Sponsored

Ford dealers now selling Eibach Pro springs for €172!!!

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
The part number wasn't on my dealers part list, but ill send them the info to see what they can come up with... thx!
Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
What I find interesting is that according to the document these springs are characterized as linear. The regular aftermarket Eibach Pro kit lowering springs are progressive. So these are really a different design.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
So if I understand this correctly, linear = more sporty/harder ride and not a fan of speed-bumps etc. vs. progressive = smoother ride

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
So if I understand this correctly, linear = more sporty/harder ride and not a fan of speed-bumps etc. vs. progressive = smoother ride
They are not neccessarily harder, that depends on the spring rate. They are more constant though because the spring rate does not change with the amount of compression like a progressive spring does.

Your stock springs ase linear as well. Eibach does supply OEM branded linear lowering springs to multiple car manufacturers, so I think it's safe to assume they know what they are doing and that these springs are designed to operate with the original shocks and struts.

And besides they cost diddly squat. So if you don't like how they drive just take them out en throw'em in the trash ;)

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
They are not neccessarily harder, that depends on the spring rate. They are more constant though because the spring rate does not change with the amount of compression like a progressive spring does.

Your stock springs ase linear as well. Eibach does supply OEM branded linear lowering springs to multiple car manufacturers, so I think it's safe to assume they know what they are doing and that these springs are designed to operate with the original shocks and struts.

And besides they cost diddly squat. So if you don't like how they drive just take them out en throw'em in the trash ;)
I see, thanks for the info. The stock springs don't seem to have much issues with the overload on speed-bumps we have in Belgium as long as you take em wisely. And at times, on certain roads and road conditions they also drive quite hard & bumpy imo.

While waiting on the EB versions we get the chance to listen to opinions of the early adopters like [MENTION=21204]kapiteinlangzaam[/MENTION] :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
And at times, on certain roads and road conditions they also drive quite hard & bumpy imo.
Yeah I agree, I wasn't at all impressed with the ride quality of the EU stock suspension either. This of course also has to do with the fact that we get the stiffer Performance Pack suspension as standard over here. The non PP cars that I drove in the US were a lot more comfortable. For a non lowered car I would prefer that setup vastly over the PP setup, which has neither the beauty of a lowered stance nor the ride comfort that a non-lowered OEM stance should have. It's basically the worst compromise.

In the end I decided to toss the entire setup and replace it with a KW V3 coilover set. If I have to drive a stiff car anyway it might as well look good and corner well. There is however a factor 14 in price difference which is really rather large, sp trying out these new Ford/Eibach springs makes a lot of sense.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Yeah I agree, I wasn't at all impressed with the ride quality of the EU stock suspension either.
What I mostly don't like is that front starts bouncing on certain highway parts, it's like the car is dancing up and down. I still haven't figure out if it's the suspension or some sort of wheel hop or the fact that cylinders are in the middle.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
They are on!

Garage said they were very straightforward.

Paid €200 for the fitting (in place of €500 at Ford!) + €50 for a 4-wheel alignment.

The Eibach camber bolts I ordered didnt fit the struts (no where close apparently). So ive either messed up, or something else is amiss. However, ive been lucky as even without the bolts is aligned up to within specs :)

Heres some really quick pics, as it was getting dark. Im having 23/25mm spacers fitted tomorrow to complete the look, and then will get some better pics.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Looking good but yeah REALLY needs spacers now!

Make sure the wheels fit completely over the 23mm spacers, as the studs will protrude a bit further through the spacers than on the 25mm ones. On my stock wheels they did not fit without slight enlargement of the pockets on the inside of the wheel. Mine are the EcoBoost double 5spokes though, so it might be a different design.

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
If you say spacers one more time, I'm going to sell my Stang and by a Vette!:doh::doh::doh:

Sponsored

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
I meant it in a joking way because we all know he runs spacers. He mentions it in every thread.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I wonder how this height might look with a set of 20" wheels and also what distance clearing you have from the floor to the lowest point of the car.

For the Belgian tech control we need a minimum of 9 cm of clearance, I guess the small mud flap before the rear wheel might be an issue and also the rubber under the front of the car.

OP
OP

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
I meant it in a joking way because we all know he runs spacers. He mentions it in every thread.
:shrug:

Aimed at me?

Anyhoo.

Spacers on. Altutec 25/23mm.

They look spiffy! Still only crap phone photos, as the weather is grim and the battery on my DSLR turned out to be flat.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
no issues with the studding on the 23mm and those wheels?

25mm in the rear actually looks to be illegal here as the tyre seems to be protruding out from the fender... not to mention moving the width probably too much... I need to check those measurements one of these days when my back isn't acting up...
Sponsored