Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

CNCLester

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
18 GT performance pack. Lighting blue
I bought mine at Brandon also. They, in my opinion, knew of this issue. Last time I ever buy any vehicle without driving at interstate speeds. Lesson learned. I'm wating on UPS for my one piece shaft now. After install I'll post back .
Sponsored

CtheProducer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium | 3.55 rear |
I felt that from Brandon Ford as well, like they wanted to give me the runaround and make me just go away, than work though it. I know one guy early on got his Lemon Lawed at Elder for here in Tampa.

Which once piece did you go with?

CNCLester

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
Shaftmasters. It's a direct bolt in with no adapters and a 30 day money back guarantee. So in that sense, if it doesn't work, I'm only out the return shipping and a few hours tinkering.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
damn, are there any good Ford dealerships here in FL? Doesn't seem like anyone has posted having any success anywhere in CFL at all, and there are tons of dealership options.

UGH...

markw24

markw24
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
My 2015 has been in the shop 5 times and each time they say it's ok. I haven't posted all summer. My vib starts at about 50 and carries to 80 or so. It is only felt in the wheel though. Anyway I have a file folder an inch thick with bullshit from ford about my issue. The company I work for bought a brand F150 and a brand new Transit van. Both of them ride horrible and the van has a vib ALL the time. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER NEW FORD. When the time is right............................SEE YA.

Sponsored

Lwgoudey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost
After going round and round with Ford a bbb for over a year. I got a vibration analyzer and diagnosed it myself. It indicated the rear end was the cause. So I replaced it with a ford racing iron 3.55 rear end. Problem solved!! No thanks to ford.
2C637974-DCD9-4538-8105-665DD4685027.jpeg

markw24

markw24
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
After going round and round with Ford a bbb for over a year. I got a vibration analyzer and diagnosed it myself. It indicated the rear end was the cause. So I replaced it with a ford racing iron 3.55 rear end. Problem solved!! No thanks to ford.
What did that set you back.

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I'm sure a lot of folks would appreciate a write-up on what tool you bought, how you used it to diagnose your problem, etc. Link to it from this thread if you do, or if you have already. :cheers:

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
How do you "get a vibration analyzer"?

Sponsored

CNCLester

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
Update. I installed my shaftmasters driveshaft. Still vibrates. I indexed it 6 times at the pinion end. As expected it is best when the yellow marks in shaft and flange are closest to each other. I also checked pinion angle and found a 2.7 degree difference between trans flange and pinion flange. Shimming down the trans cross member a half inch got the angle of trans flange within .6 degrees of pinion flange. I then drove about 10 miles at various speeds. Vibrates from 50 to 68 mph. Most prevalent at 60.
Here's where a positive difference occurred. The vibration stops completely if I let off throttle. It completely disapears weather coasting in neutral or vacuum braking. Returns under any throttle imput. Even speed maintaining throttle.
Only from 50 to 68 mph.
Based on all the research I've done this is indicative of the carrier bearings in the differential.
So what I'm saying is this. In my case it appears I have a good driveshaft now (one piece aluminium) and a bad differential. This explains why I could never completely balance the factory driveshaft.
I have an iron torsen diff from a pp car that had no vibration issue and it's going in next week or so.
I'll post back with the results then.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I got the one I used here. You might not think a phone app really works but it’s does.
http://vibratesoftware.com
Pretty nice. It's looking for the first order vibrations that would be associated with the turning frequencies of the tires and drive shaft. $399 though, ouch!

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10