Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
US cars have to turn off fog lights when either turn signals or high beams are on due to U.S. law. There is no such law in Europe hence your experience.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
US cars have to turn off fog lights when either turn signals or high beams are on due to U.S. law. There is no such law in Europe hence your experience.
In my case ok, but John (France) says that his car's behaviour is the same as US mustangs.It's really strange that my italian mustang has different functionalities from french mustang.. we always thought that all EU cars have the same settings.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
In my case ok, but John (France) says that his car's behaviour is the same as US mustangs.It's really strange that my italian mustang has different functionalities from french mustang.. we always thought that all EU cars have the same settings.
Does the EU have one set of standards for vehicles, or does each country make its own rules?

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
The NHTSA has standards regarding lights and how bright they can be near turn indicators.
This must be a new law that hasn't gone into full effect yet. My 2016 WRX had the turn signals by the fogs (same distance as on Mustang) and they did not turn off when the turn signal was active.

Kind of silly to me. I am not a fan of regulation as I feel most of it leads to laziness on the drivers behalf. I mean how can the NHTSA say it's ok for a 800hp Demon that does sub 3 second zero to sixty times be safer than a fog light staying on with a turn signal? Sorry for going OT to rant lol.

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
Daytime Running Lights (DRL) for U.S. and Canadian cars with instrument cluster control under lighting:

Body Control Module (BCM):
726-16-02 x1x1 x1x1 x1xx - Enables control via IPC
726-21-01 xxxx xxxx x1xx - Enables control via IPC
726-50-01 04xx - Enables fog lights as DRL (the only choice possible on our cars)

Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC):
720-02-01 xxCx xxxx xxxx - Enables the DRL setting in the lighting menu. This is tricky. If you already have an "8" there then you change this to a "C" otherwise add 4 if you don't have the menu already

Note: DRL will only come on when you set your transmission to "Drive" if you have an auto or when you disengage your e-brake if you have a manual.

This mod does not affect the "fins" lights at all. By default the U.S. cars have the fog DRL disabled and Canadian cars enabled but without IPC control.
P1010493.JPG

Last edited:

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Daytime Running Lights (DRL) for U.S. and Canadian cars with instrument cluster control under lighting:
Body Control Module (BCM):
726-16-02 x1x1 x1x1 x1xx - Enables control via IPC
726-21-01 xxxx xxxx x1xx - Enables control via IPC
726-50-01 04xx - Enables fog lights as DRL (the only choice possible on our cars)
Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC):
720-02-01 xxCx xxxx xxxx - Enables the DRL setting in the lighting menu. This is tricky. If you already have an "8" there then you change this to a "C" otherwise figure it out in binary as to what bit to set. :)

Note: DRL will only come on when you set your transmission to "Drive" if you have an auto or if it's in gear if you have a manual.

This mod does not affect the "fins" lights at all. By default the U.S. cars have the fog DRL disabled and Canadian cars enabled but without IPC control.
Nice work!

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
This must be a new law that hasn't gone into full effect yet. My 2016 WRX had the turn signals by the fogs (same distance as on Mustang) and they did not turn off when the turn signal was active.

Kind of silly to me. I am not a fan of regulation as I feel most of it leads to laziness on the drivers behalf. I mean how can the NHTSA say it's ok for a 800hp Demon that does sub 3 second zero to sixty times be safer than a fog light staying on with a turn signal? Sorry for going OT to rant lol.
Standards aren't rules. In fact they are usually in place to avert the need for hard legal regulation.

https://lawweb.colorado.edu/profiles/pubpdfs/schlag/schlagUCLALR.pdf

by recognizing that visual interference exists and creating a standard to adhere to, automakers get to treat every model at their own (or possibly a committee's) discretion. It also means the line is broad; in this case some lights that do interfere might say on while some lights that don't will be turned off.

For instance, in cases where the blinker doubles as a DRL and changes color to indicate a turn, one automaker may design enough of an intensity difference between the DRL and turn indicator that anyone who cannot distinguish the difference in color between white and amber light will still see that the lamp is blinking while another simply shuts off the white light while the amber flashes.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Note: DRL will only come on when you set your transmission to "Drive" if you have an auto or if it's in gear if you have a manual.
I think it's when the parking brake is disengaged... otherwise you'd have the DRLs blinking during every shift.

Also, the MT-82 doesn't know it is in any gear except reverse.

Sponsored

Pablotheartist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I dont know if this has been asked in this thread, but will forscan work with this adapter? Anyone here have it? It appears to be made by the same OBD MX people, just a hard wired connection

ScanTool 425801 OBDLink SX USB: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Windows https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005ZWM0R4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_86F-ybNSPP3FB
In the cart near the bottom of the details page on that device, it shows there's no support for Ford Medium-Speed CAN (MS-CAN). At best you might get some of the tables but not all of them.

DanMc85

The Source
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD 2.0L
Here you go boys... let me know. This one was fun to figure out. I was previously restricted to low beams only and any other change would give an invalid configuration error in FORScan. Well this changes that...

Allow All Alternate DRL Options (Restrictions Removed - No Invalid Configuration Errors):

BdyCM (As-Built Modifications)

Allow All DRL Choices:
726-45-01: xxxx 7Fxx xxxx

Enabled DRL Selection:
726-50-01: XXxx

XX:

01 = Disabled / Parking Lights Only (See change below)
02 = Low Beams
04 = Front Fog Lamps
08 = Front Turn Lamps
10 = Dedicated DRL Lights (LED Light Bars/Strips) - Enables BCM DRL Outputs - C2280F Pins 36 (Right) and 40 (Left)
20 = High Beams
40 = Low Beams and Dedicated DRL Lights

Optional: Enable DRL Parking Lights:
Can be combined with other DRL options above
726-26-02: x1xx xxxx xxxx

Optional: Disable DRL Switchback w/Turn Signal:
726-26-02: xxx0 xxxx xxxx

On/Off for these is controlled from the Instrument Cluster DRL Control.

I know many of you change wiring and such to accomplish some of these which can be now changed in seconds... so enjoy!

If you feel like buying me a round: PayPal Donation
- DanMc85

I see someone copied this part into this page already to enable IPC control from the interwebs, but original source for reference: http://www.2gfusions.net/showthread.php?tid=4573&pid=85446#pid85446

Last edited:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Here you go boys... let me know. This one was fun to figure out. I was previously restricted to low beams only and any other change would give an invalid configuration error in FORScan. Well this changes that...
I wonder if some of these could help us from europe to enable some missing lights..
Sponsored