Sponsored

All 2015+ Mustang S550 renders / chops compilation

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
Didn't get picked?...huh - we haven't heard anything yet so hopefully we're still in contention!
Yea I dont know, his exact post was

"Here is a peek at what would have been an awesome Mustang for SEMA later this year. The folks at Ford apparently had other projects they liked a bit more. I'm partial to this one. #mustang #sema #2015mustang #ford #shouldabuiltit #car #cardesign #fordmustang #automotivedesign #cardrawing #sketch #illustration.

His profile: https://www.facebook.com/EricTscherneDesign
Sponsored

johnnyblack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197
IMG_1986.jpg

"Here is the full car. I'm bummed that Ford went another route on their SEMA cars. This wasn't a very over the top exterior or performance car but the interior was going to be amazing!"
SEMA design proposal.jpg

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Wht_Blk.jpg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Hmmm, did they start with the Car and Driver "leaked" rendering? Looks a little off.....

Sponsored

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
OK, so the shop I was working with, Group 5 Ltd. in AZ, in trying to get a 2015 Mustang for SEMA called me today. We didn't get picked either for one of the 2015 Mustang $1 cars for SEMA 2014. I know there's tons of competition for this car and only a few to hand out but damn there better be some amazing 2015 Mustang customs there or I think the shop I work with are giving up on the American OEM car makers. We've turned down a few foreign car makers each year to try and stay with the American Muscle...even had GM asking us to submit stuff 2 years in a row for a Camaro. Both years stiffed for a sunglasses company that did nothing for the brand and the cars were nothing special. Just sayin'
Thinks we're now going to go ahead and move on the foreign stuff oh well.
Anyways here's my take on a wide body design for the 2015 Mustang. I took what I thought was a more muscular approach - more flowing flares and spoilers. A cleaner more integrated GT5 race car look for the street. There was a ton of design functionality that I developed but do not want to share as I may use those ideas on something else in the future. Thought I'd post up what could've been an insane car that was well designed and thought out. We had well over 200 major sponsors on board that we've workd with a few times in the past on SEMA builds, at least 3 magazines in, and potential TV geared up, and a potential booth for it at the LA Auto Show as we've done in the past.
Enjoy

Image and designs are copyright and protected Group 5 Limited and John McBride 2014.
2015_MUSTANG_G5Rsm.jpg

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I'm gutted for you, I really am. That's a great design (love that hood!).

StangFX

We all lost out. That's one of the best renders of a hipo S550 I have seen. I sure hope they have others that are at least this good.

tlondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ford Mustang Bullitt #0083
It looks great! Any rear shots or is that a part of the design you want to keep under wraps?
Sponsored