Sponsored

GT500 Mufflers with CJ Pony H Pipe - Pics and Video

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Take it to a shop with an old man. All the "fancy" shops give you a whole lot of shit. The guy I took it too has been doing exhaust for 30 year besides him telling me that the GT500 mufflers flow like shit he did a amazing job on it. He also put a flange with two bolts so I can take them off if I want. Make sure this is the sound you want as the videos aren't too close to the real deal. It's a very hollow and deep tone there's definetly some rasp with it though. It's not that much louder than stock.
Just a question.. did you delete your resonator and add an H pipe? I ask because I've found mine to be far deeper and louder than the tones you've described of exotic, rasp, hollownes, etc... I find mine to be a LOT louder than stock. Just wondering if there is a difference in our setups.
Sponsored

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Just a question.. did you delete your resonator and add an H pipe? I ask because I've found mine to be far deeper and louder than the tones you've described of exotic, rasp, hollownes, etc... I find mine to be a LOT louder than stock. Just wondering if there is a difference in our setups.
Yup Mrt H pipe. Actually I take it back it sounds pretty similar to Klement's video. Just alot deeper. Definitely ain't that loud though.

Klement1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT convertible
Yup Mrt H pipe. Actually I take it back it sounds pretty similar to Klement's video. Just alot deeper. Definitely ain't that loud though.
Morning everyone. Wasnt getting the thread updates.. :(
Remember sound is perceptive so loud/deep/etc is very opinionated. [MENTION=22265]rayan1910[/MENTION] the Stang looks AWESOME! Glad you got it done. YES the GT500 muffs arent the "highest" flowing. They are a chambered design but do give the beast the sound she deserves. I just modified mine a little more. I installed dual Dynomax race mini 24250's to add in line and remove the "rasp" which is the high frequency our restrictive H-pipe filters out but also restricts too much flow. The GT500 mufflers were perfect with top up and the hi flow H-pipe BUT with top down was too much for my little ones. The hollow pop was completely removed with the race bullets. The bass is the same but a tamer growl at idle. About the same at WOT. Keep experimenting with what your end result is to make it perfect for you. TRY hard to use headphones to listen to videos and remember the poor mics filter out a ton of the sound..

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Mustang H-Pipe3.jpg
Mustang H-Pipe2.jpg

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Morning everyone. Wasnt getting the thread updates.. :(
Remember sound is perceptive so loud/deep/etc is very opinionated. [MENTION=22265]rayan1910[/MENTION] the Stang looks AWESOME! Glad you got it done. YES the GT500 muffs arent the "highest" flowing. They are a chambered design but do give the beast the sound she deserves. I just modified mine a little more. I installed dual Dynomax race mini 24250's to add in line and remove the "rasp" which is the high frequency our restrictive H-pipe filters out but also restricts too much flow. The GT500 mufflers were perfect with top up and the hi flow H-pipe BUT with top down was too much for my little ones. The hollow pop was completely removed with the race bullets. The bass is the same but a tamer growl at idle. About the same at WOT. Keep experimenting with what your end result is to make it perfect for you. TRY hard to use headphones to listen to videos and remember the poor mics filter out a ton of the sound..

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Cheers Alvin, after hearing it outside the car today it is louder than I expected it to be. Pretty happy with the noise level as its not my DD. The bullets look great and hopefully they sound good. The more I drive the more I like the sound ESPECIALLY the pop/burble.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got around to making a small video. Have them for almost two months now and love them.
[ame]

Sponsored

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)