Sponsored

All 2015+ Mustang S550 renders / chops compilation

Mechanic

It's not. It is about appealing to a younger generation (like me) that maybe don't know or care as much about it looking like a Mustang I.
Sponsored

JackHoya

It's the trend right now. Camaro's next design looks to also be smaller, sleeker, more aerodynamic. This is often synonymous (or confused with) "european" or "modern" or whatever you want to call it. Just a bunch of design traits that the classic iconic muscle car never had to worry about.

KZStang

They (Ford) don't make an American icon more European just because they are selling there... they are selling there because they've determined there's enough interest in Mustangs outside the U.S. -- because it is distinctly American, not in spite of that fact. If they dilute that personality, it will make the Mustang less compelling to everyone, not just Americans. I'm sure non-American owners of Mustangs would agree with this.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
They (Ford) don't make an American icon more European just because they are selling there... they are selling there because they've determined there's enough interest in Mustangs outside the U.S. -- because it is distinctly American, not in spite of that fact. If they dilute that personality, it will make the Mustang less compelling to everyone, not just Americans. I'm sure non-American owners of Mustangs would agree with this.
Yep.........our S197s stand out over here because they look like nothing else on the road........and it's why we love 'em :)

Pandering to the Europeans will NOT be the reason S550 loses retro and takes a more mainstream look.............that will be to appeal to the American buyer that perhaps hasn't considered a Mustang. Yet.

But I still think it'll look like a Mustang. Just perhaps not quite such a pastiche as the current car is.

MustangDizzle

Threads
Reaction score
I'm getting close to being done with my rendering. I'll probably have it posted Friday.

I've planned red with bullitt wheels, white with racelines, grabber blue but I don't know which rims yet (Mach 1 style perhaps).

Any requests for color/wheel combinations?

Sponsored

raptorman

Red with bullitt wheels sounds good to me. Looking forward to seeing a new render!

JackHoya

Yep.........our S197s stand out over here because they look like nothing else on the road........and it's why we love 'em :)

Pandering to the Europeans will NOT be the reason S550 loses retro and takes a more mainstream look.............that will be to appeal to the American buyer that perhaps hasn't considered a Mustang. Yet.
You mean it has to look tres chic to appeal to the mainstream? :)

I think you're right. Most people have their minds made up already when they hear the name Mustang. Ford wants to make it more mainstream, but the enthusiasts want to keep it special and niche. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive, but there is very little room for overlap to keep both groups (mostly) happy.

I'm getting close to being done with my rendering. I'll probably have it posted Friday.

I've planned red with bullitt wheels, white with racelines, grabber blue but I don't know which rims yet (Mach 1 style perhaps).

Any requests for color/wheel combinations?
How about all of them? :) Or if you're short on time, I'd always like to see one without stripes first. I'm partial to the '13 gt500 wheels. :thumbsup:

WRC

Woohoo like seeing renders from actual users.

Deep impact blue with silver fender stripes since you're doing a rear three quarter view. I'm cool with mach 1 style wheels please. :headbang:

Sponsored

KZStang

But I still think it'll look like a Mustang. Just perhaps not quite such a pastiche as the current car is.
That's what I figured. :)

I think even Mustang enthusiasts discount the appeal of our cars overseas, thinking we need to Eurofy it in order to sell. The math just doesn't add up. If it does go for a more mainstream look, it will be to capture a bigger market (regular folks) and an increasingly younger one at that.

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
OK guys, I got my issue finally and the rendering is in it! Hopefully you guys dig it and was worth the wait. Other than my logo and the copyright at the bottom this is the rendering in the July issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords.
Looking at it I still love it but there's still a couple things I'd like to change a little. But hey it's just a concept of what I think it could be and soon we'll all see the real 2015 Mustang. Until then enjoy and feel free to throw some feedback by me and we'll go from there. Thanks!
2015_MUSTANG_CONCEPT_MO2.jpg

Prodigy

DAMN that's nice. I gotta say I was a little worried that we'd see something that was too sleek and European, but I think you NAILED it as far as a compromise between muscle and modern. Real nice job! I love how aggressive that front fascia is. :clap2:

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Thanks man - check it out again - I finally uploaded a crisp resized version. There's still some reflection work i hadn't finished on it and I'd like to play with the quarter panel a smidge more.
A couple people that have seen this picked up on it - anyone see where I was going with the front of this concept - look at the Cobra emblem...
F6ZZ-16228-B.jpg
Sponsored