Sponsored

New DiodeDynamics side markers

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Looks great.

I wouldn't have thought of going for white myself, but looking at it, it really works well - probably the best combo on the export (white tails) blue.

To give yourself plenty of room, you need to back it up so it hangs over the edge of a wall - carefully!!!

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
So Diode Dynamics reads this thread and thanking users, but not commenting on our complaints about "plug'n'play" harnesses not being plug'n'play?

Sponsored

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Black sidemarkers on black cars are very cool even during the day. The led 'line' is so good!
Although my drivers side 'line' is actually a bit wonky! By no means horrendous, but once you've noticed it on the car, it draws the eye every time.

IMG_0573.JPG

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Ouch, that would annoy the hell out of me!

DD should send you a replacement unit.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Although my drivers side 'line' is actually a bit wonky! By no means horrendous, but once you've noticed it on the car, it draws the eye every time.

IMG_0573.JPG

[MENTION=13759]Monty[/MENTION],

Please send an email to [email protected] with pictures of both sides and our customer service team will make sure you are taken care of.

Thank you,
Nick C.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Warrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wim
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang ecoboost
mine are on their way hope to have them next week. nice Diode Dynamics reacts on this, hope they can fix it for you

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Installed mine too!
LED sidemarkers are really cool, even if probably they are too bright at night. I was checking other cars and no one has illuminated sidemarkers.. mmm..

However, I need to complain with [MENTION=9987]Diode Dynamics[/MENTION] for the sh*tty quick splice connectors!! Guys, have you tried these before sending us?? I can't remember to have seen such a poor quality in a long time. The internal blades don't peel the wire properly, and the spade connector is very loose when inserted.

At first I had to re-open these stupid connectors because of faulty contacts, then I had to cover with electrical tape all this 'system' to avoid the wires falling down.

Yes, the sidemarkers work very well, they are great, but.. you always refers to quality, quality controls, quality materials.. Well I can say that the connectors you put in this are NOT quality at all. In the next few days I will remove again the license plate light to fix it in some other way.

Hopefully mine have a straight lines:

Removing light, very easy

Very poor quick splice connectors

I haven't a picture of those covered with electrical tape because I was a bit upset!

Job done

However I'm a bit worried about night brightness.. maybe too much

I'm wondering if I could use a potentiometer to lower the voltage and have them a dim a bit..

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Did you know that the US taillights are a lot brighter than the EU ones as well? According to caniggia they draw about 3x more power. Perhaps the side markers were designed to match that level of brightness?
Sponsored