Sponsored

All 2015+ Mustang S550 renders / chops compilation

MustangMarine

JohnnyG: great work! Show us your Mustang6G version! :hail:
Sponsored

stangray11

While we wait for the next great render from our members here, here's a few sketches and renders done a few years back by a guy named Frank Wu -- my buddy outside of Detroit knows this guy -- he was an intern at the Ford design studio in Dearborn and has worked at various design studios at GM, Chrysler, etc. One of his designs was actually made into a concept and shown at the 2011 NAIAS.

His website: http://www.frankwudesign.com/

Falcon F7 Detroit Auto Show1.jpg

FoMoCo Teaser.jpg

FoMoCo Teaser.jpg

Screen Shot 2013-06-09 at 8.21.48 AM.jpg

GT500 in Need for Speed Movie.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0026.jpg

Some of these are a little out there but he's got some interesting ideas. I can do without the backwards pony :doh: but the upper-right sketch in the 3rd pic looks promising to me, although regrettably, a tiny bit Fusion like. I like the direction it's going in though. Also the interior render.. one can dream :D
frank wu ford design internship1.jpg
frank wu ford design internship2.jpg
frank wu ford design internship3.jpg
frank wu ford design internship4.jpg
frank wu ford design internship5.jpg
frank wu ford design internship6.jpg
frank wu ford design internship7.jpg

hawkeye

The sketches look a lot more realistic than the renders. Those wheels and rims are insane. Why does everyone feel the need to put in monster truck wheels with these renders?

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Wish I had those guy's talents!

One of his designs was actually made into a concept and shown at the 2011 NAIAS.
Which concept do you know? A Ford concept?

Prodigy

No no no.. this is what happens when you get outsiders who aren't already mustang fans designing these cars. It looks like some warped futuristic car he has in his head. Removes just about all the design language that makes it look like a mustang except the 3 tail lights and the pony emblem.

Sponsored

stangray11

Wish I had those guy's talents!

Which concept do you know? A Ford concept?
I don't know for sure, but I think it was a Chrysler. This guy's CV is all over the map, he's definitely not a bleed blue Ford kind of guy.

crazyfastfreddy

arghh please noooo. let's keep it simple and keep it mustang my peepls :ford:... where's that mcbride render??? now THAT i dig... i really hope they got some talent like that up in dearborn man or ima have to reconsider my next car.

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Man I soooo badly want to post the new render. I spoke with my editor last night to make sure they're going to run the pic in the magazine and they said they are. This sucks for me too because I get instant feedback on the internet.
Anyways, I am going to do a rear view next week! That I will post up here exclusively!!! I have a lot of side work going on, family, and oh yeah my full time job. Hang in there, 'nuther rendering coming! LOL

NRMStand

Man I soooo badly want to post the new render. I spoke with my editor last night to make sure they're going to run the pic in the magazine and they said they are. This sucks for me too because I get instant feedback on the internet.
Anyways, I am going to do a rear view next week! That I will post up here exclusively!!! I have a lot of side work going on, family, and oh yeah my full time job. Hang in there, 'nuther rendering coming! LOL
Wow, this is some exciting stuff.. exclusive Mustang6G render... :headbang:

Trust me we wish you could post the new render on here first also! I'm sure it'll be worth the wait though. Any idea when the new issue is coming out?

Mach1

Awesome! Can't wait man. By the way, I saw that '88 GT render you did for their 25yr.. looks awesome. With the latest GT500 render, you can always post it on here as soon as the magazine is out? Guaranteed instant feedback/quicker than from the mag!

Sponsored

KZStang

**Rubbing palms furiously** finally something to look forward to... :clap2:
All these old renders being passed around the forums are getting REAL stale.

JohnnyGMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Yeah I will post the new GT500 Render here - maybe I'll have to even do a couple color versions too. Thanks on the 25th Anny render for MM&FF. It's actually an older one I did years ago that I just changed up a little for the magazine. I want to do something new for that if they'll let me do it.

Unchained

Yeah I will post the new GT500 Render here - maybe I'll have to even do a couple color versions too. Thanks on the 25th Anny render for MM&FF. It's actually an older one I did years ago that I just changed up a little for the magazine. I want to do something new for that if they'll let me do it.
Once the render is published they let u alter it any way u want to right? Tho i'm sure u tweaked and refined it every which way before handing it over finally. A few different colors would be cool tho.

DarkAgent10

Man u ever been asked to help shoot some designs around for future cars -- Ford or otherwise? I know some people who do this for a living but they all need to work off previous designs, models, or spy shots. U can do this freestyle it seems which is impressive. Even the s550 renders are allmost all just people tweaking the Car & Driver render, Evos concept, Fusion lookalike etc.