Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
Hi

Hi, my name Ron Avery I am 57 and from Oxnard California. I'm a lifelong car enthusiasts. In the past I have owned two other Mustangs. A 1986 SVO, and a 2000 GT. I have also owned many other cars throughout my life a listing for you as follows,
1 1973 Datsun 1200 ( 4 speed,first car)
2. 1974 Triumph Spitfire ( 4 speed)
3. 1974 Mazda RX-3 ( 4 speed)
4. 1976 Ford Capri 2 ( 4 speed)
5. 1980 Mazda RX-7 ( 5 speed)
6. 1983 Pontiac Trans Am (5 speed)
7. 1984 Volkswagen Scirocco ( 5 speed)
8. 1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE ( 5 speed)
9. 1986 Mustang SVO ( 5 speed)
10. 1986 Alfa Romeo GT V6 ( 5 speed)
11.1974 Alfa Romeo spider ( 5 speed, first collector car )
12. 1992 Alfa Rome 164 S ( 5 speed)
13. 1971 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV ( 5 speed, second collector car )
14. 1972 Alfa Rome Montreal (5 speed, third collector car , I guess I like Alfa's )
15. 1994 Alfa Romeo Spider ( 5 speed)
16. 1999 Mercedes SLK ( 5 speed )
17. 1984 Ferrari 308 GTS ( 5 speed,collector car )
18. 2000 Mustang GT ( 5 speed)
19. 2004 Infiniti coupe ( 6 speed )
20. 2003 Maserati coupe ( 6 speed , this one was a big mistake)
21. 2005 Lotus Elise ( 6 speed,just gave it to my daughter )
22. 2010 Mini JCW ( My DD ) ( 6 speed)
23. 2011 Lotus Evora 2+0 ( 6 speed,now for sale, I still own the cars # 23,24,25,27)
24. 2007 Aston Martin Vantage ( 6 speed )
25. 1965 Jaguar E-Type coupe ( was a 4 speed now a 5 speed,collector car )
26. 2015 Mustang GT ( on order 6 speed )
27. 2014 Ford Fiesat ST ( 6 speed,my DD now for sale )
28. 1963 Ford Falcon Sprint convertible ( I forgot this one, it is my wife's car. It is just finishing the restoration)

I've never listed all the cars out before holy crap that's a lot of cars.
The 2015 Mustang will become my DD and replace my Fiesta and Lotus Evora.
I don't want this to sound trite but I needed to cut down the amount of cars I have.
So on Monday I test drove an eco-boost Mustang and the GT and decided to order the GT at Galpin Ford.
These are The specs
GT Premium
Magnetic paint with Red line interior with Recaro leather sport seats.
Package 401 A
GT Performance package
Voice-activated navigation
I thinking if either adding the Ford racing cat back exhaust for the Magnaflow cat back exhaust.
What do you guys think between the two exhaust systems the Ford exhaust would be there sport which is better for the street. I already have the Magnaflow on the Fiesta and I'm very happy with it.
I do need to say that I was incredibly impressed with the Mustang GT with a six speed and the performance pack that I drove. I think it'll be a great addition. I will miss my Fiesta though.
Ron Avery
Sponsored

Last edited:

smidra

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP / 2011 Focus EB Titanium
Hi, my name Ron Avery I am 57 and from Oxnard California. I'm a lifelong car enthusiasts. In the past I have owned two other Mustangs. A 1986 SVO, and a 2000 GT. I have also owned many other cars throughout my life a listing for you as follows...
Wow. Just W O W. What an impressive car history. :thumbsup:

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Ron, I'm impressed.

I have the touring and find it perfect for daily driving. Not too quite, not too loud, deeper than factory. Love them.

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
Ron, I'm impressed.

I have the touring and find it perfect for daily driving. Not too quite, not too loud, deeper than factory. Love them.
Thanks for the info, the Ford Racing exhaust is about $400 more than the Magnaflow exhaust. I do have the Magnaflow on my Fiesta ST and love it.
Ron

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hi Guys (and Gals?),

I’m Larry and this is my first Mustang. I’ve been lurking and reading posts on the forum – there are lots of helpful and knowledgeable folks here… and some who appear to have a Mustang addiction :D

I just picked up my GT premium fastback, ruby red/ebony, automatic, with the enhanced security package, foundry wheels and spare tire.

I placed my order on 11/7, and it was received at the dealership on 1/10. I picked it up on the 13th. I used X-Plan pricing for the deal through Mustang Club of America.

I ordered my SW cat back exhaust with H-pipe before the holidays – the folks at Hypermotive had a good deal going for black Friday, so I grabbed it then. I’m adding Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires on Sunday and 30% 3M Color Stable tint next week.

I’m happy to be here!
Welcome! Congrats on the mustang, it looks great. I hope you enjoy the car. I look forward to seeing your build :)

Sponsored

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey everyone, just want to introduce myself. My name is Tim. I currently don't own a Mustang just yet but will be purchasing one within the next month.

Right now I'm in a built Mazdaspeed3 and it's been an amazingly fun car to have and build but I'll be trading it in soon for the irresistible looks of the new Mustang. The plan right now is to get an oxford white GT and do a couple upgrades to it like the Roush axleback, lethal performance res. delete, JLT intake and a tune. Super excited and look forward to good times to come.
Welcome to the forum. Can't wait to see your car when you get it :ford:

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hi, Have wanted a Mustang since I was 10yo, I almost bought a 69' when I was 17, but the person decided not to sell at the last minute. Then I saw the 2015 mustang and went and took a look. That was it for me. Had to have one. Drove a GT and that was it. I ordered my 2015 GT Premium (oxford white, ebony leather, auto, 401a, enhanced security pkg., 20" foundry wheels, premier trim, reverse parking asst., navigation) on Dec 13th. Received my VIN # last week with a build date of the week of Feb 2nd. Told salesman and sales manager not to install front license bracket and no dealer sticker stuck to back of car. Looking to getting behind the wheel. Have cleaned out the garage so she wont have to sit out in the elements. Will still have my SUV as my daily driver during bad weather
Welcome! Congrats on your purchase, I'm sure the wait is killing you lol Can't wait to see the car. Hope you enjoy it. :thumbsup:

tofercali

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tofer
Vehicle(s)
Black GT Redline on 20's
Hello all from southern California. Just picked this beast up last night...

Finally found one on a dealer lot with 20" wheels and redline interior.

Star Ford took my x-plan no questions asked and were amazing to work with... ask for Paul, he's a trooper. Even showed up on his day off to deliver the car. :hail:

Even in jaded SoCal, this thing turned heads allll the way into work this morning!

:ford:
20150130_085016.jpg
20150130_085103.jpg
20150130_085122.jpg

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Star Ford took my x-plan no questions asked and were amazing to work with... ask for Paul, he's a trooper. Even showed up on his day off to deliver the car. :hail:

Even in jaded SoCal, this thing turned heads allll the way into work this morning!

Welcome! Car looks great. That red interior looks sweet :headbang:

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe

Very cool, I am in So Cal as well. I just ordered my GT this week. I ordered the Red Line interior with Recaro's . The photos that I have seen on line look like the dash, center arm rest and shift boot have red stitching as well as the Recaro's. But it looks like the parking brake boot does not. Can you confirm this?
Thanks,
Ron

Sponsored

tofercali

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tofer
Vehicle(s)
Black GT Redline on 20's
Very cool, I am in So Cal as well. I just ordered my GT this week. I ordered the Red Line interior with Recaro's . The photos that I have seen on line look like the dash, center arm rest and shift boot have red stitching as well as the Recaro's. But it looks like the parking brake boot does not. Can you confirm this?
Thanks,
Ron
Hi Ron... I went out and took some pics as I wasn't sure about the stitching on the parking brake boot. As you can see, whomever it was that stitched the parking brake boot and steering wheel must have done it in a very dark room. The rest of the stitching is of excellent quality however.

Oh and yes... the stitching on the parking brake boot is indeed NOT red but that is probably a good thing as it calls less attention to the rather sloppy workmanship compared to the rest of the interior (whish is excellent!).
20150130_122452.jpg
20150130_122535.jpg
20150130_122457.jpg
20150130_122523.jpg
20150130_122431.jpg

Last edited:

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
Thanks for the photos and info. That answers my question. Love your car.
Ron

ad23tzj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Hey! I'm Adrian and currently residing in Austin, TX. I am from Singapore but moved here for work and that gave me the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get a Mustang! I instantly fell in love with the 2015 Mustang when I first laid eyes on it. I had the opportunity to drive the 2013 Mustang V6 and the Camaro. I didn't really fancy either of them but the 2015 Mustang is in another world. I'm happy to be here and can't wait to meet like minded Mustang owners! :amen:

RR STANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT PP RACE RED
Hello everyone, wanted to just introduce myself. My name is Don from San Antonio. Finally got my GT with the PP in Race Red. Selection was slim out there so I had to order it. Only took a month.
570.jpeg
580.jpeg
573.jpeg
585.jpeg
589.jpeg

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
Hello everyone, wanted to just introduce myself. My name is Don from San Antonio. Finally got my GT with the PP in Race Red. Selection was slim out there so I had to order it. Only took a month.
Wow that is a nice looking GT, I just ordered mine this week. I was told 6-8 weeks. How did you get your car so fast?
Ron
Sponsored