Sponsored

Power loss from Stock exhaust

PrabhtheStig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR 2015 GT Premium Auto, 3.55, nav, premiers trim
Would i be holding back power if I have my exhaust as Longtubes, Factory resonator and a Muffler delete vs Longtubes hpipe and muffler delete
Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Catback adds no appreciable power. I have been swapping back and forth between my stock resonator and a full catback system and it feels the exact same. Dyno have confirmed this as well

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I have ARH headers X pipe stock mufflers and made 448 405 tq. I love it. Silent riding around, no drone, girl doesn't complain about noise until I step on it. Some people like it some don't. Only complaint i have is, it doesn't have that tone when crusiing around in a low gear.

JeeMaaZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have ARH headers X pipe stock mufflers and made 448 405 tq. I love it. Silent riding around, no drone, girl doesn't complain about noise until I step on it. Some people like it some don't. Only complaint i have is, it doesn't have that tone when crusiing around in a low gear.
sorry to hijack but, i have the same setup but with roush axle backs, and it is NOISY! was thinking of reinstalling the stock ones again. is it really that silent? i love the noise but i cant have it here in my country, the fine is ridiculous and they could tow you car :(. would the stock mufflers by silent in riding but explode when i floor it?

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
sorry to hijack but, i have the same setup but with roush axle backs, and it is NOISY! was thinking of reinstalling the stock ones again. is it really that silent? i love the noise but i cant have it here in my country, the fine is ridiculous and they could tow you car :(. would the stock mufflers by silent in riding but explode when i floor it?
I have SP catless headers and am currently running stock resonator to atak axel back. It was too loud for my neighbors with the xpipe/ full catback. With the help stock resonator the noise level is super quiet when driving around and loud when I get on it. Sounds stock if I'm just driving normal and that is with Ataks! I would give that a shoot if you don't mind frankensteining your exhaust.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
As others have mentioned the catback isn't really worth any real Hp/tq gains. That's the same for removing the resonator. The only real benefit to swapping out the resonator and mufflers would be to change the sound of the car.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

JeeMaaZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
As others have mentioned the catback isn't really worth any real Hp/tq gains. That's the same for removing the resonator. The only real benefit to swapping out the resonator and mufflers would be to change the sound of the car.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared
i thought taking out the resonator and installing the x-pipe saves some weight and give a few HP.

anyway ill go with stock mufflers and see the noise levels, if its too loud ill take the x-pipe out and install the resonator back on.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i thought taking out the resonator and installing the x-pipe saves some weight and give a few HP.

anyway ill go with stock mufflers and see the noise levels, if its too loud ill take the x-pipe out and install the resonator back on.
We did testing at the stock power level as well as with an intake and a tune and we saw no real gains by swapping out the resonator for an X and H pipe resonator delete. Could there be some gains for higher hp forced induction cars? Maybe but we never tested it at levels over stock or with bolt-ons.

You'll definitely save some weight but I wouldn't look at it as a power adder.

Hope that helps.

Jared

JeeMaaZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We did testing at the stock power level as well as with an intake and a tune and we saw no real gains by swapping out the resonator for an X and H pipe resonator delete. Could there be some gains for higher hp forced induction cars? Maybe but we never tested it at levels over stock or with bolt-ons.

You'll definitely save some weight but I wouldn't look at it as a power adder.

Hope that helps.

Jared
I will be adding a whipple S/C soon so ill need the x-pipe for that if im not mistaken.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X or H will work.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
my ARH headers already come with an x-pipe so ill be going with that.
Does your current ARH setup already delete the resonator or does it bolt to the factory connection just in front of the resonator?

JeeMaaZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
from what i know, x-pipe deletes the resonator, doesn't it?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I'm thinking about cutting the stock exhaust right after the resonator, and bolting up the resonator with some turn downs. My only concern is the weight of the resonator with no hangers in that area.
Sponsored