Not open for further replies.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
I'm confused about the choice for billet tanks. The long side curvature is nice, but is there enough material to produce a reasonable radius around the inlet/outlet joints to the tanks? Or will there be any radii at all at this location?

Do the cams use asymmetric lobes? Kinda looks like it but can't tell for sure...

Every time I see that god-awful head I want to cry. There is a TON of potential in just it.
Sponsored

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
Do we have to wait for the IC's to be finished before we can get the IC pipes? so ready to ditch this plastic tubes and put some T bolt clamped hard pipes on.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
So hold off on buying an aftermarket downpipe and CAI if we're going this route? Also, since I'm coming from big V8s and know nothing from each turbo type, could you explain which option is best or what or guide me somewhere where I can learn about it??
If you are for sure going to be doing a turbo upgrade, then definitely hold off any any intakes or downpipes. We chose the Precision 5858 as we have used them on many other cars as well and they spool decently well and make good power for their size. If you want to achieve safe, reliable power then the 5858 will be the one! If you want to read some more on the different turbo offerings check out www.precisionturbo.net

Why no ball bearing 5858?
I kind of put something together in an earlier post, however we want to do the testing with the most affordable option for people that are on a budget. We are only looking at a 400rpm quicker spool with the ball bearing 5858 vs the journal bearing.

I hope I can get the fmic and piping on before the track opens here so map and I can put up some numbers the fist time out!
Shouldn't be a problem, I can probably just get you setup with the one that is on our car at a discount if you like.

I'm confused about the choice for billet tanks. The long side curvature is nice, but is there enough material to produce a reasonable radius around the inlet/outlet joints to the tanks? Or will there be any radii at all at this location?

Do the cams use asymmetric lobes? Kinda looks like it but can't tell for sure...

Every time I see that god-awful head I want to cry. There is a TON of potential in just it.
Regarding the radius there will be a small radius here once we weld the tube in there. Obviously not as long as a radius as there is on the back side, but there will be some radius here. Once the tube is welded in we have a full porting division of our company and they will be porting the end tanks before it is welded onto the core. With the way the intercooler for these cars have to have a "back door exit" the engine side of the end tank on the outlet side is always going to have a minimum radius. We could of made the end tank thicker on the back side and allowed for more of a radius by having more material to port and shape, but with the size of our core we were limited on space. This is going to work out just fine, and the core will support up to 600hp.

I agree with the head, there is so much potential for power in porting the head. As I mentioned above we have a porting division in our company that does heads/intake manifolds/exhaust manifolds/ and our fabrication parts all day. We will be giving the head from our spare engine to our head porter and letting him go to town. Have a look at our Stage 5 EVO 8/9 head before and after flow numbers.

Regarding the camshafts, I will check them out next time I'm down in the engine build room. I have to head out to the dyno for the rest of the day to get the turbo kit tuning done. I'll post some more up close pictures for you later today and let you know what information I can come up with.

Do we have to wait for the IC's to be finished before we can get the IC pipes? so ready to ditch this plastic tubes and put some T bolt clamped hard pipes on.
Intercooler pipes are done now, I can pull the off the car later today to get some actual pictures and create a website listing. If you are interested please drop me a pm and I will give you some pricing. It would come with both hot and cold side piping to completely replace the factory units and your choice of Turbosmart Veeport (VTA) or Plumb Back (Recirc) BOV.

Just a heads up though, it will be cheaper to buy the pipes and intercooler together, rather than separately as we package deal our products!

Sponsored

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
WOW! You do some Very Nice work and have some SICK machines!

Very Nice job and Thanks a bunch for all of the pics and updates! :thumbsup:

Do you have a prediction of how much power the setup that you're tuning now will put down and also what the package price will be?

A range would be Great, just to get an idea of both. I'm just curious of the power output compared to the V8 car.

I'm just curious and I'm pretty sure that you know the answer, but what are the holes for in the inducer side of the Precision turbo for? They look Cool, but must be there for some function.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
WOW! You do some Very Nice work and have some SICK machines!

Do you have a prediction of how much power the setup that you're tuning now will put down and also what the package price will be?

A range would be Great, just to get an idea of both. I'm just curious of the power output compared to the V8 car.

I'm just curious and I'm pretty sure that you know the answer, but what are the holes for in the inducer side of the Precision turbo for? They look Cool, but must be there for some function.
Thank you for the kind words! Having the ability to make whatever we want makes a career like this fun.

I posted a page back about what we were looking to achieve with our turbo kit. You can see that post by clicking here. The overall goal is to bring HP and TQ as close as possible and have a nice broad powerband that extends to redline. 400hp/400tq is the goal!

The holes in the front of the turbo are anti-surge ports. This helps keep the turbo spooled in between gears (or in between throttle plate events) by preventing pressurized air from returning back into the turbo. When you shift your throttle plate closes and all the charged air has to go back were it came from. If the BOV isn't sufficient enough to relieve all this pressure some returns to the turbo and if the anti-surge ports are there, it deflects into the turbocharger and slows the compressor down.

mtpavelka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
X2 :thumbsup:

Do you have a prediction of how much power the setup that you're tuning now will put down
I also would like to see a prediction.
* Stock internal with your complete Phase 1 & Phase 2 kits. What is your prediction on a safe stock internal set up?
- Edit - You answered this one before I finished writing it.
The overall goal is to bring HP and TQ as close as possible and have a nice broad powerband that extends to redline. 400hp/400tq is the goal!
* And what would your prediction be for a built internal set up? Same Phase 1 & 2 parts. Obviously the tune would change and where the power number differences would come from.

Just for fun. :D I won't hold you to anything.

Last edited:

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
for me I would like to get the hard pipes, I already blew my load on 20" rims/tires cobb tuner and an intake so I can probably swing couple hundred for some pipes and then put back and buy the IC in a few months. Besides its going to be about 3-4 weeks for the first batch of IC's anyways right?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Adam, do you have any dyno sheets of the stock tune vs. your tune for stock cars, like I have? I've been meaning to ask you about this but keep forgetting. I'd be interested in knowing what kind of numbers we're looking at.

Reactions: dvn

Sponsored

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
Thank you for the kind words! Having the ability to make whatever we want makes a career like this fun.

I posted a page back about what we were looking to achieve with our turbo kit. You can see that post by clicking here. The overall goal is to bring HP and TQ as close as possible and have a nice broad powerband that extends to redline. 400hp/400tq is the goal!

The holes in the front of the turbo are anti-surge ports. This helps keep the turbo spooled in between gears (or in between throttle plate events) by preventing pressurized air from returning back into the turbo. When you shift your throttle plate closes and all the charged air has to go back were it came from. If the BOV isn't sufficient enough to relieve all this pressure some returns to the turbo and if the anti-surge ports are there, it deflects into the turbocharger and slows the compressor down.
You're Very Welcome for the words! You deserve them and Thanks for the explanation and also the link! :cheers:

They say that it's not work if you Love what you're doing! How could you not Love your job making all of that Cool stuff! You are a Lucky Man!

Thanks again! :cheers:

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Juben, I haven't had a stock EBM come through here in awhile. I'm possibly thinking about putting our car to completely stock as we jig up the turbo kit. We will see though, if I were to put a guess on it based on how everything has been performing you are looking around 290-295 and about 390-400tq. The torque is a little higher on the stock cars because of the restriction, restriction creates torque!

I will be making product listings for the intercooler pipes and the intercooler here in the next few days. I just had all the material picked up this morning for us to start cutting the end tanks for production! I will be reaching out to people today to collect payment for pre-order!

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Juben, I haven't had a stock EBM come through here in awhile. I'm possibly thinking about putting our car to completely stock as we jig up the turbo kit. We will see though, if I were to put a guess on it based on how everything has been performing you are looking around 290-295 and about 390-400tq. The torque is a little higher on the stock cars because of the restriction, restriction creates torque!

I will be making product listings for the intercooler pipes and the intercooler here in the next few days. I just had all the material picked up this morning for us to start cutting the end tanks for production! I will be reaching out to people today to collect payment for pre-order!
Yes please...:thumbsup:

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Update 3/27/2015:

Intercooler has been finalized. I will be reaching out to you guys in the next few days to take payment on pre-orders. The ETA for these to ship are going to be 2-3 weeks from today. If there are any setbacks I will update this thread, and email you personally.

Here are some quick finalized pictures of the intercooler. There will be better pictures taken in our photobooth and a product listing put together. This is still a "prototype" technically as we made a few small changes to it while doing the install. These changes will be incorporated in the production run of the end tanks!

First picture is a comparison of stock, our first prototype with sheet metal endtanks, and then the last prototype with billet end tanks.

So if you see this update, check your email, phone, facebook for information on pre-ordering!

If you would like to get in on the pre-order please email me directly at [email protected]

Pricing can be found HERE.

So just to recap from my previous post:

- Under 100° charge air temps on 5 back to back dyno pulls with 70° ambient temp, 80° starting charge air temp

- 15° drop in charge air temps on a cruising pull (similar to just driving down the highway then downshifting and going). 70° ambient temp, 70° starting charge temp

- Billet endtanks versus the competitions sheet metal. Allows for smooth intercooler contours, rigid construction, and 1 piece design

- Bolts directly into the factory location, can be used with stock or MAP charge piping. Does not require any removal of factory plastics unlike the competition

- Front bumper does not have to be removed to install

- Lifetime warranty just like every MAP product!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.