DanMc85

The Source
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium AWD 2.0L
I successfully reprogrammed the APIM to disable the seat controls on the home screen, seemed redundant to me and I never use those buttons on the home screen anyway.

I wasn't successful changing the splash screen. I tried several and all it would show is the pony with the blue background. My car is a 15 premium built 03/15 with sync 2/MFT. Has anybody been able to do this with a similar car? I did notice I also popped and APIM DTC for a configuration error.
There are a lot of differences in the codes for sync 2 verses sync 3.
There are different boot logos but they have to be installed. They come in the update package from syncmyride when you do a sync update and it installs what is necessary. Not all the same animations are there however.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Welp, did some configuring of my '16 GT Premium w/ PP today.

Codes are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-gytuV9qPfxvLLcFBIl6nt9h5MGW-NWEPc04cN-ro60/edit#gid=0

What Worked:
  • Double Honk Reminder (Engine on, No Keyfob) - this is good to disable, its been annoying me.
  • Simultaneous Fog Light & Turn Signal - works, but I elected to leave it disabled. I think the visibility of the turn signal is better with it off. If I'm using my signal, I want people to see it clearly.
  • Simultaneous High Beams & Fog Lights - Enabled
  • Russian (Keyboard-while-moving) Mode - We think setting this value make the car think its in Russian region, which allows Keyboard usage while driving, but maybe disables some other stuff.
  • Sync Startup w/ GT350R animation - pointless and fake, but sort of fun.

What Didn't Work
  • GT350 Axle (Rear Diff) Oil Temp Display - I tried a lot of combinations trying to find the magic number to a rear-diff oil temp display. Enabling one like the GT350R would have been nice, but if its possible, we don't yet know the magic. (Rear diff temps can cause some GT S550s to have issues at the track, so monitoring it would have been handy).
  • Digital Speedometer - Same thing here. There are no reported successes yet, and my fat fingered guesswork didn't get it done.
  • Enabling Track Key - this shows up as an option, but all that turning it on seemed to do was to disable Track-Apps. Nice try :ninja:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Its also worth mentioning that that bit about keeping the car on a battery-tender while you mess around with settings is no joke.

I was lucky my sister was visiting and was able to jump my car.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Welp, did some configuring of my '16 GT Premium w/ PP today.

Codes are here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-gytuV9qPfxvLLcFBIl6nt9h5MGW-NWEPc04cN-ro60/edit#gid=0

What Worked:
  • Double Honk Reminder (Engine on, No Keyfob) - this is good to disable, its been annoying me.
  • Simultaneous Fog Light & Turn Signal - works, but I elected to leave it disabled. I think the visibility of the turn signal is better with it off. If I'm using my signal, I want people to see it clearly.
  • Simultaneous High Beams & Fog Lights - Enabled
  • Russian (Keyboard-while-moving) Mode - We think setting this value make the car think its in Russian region, which allows Keyboard usage while driving, but maybe disables some other stuff.
  • Sync Startup w/ GT350R animation - pointless and fake, but sort of fun.

What Didn't Work
  • GT350 Axle (Rear Diff) Oil Temp Display - I tried a lot of combinations trying to find the magic number to a rear-diff oil temp display. Enabling one like the GT350R would have been nice, but if its possible, we don't yet know the magic. (Rear diff temps can cause some GT S550s to have issues at the track, so monitoring it would have been handy).
  • Digital Speedometer - Same thing here. There are no reported successes yet, and my fat fingered guesswork didn't get it done.
  • Enabling Track Key - this shows up as an option, but all that turning it on seemed to do was to disable Track-Apps. Nice try :ninja:
only the ones that work are in my sheet, btw :)

OP
OP
AngelDeath

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Okay I decided to go through the whole thread and put in one post all the requests still outstanding and the ones not possible and am putting a link in the first post so that we can keep track, because they are becoming scattered all over the place. I will try and keep it updated as we go along. I figured this way as things get found they will be added to the sheet Fionic is keeping track of, and the ones that fail will be added to the linked post, this way we're not looking everywhere for the requests and to see if they have been done or asked.

Requests Outstanding so far:

Last Drive Mode remembered
Transmission oil temp monitoring in the dash
Increase throttle response
Dash vacuum/boost gauge
DRL on/off option in the IPC
Collision Warning With Bake Support turned off
Disable the sensor on the door handle
Remove the 3mph or less speed limit from SYNC

Not Possible:

Remote detection
Global windows up
EU-style tail light operability
Remote start on M/T with shifter in N
Digital Speedometer
Sequential hazard lights
Fin/gills by the headlights being off during the day
Turn signal pattern
Sequential tail lights for the brakes

Confirmed Mods

Maintained by fionic Click Here

Last edited:

Sponsored

gt_stang

S550.GURU
Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550.guru
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Its also worth mentioning that that bit about keeping the car on a battery-tender while you mess around with settings is no joke.

I was lucky my sister was visiting and was able to jump my car.
Haha, same here :) Except I didn't have anybody visiting me. :) I was lucky the battery recovered overnight a bit so I was able to get my pony out of the underground garage. :eek:

Make sure you switch off lights, audio and climate when experimenting, does help a bit. :)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I guess I'm asking if any mustangs DO NOT have this enabled already
Okay I have a GT Premium, and dont have this on the screen cause its 4" below, but this would make it appear on the screen you say, but on the home screen does it replace a quadrant? I have on my home screen: Nav to the left, Audio top right, Phone bottom right. Where does this appear in the Home screen?

And yes there was a change, Ford changed that if you had the physical buttons they removed the on screen buttons. So would this mean I would get them on the screen, but what would it replace or would another quadrant appear?
My EU '15 ecoboost has cooled\heated seats button in Sync 2 even if I have the phisical button. However I hear that also the '16 EU models have these removed.
They appear in the climate quadrant on home screen.

agreed. extra points for someone who posts images of each one. like what the hell is vignale?

edit: it seems to be a euro-ford make
Yeah it's a luxury lineup of Ford cars. There are Mondeo, Kuga, S-Max and Edge Vignale.

[*]Russian (Keyboard-while-moving) Mode - We think setting this value make the car think its in Russian region, which allows Keyboard usage while driving, but maybe disables some other stuff.
Not only Russia, I also have this enabled by default (Italy). Ok I know that you all think that we drive like crazy russians :lol:

Requests Outstanding so far:
Single\Double honk when locking\unlocking the car (maybe someone in US need to disable this.. I want to enable it :) )

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, but not with the honking. That chirp sound would be nice! :)
Is that not honking but 'chirping'? I don't hear an US mustang in real, but when I was in the US all cars notified the doors locking with a honk so I thought the mustang also did this!

Sponsored

gt_stang

S550.GURU
Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550.guru
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
According to my local Ford dealer. FM frequency band can be changed within IDS. [MENTION=25893]DanMc85[/MENTION] [MENTION=25081]Agent_S550[/MENTION] can you confirm this? Chances that it can be changed to EU spec band with FORScan, too?
It's not just me who'd love to scan all available radio stations here. :)

And somehow it must be possible to make DRL configuration functional.
I managed to activate (one block) and enable (another block) DRL on/off menu in information display but simply setting 726-50-01 for DRL setup still doesn't work. :shrug:

btw: already asked here http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1459753&postcount=336

gt_stang

S550.GURU
Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550.guru
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Is that not honking but 'chirping'? I don't hear an US mustang in real, but when I was in the US all cars notified the doors locking with a honk so I thought the mustang also did this!
AFAIK confirmation sound (be it honking or chirping) is related to the alarm, not opening/closing the vehicle (which surely relates). Correct me if I am wrong, but our ponies don't have an extra sound source for this and therefore use the regular horn.
To me horn honking each time I open or close the car in the shared garage would be really annoying. :)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
AFAIK confirmation sound (be it honking or chirping) is related to the alarm, not opening/closing the vehicle (which surely relates). Correct me if I am wrong, but our ponies don't have an extra sound source for this and therefore use the regular horn.
To me horn honking each time I open or close the car in the shared garage would be really annoying. :)
Ah ok, but the regular horn for me would be ok since around here cars don't honk when opening\closing so the 'exotic' mustang can do that!

Your US spec does not honk when locking\unlocking? I thought all US cars do that :shrug:

gt_stang

S550.GURU
Threads
Reaction score
Website
s550.guru
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Ah ok, but the regular horn for me would be ok since around here cars don't honk when opening\closing so the 'exotic' mustang can do that!
Yeah, you Italian Stallions like it loud ;)

Your US spec does not honk when locking\unlocking? I thought all US cars do that :shrug:
It's disabled, but I will check enabling it in the afternoon.