OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
If I am working for Ford, nobody told me! Glad to help spread the word about how clean the new Mustang looks, if maybe a little ahead of their schedule.
Sponsored

toysbyus

Threads
Reaction score
It was suggested to me, by the Ford licensing people, that the new Mustang would have some "unusual" rear lighting effects.......last February, Ford was apparently still playing with the exact mix of LED animation effects.......sequential lights have to be part of the mix. I always wanted a T-Bird and/or a Cougar back in the 1960s because of those tail lamps....what a treat when Ford adapted them to the Mustang!

It was possible that the images I was shown were purposely inaccurate to be attractive BUT misleading........after all, who better to lead people away from the actual design than the originators of said design?

Steve

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
Another nice update chaz. Tho I do agree with the statement above that the car seems a bit long based on the side view. I'm not sure if it's the overhang or the wheelbase or a combination of both but I saved your render and changed the length without scaling proportionally and to me this looks more like Mustang dimensions.

I realize you've rotoscoped and 3D modeled it based partially on the spy pics but maybe some of the telescopic lens issues are at play here? :shrug: Yours is probably more accurate but I'd prefer it if it looked more like this....more like a sports coupe to me.

2015mustang16.jpg

Comparison to original:

Yelside.jpg

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fusion
I have no idea.

Let me ride, I'll probably have to show you what I mean with the rotoscope. I carefully compensate for the length of the lens. I've been staring at this car in the round now for about a month, I look at your rendering, and it looks kind of like a cartoon car to me. Granted, in comparison to your squeeze, mine looks a little long. But I think this is what it is.

Sponsored

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
I like the fluting on the tail lights. They're growing on me. Do you have a guessed length/width/height for your render?

pandas are awesome

Threads
Reaction score
Chazcron,

First off, love the renders and all. I can tell you've put a lot of work into them, coming from someone who uses CAD models as well. But I was wondering if maybe you could do one with the racing stripe option down the center of the car like the option on the current model. I would love to see a version with that on it.

Powderd Toast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
17 Platinum White GT
I added the water bottle fluting to the taillights mentioned in the focus group. I used rotoscoping of a spy pic to rescale the side mirrors, (slightly larger) and I rechecked and modified the ratio of wheel to rim, so they no longer have the donk feel to them. (they probably were more like 22s):headbonk:
mmm... canned cranberry sauce tail lamps. :confused:

WestRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3
I have no idea.

Let me ride, I'll probably have to show you what I mean with the rotoscope. I carefully compensate for the length of the lens. I've been staring at this car in the round now for about a month, I look at your rendering, and it looks kind of like a cartoon car to me. Granted, in comparison to your squeeze, mine looks a little long. But I think this is what it is.
I like the general direction of the yellow render. If there is one thing I could change, the top of front nose could be a touch sloping downward but that could potentially rob some air into the radiator . Like this one:

StangFX

Let me Ride, the one you posted looks a little stubby to me. Something in between that and Chaz's original yellow one would be about right to me. Another option would be to chop off some of the rear overhang of the original but that might be at the expense of accuracy. I trust Chazcron has looked at these dimensions/proportions in every which way by now and this is probably what it will be.

Sponsored

Dirk McGurck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan 370Z Touring with Sport
I'd be fine with how the car looks if it is actually smaller than the S197, but if it is on the same wheelbase, everything looks like it is the same size. And 1" difference in each dimension isn't actually smaller.

pandas are awesome

Threads
Reaction score
It's official. If it looks like this, and they don't mess up the pricing then a Black '15 Mustang with the black racing stripe will be sitting in my driveway soon. And yes, you can see the black on black with the current version. Subtle, but still visible.

StangFX

^Yes it is official. The real car is going to be so sexy if it looks like this. Thank you for all your updates chaz.

It just goes to show you, the more "real" the render looks the better the reaction. I'm assuming your yellow one and this black one is the same in every respect except the amount of 'polish' you gave to this one?
Sponsored