Sponsored

ALL GT350/GT350R LEADS, ALLOCATIONS, DEPOSITS [READ FIRST POST]

namtellum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
Frontier Ford Santa Clara CA should be taking delivery imminently on a white with blue stripe.
Window Sticker

Sunnyvale Ford, in Sunnyvale CA should be taking delivery imminently on a Lightning blue, no stripe.
Window Sticker

I talked to both dealers two weeks ago, and neither car was sold yet. Both dealers wanted $25k over. I think Frontier Ford was more negotiable than Sunnyvale. However I know what Sunnyvale is planning to do: they have a call list. If they don't get anybody on the call list at $25k over, they plan to negotiate. I sensed if the car doesn't sell on the day they take delivery, they will reduce the ADM to move the car off the lot. If the car didn't sell on delivery day, I got the impression they will take $10k over. I say that because they made a serious effort to sell me that car for that price if the GSM would go along with it. He didn't. But that was because they car hadn't arrived yet and they hadn't called all the customers yet.
Just called Frontier, they told me they want $50k over FWIW
Sponsored

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
Just called Frontier, they told me they want $50k over FWIW
Wow, that's insane. Here's how I found mine, maybe this will work for you too. I apologize if everybody knows this and it's been repeated.

I started at shop.ford.com. I entered the specifics of 2017 Shelby GT350R. Enter your zip code, and select 100 mile search. The web site only lets you select 100 mile search, but if you modify the URL you can increase the search area. Once you have your initial results, modify the URL to increase the search area. I chose 1000 miles. I think it only goes up to 500 miles, even when you say 1000. But you'll get a lot more entries this way than the 100 mile search.

http://shop.ford.com/inventory/must...ng_F05-SHELBYGT350R&year=2017&Order=HighPrice

Then I expanded my search area to Southern California with zip code 92804, then to San Diego, then to Phoenix Arizona, then to Oregon, Washington, etc. I repeated this process until I made my own database of cars in the colors I wanted. I downloaded the window sticker from Ford's web site, and most importantly I wrote down the VIN.

Once I had the results, I concentrated on the entries that said "dealer ordered" -- as those are the one currently being manufactured and not yet delivered. This is where the VIN became real important. About half of these dealers with "dealer ordered" cars didn't realize they had one coming. So by giving them the VIN, they were able to look it up and confirm the approximate delivery date on the car and whether or not it was already sold.

Then one-by-one, I called the dealers with the cars in the color(s) I wanted and tried to negotiate price.

Ford in Fairfield claims to only charge $5k over sticker.

Anyways, good luck. This process worked for me.

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Wow, that's insane. Here's how I found mine, maybe this will work for you too. I apologize if everybody knows this and it's been repeated.

I started at shop.ford.com. I entered the specifics of 2017 Shelby GT350R. Enter your zip code, and select 100 mile search. The web site only lets you select 100 mile search, but if you modify the URL you can increase the search area. Once you have your initial results, modify the URL to increase the search area. I chose 1000 miles. I think it only goes up to 500 miles, even when you say 1000. But you'll get a lot more entries this way than the 100 mile search.

http://shop.ford.com/inventory/must...ng_F05-SHELBYGT350R&year=2017&Order=HighPrice

Then I expanded my search area to Southern California with zip code 92804, then to San Diego, then to Phoenix Arizona, then to Oregon, Washington, etc. I repeated this process until I made my own database of cars in the colors I wanted. I downloaded the window sticker from Ford's web site, and most importantly I wrote down the VIN.

Once I had the results, I concentrated on the entries that said "dealer ordered" -- as those are the one currently being manufactured and not yet delivered. This is where the VIN became real important. About half of these dealers with "dealer ordered" cars didn't realize they had one coming. So by giving them the VIN, they were able to look it up and confirm the approximate delivery date on the car and whether or not it was already sold.

Then one-by-one, I called the dealers with the cars in the color(s) I wanted and tried to negotiate price.

How much did you end up paying?

dans776

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT supercar

fairfield is 20 over.. just called them

Sponsored

PencilGeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR278, 2008 BMW M3
fairfield is 20 over.. just called them
Yeah, I was afraid of that. They quoted me $5k over, and I put down a deposit without letting the guy off the phone. But the next day after I notice my deposit hadn't been processed, I called and was told there was a mistake and the car was already sold to a Ford executive but entered in their computer wrong (as "available"). It's the same VIN they are listing for sale today, and almost sure it's the same car they just quoted you 20 over.

I wish one hand knew what the other hand was doing at these dealerships.

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
Yeah, I was afraid of that. They quoted me $5k over, and I put down a deposit without letting the guy off the phone. But the next day after I notice my deposit hadn't been processed, I called and was told there was a mistake and the car was already sold to a Ford executive but entered in their computer wrong (as "available"). It's the same VIN they are listing for sale today, and almost sure it's the same car they just quoted you 20 over.

I wish one hand knew what the other hand was doing at these dealerships.
Ohh they know what they are doing....at least most of them !
Suck you in with honey and drown you in vinegar when it comes to
putting the pen to the paper.

Av8orntn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Like many others I am looking for a GT350R so I decided to follow this thread in the hope that a reasonable deal(for me) pops up. I'm pretty much over spending my days off work randomly calling dealers so thought that I would try here.

Av8orntn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
If anyone is interested All Star Ford in Louisiana said they wanted $40k over MSRP. Robinson Brothers Ford also in Louisiana said that they wanted $110k. That's high enough to push me to Chevrolet.

You Louisiana guys must have money to burn.

Sponsored

Sloan91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Performance Pack
I work for Robinson Brothers in Baton Rouge. Please tell me who told you we are asking $110k so I can get them straight. That has never been our asking price. We are selling the vehicle for $88k upon internet or phone inquiries. Big difference between 88 and 110k....
I'm sure the same goes for All Star.

Av8orntn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Interesting. I'll try to send you a PM of the text message, if you are really interested, when I get home.

Av8orntn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Griffin Ford has one available for $19k over MSRP if anyone is interested. Shipping costs make that a little prohibitive for me.

ORGTANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pinto
Help me understand please....why is the R worth so much more than the standard? Is there that much difference in the two? A standard can be purchased under MSRP...Calling it a standard probably isn't appropriate.

havasu486

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT350 Electronics Package, Lead Foot Gray
Help me understand please....why is the R worth so much more than the standard? Is there that much difference in the two? A standard can be purchased under MSRP...Calling it a standard probably isn't appropriate.
Not only is the car differently mechanically but the production run is less. Some buyers want the mechanical, some want the exclusivity. Bottom line is the only reason ADM exists is because someone will pay it.
Sponsored