Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Any better luck with the tranny temps?
Na, it's entirely consistent and predictable. 280 degrees in 5-6 laps. You are helpless to the dark side.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mattlqx

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I got out ye olde Shure mic and took a good baseline sound clip stock for comparison with a cat removed clip later on. Enjoy.

[ame]

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
That mic does a good job capturing the true sound of this car.

Sponsored

84venom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 2016 GT350 TP DIB w/White Stripes
great sound, nice quality!

OP
OP
mattlqx

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Pipes are installed. It's ridiculous how loud the car is at WOT. It's so loud that the video stopped recording from clipping so bad when I went to do a valve-open rev to 3k. I didn't realize it until I went to upload it unfortunately. I'll get a more complete video another day.

[ame]

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Pipes are installed. It's ridiculous how loud the car is at WOT. It's so loud that the video stopped recording from clipping so bad when I went to do a valve-open rev to 3k. I didn't realize it until I went to upload it unfortunately. I'll get a more complete video another day.

Is that with the valves closed ?

OP
OP
mattlqx

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Valves toggled at 0:15

My bad i was just referring to your comment as i can't listen to your video right now.
So basically you would piss off some neighbours coming back late at night.

Sponsored

CSL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350
This will be a great test to see the impact of cats on tranny temps. When are you headed to the track again? Oh, sounds pretty badass too!

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I had been meaning to post this in the thread about tranny coolers and hadn't had time to look for it in my stack of magazines, luckily I found the article online. Scroll down to read where he switched to Miller's oils and dropped 30 degrees on the temps.. It could be some $ coming into play but then again it might help. Obviously the cooler would be ideal but this might not hurt.

http://www.racersedge-inc.com/racersedge/rehome.nsf/GRMArticle.pdf

Also on the oil change, on street bikes I've owned I always wrapped the headers in aluminum foil. This kept oil from getting all over everything when changing, this might help. Also have a special wrench I got from good old autozone that works like a champ and doesn't maul the filters.

OP
OP
mattlqx

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
This will be a great test to see the impact of cats on tranny temps. When are you headed to the track again? Oh, sounds pretty badass too!
3/5 at Wild Horse Pass (no sound limits) where they'll also be doing the Track Tour a few weeks after.

OP
OP
mattlqx

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Well, it happened! I traded my MY16 GT350 for a MY17 GT350. I was amazingly close to trying to guess my chassis number. I figured around 0275.. turns out, my new GT350 in Grabber Blue is H0288!

Before anybody asks since it's a hot button issue for a lot of people, the dealer originally offered $52,000 for trade and wouldn't budge. I took a few days and shopped around a bit and test drove a lovely Audi TT-S in Suzuka Grey. That dealer ended up offering $54,000 which was actually a buy bid from another Ford dealer next door. Long story short, my dealer ended up going up to $54k which is actually pretty stellar considering the tax savings in Arizona. I ended up with my new GT350 at sticker for $60,345 paying only another $539.33 in sales tax. I'm a happy customer.

Now, the differences between the MY16 and MY17. The stereo, a source of let down for Tech pack owners, I can say is definitively better. It's still not great or going to blow your socks off, but the lows have very much improved. It's enough to make me happy and not itch to have it replaced with aftermarket components. That said, I have a pretty healthy tolerance for sound quality. YMMV.

The other great thing between Tech and now Electronics/Convenience packages is Apple CarPlay/Android Auto integrations. The actual quality of those features themselves is now largely up to Apple and Google, but the fact that its there at all is gratifying. I played with CarPlay a little on the way home and listened to some music, sent a text message. It's rather basic but it's fairly fluid (with iPhone 6S anyway) and responsive. I know from other friends that have aftermarket units with CarPlay that it can be buggy and crash often so I'll be cautiously optimistic on this front. I'm happy that Sync 3 can do more finally after nearly a year of v1.0 release. I hope they get the v2.0 update out to MY16 folks as soon as possible!

I did get an odd bit of factory mismatch. The driver's side door kick plate is... wait for it, from a base V6 Mustang. Dealer is ordering the right one, NBD.

The soft rollover is indeed an improvement and my elbow will thank Ford for it. It's not crazy soft, but there is a fair amount of give. It's the same stuff that the upper dash is made of.

I was hoping that there would be actual memory presets for the seats, but alas, that glimmer of hope from the configurator was not to be. Same seats with lever in the back is the "memory" function. Can't have too much luxury now.

I'm so so so happy to finally have a Grabber Blue Mustang. Seriously, wanted one for at least 5 years since the latest release with the S197 refresh. As much as I grew to like, maybe even love, Deep Impact Blue, I won't miss it at all now that I have my true soulmate color.

Adios, G1343. It's been a good six months.

Thank you Ford for offering the car I wanted to order the first time.

Timeline:
4/12 - Ordered
5/6 - Scheduled
6/14 - Produced
6/20 - Released
7/3 - Shipped
7/15 - Received
7/18 - Delivered
IMG_2196.jpg
IMG_2198.jpg
IMG_2195.jpg

Last edited:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Awesome and congrats! Now you have a true (track pack equipped) GT350 that can withstand your track use. :thumbsup:
Sponsored