MAPerformance: Ultimate R&D Thread | Air, Fuel, & Turbo Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECM90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
MAPerformance Phase 2 R&D Thread (Intercooler, Piping, Custom Tuning, E85, Tu...

Ya I don't know how they do it, but a lot of their brand new cars are advertised 4-6k under msrp. Figured it was the price you guys were getting at other dealers by negotiating. At $5,500 under the msrp I walked in, test drove it, scratched my head, paid 20k and drove off like I stole it. Probably could drove it over to Carmax and made a profit.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
MAPerformance Phase 2 R&D Thread (Intercooler, Piping, Custom Tuning, E85, Tu...

Dude, seriously, threads get derailed everyday, get used to it. Don't be a party pooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Maps pretty quirt. Hope the stock block didn't pop trying to push its limit

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Quiet*

It's the weekend most of the tuners only post on weekdays

stormtrooper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Yeah he dont work the weekends. Only on the weekdays

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
Ya I don't know how they do it, but a lot of their brand new cars are advertised 4-6k under msrp. Figured it was the price you guys were getting at other dealers by negotiating. At $5,500 under the msrp I walked in, test drove it, scratched my head, paid 20k and drove off like I stole it. Probably could drove it over to Carmax and made a profit.
I would have drove to DC for that deal...my local dealership is charging msrp(with $500 ford rebate) and having no problem moving them, the salesman told me they were almost going to charge more than msrp due to demand.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I would have drove to DC for that deal...my local dealership is charging msrp(with $500 ford rebate) and having no problem moving them, the salesman told me they were almost going to charge more than msrp due to demand.
I have't checked the actual price, but my local dealership has a TY convertible sitting out front wtih a bit $7500 OFF sign on it. Also, the ones I've seen in the lot have been sitting there for a few months.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Wow, this thread really went off course. I appreciate the few of you that asked to keep the thread on topic. It makes it very hard for me to weed out the people asking questions about the product. Having to sort through all the non-sense really makes it hard to provide spot on customer service. Throwing reading into my list of things I have to do each day just takes it longer for me to develop product.

Adam, if I already have a JLT intake, ATP modular DP and Full Race IC, (and Accessport), do I have to buy the MAP version of all these parts--or--will my existing parts work with it?
You will ditch your intake and downpipe. You can reuse the Accessport and Intercooler. You can sell those parts to save towards the turbo kit.

Adam-you had mentioned that those that had purchased the CAI/DP for the stock setup would possibly be able to "sell" the CAI/DP back to MAP and put the money toward the price of the new kit, what happened to that offer?
As I mentioned in the thread previous, which is basically impossible to find now haha, the market for used MAP products is very high right now. If you were to send it back for us in an exchange program you would net less credit than you would selling online. We have to factor in the reconditioning of the product and make the price severely different in order to turn the used inventory over faster. People have already started selling their MAP products in order to purchase the turbo kit, and they didn't have the parts for longer than 2-3 days and got almost all their money back!

A lot of people are asking for updates and videos, I don't work on the weekends as I'm trying to spend more time with friends and family. I also have Friday's off every now and then for personal things.

The car is now producing 420hp/420tq, still on stock block and shows no signs of giving up. I'm going to be testing out some new software modifications with the tune, with the help of Cobb as we have found some limitations when it comes to boost control for big power. We made some software tweaks and have been seeing gains after gains. Will keep everyone updated, we are going to shoot for 450hp on stock block just to say we can. This tuning won't go wasted as it will be the base for our build engine packages we will be working on over the next couple of months.

This thing is a total beast on the street right now LOL!

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Wow, this thread really went off course. I appreciate the few of you that asked to keep the thread on topic. It makes it very hard for me to weed out the people asking questions about the product. Having to sort through all the non-sense really makes it hard to provide spot on customer service. Throwing reading into my list of things I have to do each day just takes it longer for me to develop product.

You will ditch your intake and downpipe. You can reuse the Accessport and Intercooler. You can sell those parts to save towards the turbo kit.

As I mentioned in the thread previous, which is basically impossible to find now haha, the market for used MAP products is very high right now. If you were to send it back for us in an exchange program you would net less credit than you would selling online. We have to factor in the reconditioning of the product and make the price severely different in order to turn the used inventory over faster. People have already started selling their MAP products in order to purchase the turbo kit, and they didn't have the parts for longer than 2-3 days and got almost all their money back!

A lot of people are asking for updates and videos, I don't work on the weekends as I'm trying to spend more time with friends and family. I also have Friday's off every now and then for personal things.

The car is now producing 420hp/420tq, still on stock block and shows no signs of giving up. I'm going to be testing out some new software modifications with the tune, with the help of Cobb as we have found some limitations when it comes to boost control for big power. We made some software tweaks and have been seeing gains after gains. Will keep everyone updated, we are going to shoot for 450hp on stock block just to say we can. This tuning won't go wasted as it will be the base for our build engine packages we will be working on over the next couple of months.

Wow 420/420 now were talking lol. When you say no sign's of giving up does that mean in making power or the motor going? Good luck with 450. I'll be drooling if you get it to that power safetly on stock block

BigCatDan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang

Have you noticed any fueling issues yet at 420/420?
What are your boost levels at that number?

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Have you noticed any fueling issues yet at 420/420?
What are your boost levels at that number?
This should answer those questions for ya! I have it come down to 11.2:1 roughly during spool then have it come up to 11.7's for the rest of the pull. Boost is at 26.5 on the 5858. I have a 6466 Ball Bearing turbo on the way, should make some power ;). Going to see what it will do on stock block then put it on our built motor.

What I mean by no signs of giving up is no knock, no fuel issue as of yet, and it makes the power back to back no problems. I took it out on the street as I mentioned before to log load data and it is pretty similar to the dyno for load. It really get's interesting through 2nd gear at full boost LOL.

Last edited:

Sup3rPat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Gaurd
Whats on your built motor? Forged pistons? Cams?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.