind. Add a strip above the windshield to whatever else you're planning; that area takes a lot of abuse. If you're going to be in and out of the trunk a lot, put a strip across the top of the rear bumper too.
the new suntek self healing film is also very good. Some prefer it over the xpel

Sponsored

65ffr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 Ram 1500, '65 FFR Cobra
Haven't you been reading everyone's posts? GT350's don't have enough low end torque to drag race!!

combustor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2016 GT350
Disclaimer: first time I've ever drag raced! So I don't know what it can "really do" nor do I know what I'm doing, but I had fun. DA around 800', rears at 30 psi (probably should have gone lower, suggestions?) First slip is one of my first runs, traction was more of a problem than I ever thought it would be so I did longer burnouts and that seemed to help. I included first slip because a lot of the other slips don't have the MPH on it or they have one from a 2000 hp monster in the other lane :headbang: Last few runs in the 8.3xx when I got the hang of things so that's the best I could do that day.
20151207_080535[1].jpg
20151207_080450[1].jpg

OP
OP

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Base? Track pack? Do we know what the mags have run in the 1/8?

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
In other forums I follow they have a thread where folks are describing what they did to their cars on a particular day. From just admiring the car in their garage after washing it to upgrades,mods,regular maintenance or an interesting/funny episode that happened with them and their cars.

So I was wondering,why not have something like that here?
Pics welcome.

Rick R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Mustang
I'll start. Today I finally went to get the car washed and detailed. They did an ok job. Then on the way home I discovered that the best way to make the exhaust crackle and pop is not to lift off the gas completely, and keep a feather of throttle instead.

It might be common knowledge but I just realized it, and it was awesome, you can get it to rumble continuously for three or four seconds.

On the way back home I noticed in the rearview mirror a blue tricked up subie that looked like it wanted to play. Obviously I wouldn't do anything stupid on a public street so I simply let him hear the sport exhaust under compression, but then after a while he pulled next to me and mashed the throttle (on wet pavement) and almost rear ended the car in front of him. How stupid is that.

Then I came home and dried up the car from the rain, deflated the tires to the right pressure (I realized they came too high from the factory), checked the oil (inside the two dots but not by much, which I found a bit surprising) and then put on the car cover that I bought as a factory accessory.

I don't want to sound like the jerk that's always complaining, but suffice to say you can do A LOT better aftermarket.

Anyhow, here's the pics before and after I put on the pajama.
IMG_20151224_142122.jpg
IMG_20151224_143304.jpg

Sponsored

macroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pkg.
Nice Rick. That's actually the first time I've seen the cover. Mine's still in its box.

This was actually yesterday, but had paint protection wrap put on.

Kinda sucks with the weather. It's like a big tease from upstairs. Almost 70 degrees in Dec. But the man is making it rain just to F with us. Can't (really) drive, can't golf...So I gotta spend the entire weekend with the family? ;)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Nice Rick. That's actually the first time I've seen the cover. Mine's still in its box.

This was actually yesterday, but had paint protection wrap put on.

Kinda sucks with the weather. It's like a big tease from upstairs. Almost 70 degrees in Dec. But the man is making it rain just to F with us. Can't (really) drive, can't golf...So I gotta spend the entire weekend with the family? ;)
Does the film diminish the gloss look of the paint? What kind of film was used? Did you DIY?

Thanks!

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The cover looks fine to me, I mainly ordered it for the branding.

macroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pkg.
Does the film diminish the gloss look of the paint? What kind of film was used? Did you DIY?

Thanks!
I had PremiumShield Elite put on there. And this was professionally done. I don't have what it takes to DIY.

As for diminishing the gloss, I don't see any impact. Of course, since it just went on, it's not exactly spotless. Given this was done during the winter, I'm told I need to wait 7-10 days for it to fully cure before I can do anything to it (wash/wax/seal/etc.).

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Does the cover allow room for the R rear spoiler ??
I'm thinking about ordering one after I get my car.
Sponsored