Sponsored

All 2015+ Mustang S550 renders / chops compilation

Vickstang

JohnnyG can you post just a couple more teasers so we can piece it together ;)
Sponsored

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Yep no side scoops. However - I do have a provision for adding one into the existing design I completed. Maybe for the version I post here it will have a bolt-on side scoop for the more diehard retro guys. I'm of the mind that if something isn't functional - especially a scoop - it really doesn't belong on a sports car. It ads weight, drag, and let's face it - it's fake. Just my two cents. Form follows function. Being a designer who studied automotive styling and design in school I may be a little too serious or hardcore when it comes to details like this though - I don't know.
On my personal ride, my 2006 GT - there is no nor will there be any fake scoops etc. Just how I am about it. I am going with an extractor hood from tiger racing though. I also have CDC lower front brake scoops that will be plumbed with hoses to the front rotors. Functional. Side scoops LOOK really nice but if they don't work I don't like 'em. If they came from the factory on the car like a GT500 or something - I'd probably leave it since it's part of the package on a special car like that. Just my 2 cents...

GTsquid

bruce jenner.jpg

Just need the A to B section now :D

Hope you dont mind (let me know if you do), easier to visualize now. The shape of this thing looks awesome.
johnnygmachine 2015 mustang render2.jpg

WRC

I personally like the c-scoops but I also think the Fox mustangs looked more than fine without it. The side scoops on the other hand that actually come out and not functional are kinda of lame tho i agree. I feel the same way about some of the hood vents I see that are there just for looks.

JackHoya

A good looking car is a good looking car. There's very few signature features that you cant live without or that makes a car lose its identity completely and the scoop is not one of them IMO. The 3 rear tail lights to me are the closest thing even tho we got a pretty distorted form of it with the Fox.

Sponsored

pistolpete

Hah knew someone was going to try put the puzzle together. Who wants to connect the dots and sketch in the rest? :)

Krishna

Lol I dont wanna defile the man's art with my PS skillz. BTW so far I love those wheels.

Can we get a Ford rep to comment on how close this is? This is ridiculous how little info we're getting! WTF!! :frusty:

Melino

I dont know how new these renders are but here are some that I havent seen on here.

100_1384.JPG

100_1414.JPG

100_1411.JPG

I like the orange one the best. Seems like a good compromise away from the retro if we are going down that path.
2015 mustang render 6.jpg
2015 mustang render 2.jpg
2015-mustang-gt-concept.jpg

JackHoya

Well we already know the 2015 wont look anything like these. The size and proportions are way off. The orange 5.0 may be the closest although I would think the hood is still sitting too high given what we've seen in the spy photos.

KC_Drifter

Ugh not feeling these at all.... are these even 2015 renders? First one looks like a challenger.

Sponsored

NRMStand

That's actually really nice. Whoever did this actually paid attention to the design trend from Ford with the Evos/Fusion grille and slimmer headlights. I could do without the vented hood, but it's a Saleen afterall.

Good find. :thumbsup:

Boydstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium DIB
WOW!! I'd buy that in a heartbeat!! Great rendering and good find!

Burnout44

I doubt a standard Mustang would look this aggressive with the ground effects and side skirts, but I think this is the most accurate guess I've seen so far from everything that we've read. Sign me up!
Sponsored