Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na

ZanarkO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Evo IX, 2000 C5, 2006 Eclipse GT, 2003 Evo 8
ok I'm confused. let's clear this up. when guys are asking about the ford performance pack tunes they are referring to the stage 1 tune which is just a filter change not an intake change. considering this, why wouldn't we be able to run the no tune required intake on a ford performance stage 1 tube meant for a stock intake with a drop in filter? to be honest this would be a good "tune/intake" combo for people who want to keep a warranty and want to have the wiggle room for future mods.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
The intake made a big difference to me, its worth the money.

Both of these are really hard plastic and thick.
I can always move the tank, so I will keep a eye on it for wear.
I am more worried about a heat transfer issue.

On my way to cruise the coast! :cheers:
After a while I ended up putting on a Mishimoto coolant reservoir and it fits great with the PMAS intake. (someone on another thread mentioned good compatibilty) and I wanted to upgrade anyway. There's probably 1/4" clearance, and the adapter bracket is no longer needed. The new tank also has a tab that fits into the stock location, which is nice.

ZanarkO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
can anyone answer my question?

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
ok I'm confused. let's clear this up. when guys are asking about the ford performance pack tunes they are referring to the stage 1 tune which is just a filter change not an intake change. considering this, why wouldn't we be able to run the no tune required intake on a ford performance stage 1 tube meant for a stock intake with a drop in filter? to be honest this would be a good "tune/intake" combo for people who want to keep a warranty and want to have the wiggle room for future mods.
You could run the no tune required PMAS with the Ford PP1.

Sponsored

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I thought that too, then I asked one of the sponsored tuners on here (wished I could remember which one). They told me it wouldn't work so I never Investigated further. Does anyone know something definitive?

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I thought that too, then I asked one of the sponsored tuners on here (wished I could remember which one). They told me it wouldn't work so I never Investigated further. Does anyone know something definitive?
Won't work with PP2 or PP3. No reason it would not work with PP1 though.

ZanarkO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I saw that too, but I think they got confused and thought you were referring to a change in the intake. personally I want a smoother ignition map and better throttle response, I think the stage 1 and pmas intake maybe the ticket for keeping the warranty considering you can just take the pmas off if you need warranty work

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I saw that too, but I think they got confused and thought you were referring to a change in the intake. personally I want a smoother ignition map and better throttle response, I think the stage 1 and pmas intake maybe the ticket for keeping the warranty considering you can just take the pmas off if you need warranty work
I'll have to keep my options open then :) Probably going to wait until after the factory warranty expires. That'll give me something to look forward to later.

I continue to be satisfied with the no-tune intake. PMAS guys, can you tell me if running a partition on top of the intake tube to block off engine heat has any detrimental effect on power output? I did that, and at the same time I opened up the front of the box a bit more.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Mine just arrived and they sent me their newly designed heat shield. It's powder coated aluminum and the front is wide open. As in, nothing there. Not quite sure what to think of it as far as heat soak goes, and of course it came with NO instruction. Anyone else get the newer heat shield sent?

Sponsored

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
Mine just arrived and they sent me their newly designed heat shield. It's powder coated aluminum and the front is wide open. As in, nothing there. Not quite sure what to think of it as far as heat soak goes, and of course it came with NO instruction. Anyone else get the newer heat shield sent?
Photos?

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Pics
PMAS.jpg
1PMAS.jpg
2PMAS.jpg
3PMAS.jpg

Silver50Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 PP Ingot Silver
Can anybody help me out with the installation of this thing? I cannot find instructions anywhere how to install and it looks like the heat shield doesn't even fit

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Can anybody help me out with the installation of this thing? I cannot find instructions anywhere how to install and it looks like the heat shield doesn't even fit
Did you get sent the new design?