Sponsored

Front Tribar LED with Sequential Turn MOD! (new thread)

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
DD updated their new tribars page to 6-8 weeks until shipping. My order will also still take a few weeks until it's shipped.

So hopefully everything will be in time so I can wire everything in september, because the guy who's helping me will be out of country for a while then :ninja:
Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
DD updated their new tribars page to 6-8 weeks until shipping. My order will also still take a few weeks until it's shipped.

So hopefully everything will be in time so I can wire everything in september, because the guy who's helping me will be out of country for a while then :ninja:
Oh well, 6-8 weeks it's indeed a long delay ... Hope for you that you get everything in time :thumbsup:

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I said time ago "are you sure this will works in EU version, connecting to DRL? I remember this should have some strange voltage similar to PWM.." :)
Ok the main issue found out by Ace is about turning lights, but it could be also with drl.
Maybe using some EU customers as beta tester would give better results.

Meanwhile, competitors products seem not to have this issue :thumbsup: (or they are only lucky!)

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I said time ago "are you sure this will works in EU version, connecting to DRL? I remember this should have some strange voltage similar to PWM.." :)
Ok the main issue found out by Ace is about turning lights, but it could be also with drl.
Maybe using some EU customers as beta tester would give better results.

Meanwhile, competitors products seem not to have this issue :thumbsup: (or they are only lucky!)
That's what I said before, you should move to the US (with your EU car) and you'll be the EU tester/consultant of all the nice products for us :cheers: :first:

vieirinha33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
André
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Race Red
That's what I said before, you should move to the US (with your EU car) and you'll be the EU tester/consultant of all the nice products for us :cheers: :first:
+1 ! xD ahah as I already said... apply to diode dynamics :headbang: :thumbsup:

Sponsored

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
If I move to US, first thing I would do will be get a US model!!!! :D
5.0 of course..

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
This what DD replied to me to my question if the PWM Problem with EU Mustang is fixed with the new Driver:
"The LED switchback boards are going to come with an updated EU driver that will allow for a issue free install on the EU model mustangs. We did see an issue with out previous driver due to the electrical system being slightly different and this is the reason the new driver were designed!"

So if they work as intended, issue free, I will use their outgoing Signal for my switchbacks.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I move to US, first thing I would do will be get a US model!!!! :D
5.0 of course..
So you can sell your EU Mustang to Diode Dynamics and with the money, you can buy your own US GT Mustang.

Sounds to be a nice deal isn't it ? :D

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This what DD replied to me to my question if the PWM Problem with EU Mustang is fixed with the new Driver:
"The LED switchback boards are going to come with an updated EU driver that will allow for a issue free install on the EU model mustangs. We did see an issue with out previous driver due to the electrical system being slightly different and this is the reason the new driver were designed!"

So if they work as intended, issue free, I will use their outgoing Signal for my switchbacks.
Good information, but at least you need to buy a new turn signal socket to have something "OEM" on the car.

Or, other choice, cut the connector from the switchbacks and splice them to the wires of the new Drivers.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Good information, but at least you need to buy a new turn signal socket to have something "OEM" on the car.

Or, other choice, cut the connector from the switchbacks and splice them to the wires of the new Drivers.
The last one was exactly my plan. The Switchbacks will use the wires of the new DD Drivers (the Signal that goes from the Driver to the tribar turning lights), so there shouldn't be a problem with the PWM anymore. :D

But thanks to the great People in Mustang communities I also will get a little module that should flat out the pwm Signal for the turning lights. So I will try that first

Sponsored
OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mmm.... to me the non-US blink speed seems too fast, and then the bars stays lit for a long time. Mine is more progressive.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mmm.... to me the non-US blink speed seems too fast, and then the bars stays lit for a long time. Mine is more progressive.
That was my exact same tought when I saw the video...

They should make the EU a bit slower and that the 3 bars doesn't stay illuminated for that time like the video...

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Just for comparison:

DD EU solution (at 1:18)
[ame]

Existing (competitor) solution:
[ame]

Perhaps I am biased but I prefer my solution. That strange flashing seems really bad :shrug:

Edit: US flashing seems more similar to mine.. can't understand why they set EU blinking so strangely!
Oh and to be clear: my seq turning stays on exactly for the same amount of time of the stock turning light, but the flashing is distributed evenly among bars :)
Video at the beginning of this thread shows it:

[ame]