Sponsored

2016 Colors Brochure

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Funny! I can't remember what show I was watching but either Bentley or Rolls Royce or one of the very high end cars offers their customers something like 30+ different shades of black. Didn't think that would be even possible....
That's a hoot. I wonder at what point they start calling it gray?

My wife and I am on board with DIB but divided on Grabber. I guess it's a moot point for the foreseeable future anyway. I like all the colors but really am not considering black or silver. Gosh if they threw in the Highland Green as mentioned earlier I would be so tempted, but I'm not sure how Bullitt wheels would look on a S550.

B-52 Jetman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Johnny Cash Edition
That's a hoot. I wonder at what point they start calling it gray?

My wife and I am on board with DIB but divided on Grabber. I guess it's a moot point for the foreseeable future anyway. I like all the colors but really am not considering black or silver. Gosh if they threw in the Highland Green as mentioned earlier I would be so tempted, but I'm not sure how Bullitt wheels would look on a S550.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm not color blind but just not sure a person could really tell from one shade to the next.

jonb347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Shelby, 1993 Mod Fox, 1968 Stang
I'd love to tell you, but the swatch just looks black to me. It's not metallic like tuxedo black, so I'm at a loss. I know it's a 2015 Fusion color, so I can connect the dots why it ended up on the Mustang for 2016. Maybe someone can get a picture of a 15 black Mustang and a 15 shadow black Fusion side by side?
actually its not a 2015 Fusion color.

shadow black is replacing tuxedo black on all lines for 2016. shadow black is not metallic, so if you want a new tuxedo black car get one now!

the 2016 fusion order guide is out and it is shadow black, could be where you got confused. 2015 is still tuxedo.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
If you widen your browser page, you'll see Ruby Red at the far right.
I was worried at first when I couldn't find it, Ruby Red next to Race Red in the picture looks closer to brown or a dark wine color. I'm sure it's because of the angle the page/camera are at.

Sponsored

jimmypop13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 HHR SS
Well darn. I was really hoping for grabber blue or liquid blue

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I'm guessing they just wanted it to sound more sophisticated. Shadow Black sounds much better than just, Black. Now It's more like a name than a description.
Black Black would have been really Black.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Well darn. I was really hoping for grabber blue or liquid blue
I actually wish they took some of the Fiesta/Focus colors, those metallics and put them on the Mustang.

Not sure why those 2 cars get such unique colors and the stang doesnt

Ylow281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT/2018 Mustang GT
I actually wish they took some of the Fiesta/Focus colors, those metallics and put them on the Mustang.

Competition Orange and Triple Yellow aren't unique?:shrug:

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Competition Orange and Triple Yellow aren't unique?:shrug:
They are but I prefer metallic looking paints. I think the Focus/Fiesta colors in those two (orange/yellow) stand out more if you are comparing side by side.

Tangerine over Triple
Molten over Competition

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
I'm waiting for Camo.
Saw a 13 GT California special with white/gray camo at the track this past weekend that looked/sounded amazing. I think it should be a $2000 option like some of the Mercedes paint colors

Mattitude

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smafclub.com
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

I can't for the life of me figure out why they won't just charge $$$ to put whatever of these colors you want on whatever car you want. Especially the Mustang/Fusion colors. They are built at the same fricking plant, so why can't I get White Platinum on my Mustang...? Grrrr. :frusty:

~M

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
Got the blues from NO BLUE

No Kona Blue for 2016. ADM's already on a GT350 that doesn't have an official MSRP yet and only one additional color from the regular Mustang colors. A "different" black for 2016 production. 2015 production ends on July 31st, a Friday. 2016 production begins on August 3rd, the following Monday. That gives me the feeling that all they'll change is the VIN code. What's a guy to do? LOL!

Black isn't considered a primary color, so I guess you can have more than one "shade". After all... there are "Fifty Shades of Grey". :D

Mr. Ling, are you reading these posts????? Put more colors in the Mustang palette!!!!!

That is all...

m4a1mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '19 XC90, '13 335i
I wonder if they will let us order Guard with red leather this year. That would seal the deal for me.
Sponsored