Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
Hello, from the lovely HOT state of Florida here... Ecoboost 20k miles

I decided to join my family 4 hours away at the beach, I jump on to the turnpike... an hour in my car isn't blowing a lot of air, and it's not cool.. So I suffer the next 3 hours (Luckily it was storming). I get to my destination, and let it sit for an hour or two.. ac starts up no problem. I then let it sit for two days (Rode in another vehicle).

Que journey home... This time I had cool air, but it wasn't as cold as it usually was.. Now a week later, after doing my normal commute I've noticed that it definitely does not get cool as fast, and I've noticed that the passenger side gets cold a LOT faster. My previous mustang (2012) had a bad evaporator, and literally just one morning decided not to work, where as this seems to be intermittent, or on the cusp of dying ...

After reading a couple of threads here, I'm getting concerned. I would like to take it to the dealership, but i'm worried that I'll get the runaround. I have horrid memories of the experience I had when my 2012 (under warranty) needed the evaporator to be replaced.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Pao_Silverstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost performance package
I will go to the dealership tomorrow with the same problem. I'll let you know what they end up fixing.

mustangman101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premuim
My car 2015 gt premium 20k miles... ac was warmer on driver side at first, still cold on passenger side. Then passenger side got warm a few days ago. My car is at the dealership now as of 8am this morning

OP
OP
Fausted

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem

Pao_Silverstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang ecoboost performance package
I got my car back. He said the problem is the evaporator core. He stated that its common on the new mustang and he have done several of it already. He said the new evaporator core is an updated version.

Sponsored

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Our Ecoboost Car just had the same thing fixed. Be aware if there are fumes in your cars. Ours was starting to get one of our guys sick. It reeked of Freon in the car.

mustangman101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premuim
I got my car back. He said the problem is the evaporator core. He stated that its common on the new mustang and he have done several of it already. He said the new evaporator core is an updated version.

I really hope so, as mine is getting replaced today. Not happy about them having to take the dash out of my car though.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
OP
OP
Fausted

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
Have an appointment Thursday to drop it off, service advisor instantly agreed that it sounds like a vapor core issue (didn't sound surprised)

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit

Wonder if MY17 has the updated evap core ?

OP
OP
Fausted

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
Took it in this morning, about 10 minutes before I arrived to the dealership, both sides decided they didn't want to blow much air (perfect timing) within 30m the tech said "Yep, gonna have to replace the core" and I was back on the road in a explorer limited loaner. They had two other vehicles in queue with vapor core failures, neither were mustangs.
Sponsored