Sponsored

50th anniversary Mustang marketing campaign has begun

OP
OP

StangFX

OK OK here's a better video that Topnotch posted in the other thread.

This is the one they should've used. I can't understand how Ford thinks people will watch these Mustang Inspires videos when they have nothing to do with anything.

OP
OP

8cyl

Now that is a pretty cool video. Altho I wish someone would do one with the actual cars morphing.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I agree, I'm certainly not inspired by these videos.........however, they mention freedom........the open road.......the journey........all Mustang stuff in marketing speak :p

Sponsored

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
This is the one they should've used. I can't understand how Ford thinks people will watch these Mustang Inspires videos when they have nothing to do with anything.

You'd be surprised how many people watch videos on Youtube that have nothing to do with anything.

Besides, the themes in those videos are being presented the way they are so people watching will associate them with the car. Marketing folks aren't doing this kind of thing by the seat of their pants. Lots of data and psychological concepts go into big budget advertising.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
.... Marketing folks aren't doing this kind of thing by the seat of their pants. Lots of data and psychological concepts go into big budget advertising.
...or some art school intern was asked to search for some YouTube videos that speak to the word 'inspire'.

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
...or some art school intern was asked to search for some YouTube videos that speak to the word 'inspire'.
Regardless of how the videos were procured, the purpose is the same: to associate certain themes and ideas with the car.

Just because they didn't make the films themselves doesn't mean the strategy is low budget or unsophisticated.

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
The point is it has nothing to do with Mustangs or even cars.

This is just another stalling tactic by Ford and one of many that they have used during this pretty uneventful and quiet countdown to the reveal. We barely got any useful spy photos besides the one in the banner and we just now got the first teaser.

The only good thing is now we know it wont be much longer.

Tempus

Threads
Reaction score
We didn't get a ton of good spy photos but I still enjoyed checking for them every day on this site.

I also watched these last videos multiple times each thinking I must have missed something.... so I guess it worked Ford :p

Sponsored

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
Sorry but I completely fail to see what these clips have to do with the 2015 or any car for that matter.
It's an example of "lifestyle advertising," which is when a company tries to sell you a way of living, as opposed to simply just the product. IMO, Ford is trying to associate the Mustang with people's lifestyles. The problem is, the videos are too much lifestyle and not enough Mustang.

OP
OP

HTownStang

If we were still waiting for April to see the car I could forgive these videos for just filling time. But with 12 days to go I expected much more. Ford needs to fire the marketing team that came up with this idea.

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
so no one is supposed to know what the next mustang is supposed to look like or anything like that. How do people propose they advertise the future unknown? If you use they existing cars you are still just appealing to the older demographic which ford is trying to get away from. once they reveal the car I do expect to see some advertising using the actual car closer to when you can purchase the car.

Fenderaddict2

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmyles.com
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang Boss 302
If we were still waiting for April to see the car I could forgive these videos for just filling time. But with 12 days to go I expected much more. Ford needs to fire the marketing team that came up with this idea.
Agreed. And hire mine.

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
Regardless of how the videos were procured, the purpose is the same: to associate certain themes and ideas with the car.

Just because they didn't make the films themselves doesn't mean the strategy is low budget or unsophisticated.
marketing directly out of the 60's,funny,but not really insired
Sponsored