Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
OK, so this part number: HU5Z-19A387-A

As far as we know, is the single USB port, with the internal return connector for the front USB port (and might have a blue bezel with the H prefix)

vs. the GJ7Z-19A387-B or HC3Z-19A387-B which are the dual ports without the connector for the front, with only difference between the two being the GJ has white port bezels and the HC has blue.
The H is the year code

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
Anyone noticed that Android auto is NOT utilizing the car built in GPS antenna (for those that have NAV)...? ....
it should utilize the car built in GPS antenna but in my case every time i use Maps in AA it require me to switch my phone accuracy to "High Accuracy" aka GPS on. ...
it does not look like it's a "setting" somewhere...

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
My single port USB hub was shipped today. Hopefully I'll get it early next week and report in.

The single ported hub should retain use of the front USB port.

Also, since I have a physical part en route I went ahead and upgraded to v2.2 and I have three complaints.

1) the passenger temp is always on now no matter if I'm in dual mode or not. While I can still hold the AUTO button to turn dual climate mode off, it is now more difficult to tell if I'm in dual or single mode when the set temps are equal...

2) the back button does not seem to go back to a previous song when pressed twice. It will only restart the current song twice.

3) While in Auto dimming mode, and Auto Day/Night mode, the screen will not dim in the day. I don't enjoy lights in my face or peripheral vision and generally keep my dash lights as dim as possible while still functional.

I still want to compare the hash of the offical Ford release to this one.
From my experience, it doesn't work like that. The dash USB and console USB are plugged into two separate connections on the sync module. One of those ports on the module acts as a USB port while the other simply provides charging. It has nothing to do with the hub.

Now with that said, there might be something specific to 2016 mustangs that allows both ports on the module to function but again, that's independent of the hub.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
From my experience, it doesn't work like that. The dash USB and console USB are plugged into two separate connections on the sync module. One of those ports on the module acts as a USB port while the other simply provides charging. It has nothing to do with the hub.

Now with that said, there might be something specific to 2016 mustangs that allows both ports on the module to function but again, that's independent of the hub.
My 2016 USB port in the console and the one above the tray both work for phone connections or for USB music.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For clarification, the front usb question is:
When you replace the console hub with a 2 port unit, does the front lose total functionality? Or, does it retain input functionality and lose the charging function.

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
When you replace the console hub with a 2 port unit, does the front lose total functionality? Or, does it retain input functionality and lose the charging function.
from what i have read so far; the front only becomes a charging port

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP

Unfortunately they run off of a USB hub and that hub is the port in your console.

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Ok if you want applecar and you get the hub I did that has two USB ports there is no connector for the front port to plug into. See my pic in previous install post. If you don't replace the hub yes the front and console will work but you will not get apple car just AA

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok if you want applecar and you get the hub I did that has two USB ports there is no connector for the front port to plug into. See my pic in previous install post. If you don't replace the hub yes the front and console will work but you will not get apple car just AA
So, your front usb is dead, no input and no charging function?

Last edited:

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Correct I had to leave the grey USB cable from the rear hub unplugged so it is no longer connected to anything

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
OK, I was curious, so I did a little cross check, my car is a 2016, GT, Premium, Sync 3 (+ Shaker)

My module (i.e., my OEM module) in the armrest has 3 connections (first photo)

Power Connector (PC, gray, wide connector at the top) that supplies power to the bezel light and ports also see below.

A black connector (BC) that internally is a miniUSB

A gray connector (GC) that internally is a miniUSB (second photo, black connector visually mirrors this).

The GC is the connector for the front USB port (FP, under the center stack). Disconnect this, and the device loses both the data and power connection on that port.

The BC is the rear/armrest port (AP), disconnect this and the FP loses it's data connection but maintains it's power output (obviously the RP loses data as well)

The PC provides bus/hub power to both ports.
IMG_4347.jpg
IMG_8269.jpg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Can't the wires from the gray connector (not being used in the new 2-port) be spliced into the black for power/data to activate the front USB? Someone must have wire diagram to show the colors and functions of the wires for front USB vs original console USB.
Sponsored