Sponsored

Nathan's Silver GT

jhann76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Hey man. Just found your build thread. Looks like we have very similar taste in mods for these cars. Also see that you're here in the Valley. Do you know of any clubs or groups around here?

BTW, I love what you did with that grille and the howler badge. I may have to get in on something like that. I think I'd like to do one of those badges for the rear deck lid too.

OP
OP
Nathanbrummer@SCS

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
Hey man. Just found your build thread. Looks like we have very similar taste in mods for these cars. Also see that you're here in the Valley. Do you know of any clubs or groups around here?

BTW, I love what you did with that grille and the howler badge. I may have to get in on something like that. I think I'd like to do one of those badges for the rear deck lid too.
Thanks man. Honestly I'm more active here and on instagram than in real life. Lol.
I did recently reach out to some of the Modded Stags of Arizona guys to hang out at some of their meets. Haven't heard of any upcoming though. Everyone has been crunching the last few weeks for Fab Fords.

If you decide to do a custom grille let me know. I've helped a couple local guys.

jhann76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I'd love to do a custom grille. What all is required to do it? I know I'd need a grille to cut and the mesh backing, but I have no idea how to actually make it a finished product or if I have the tools necessary to do it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nathanbrummer@SCS

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
While I had my front bumper off for the fascia install I figured it was a perfect time to crack open the headlights and paint that chrome. While I was doing that, I also installed the Diode Dynamics DRL led boards.

Let me first start off by saying that this mod is a pain in the ass. It sucks! No getting around it. That being said it looks bad ass, so you'll have to weight the pros and cons for yourself.

I've done some headlights on other cars and these were by far the most difficult. The permaseal glue used on our lights is bullshit. It does not heat like the glue manufactures used to use. It took multiple heat cycles in the oven. But after some choice words and a little patience it finally came open. Here is a step by step of what I did.

First, I recommend you watch this video. It was actually the most helpful. I followed the same steps.

Baking

I heated my lights at 250 degrees for 15 minutes. I took them out and ran a flat scraper around the seal to start breaking the glue away from the housing. After a minute or so it was time to go back into the over for another 10 minutes. You then just repeat the steps until you get all the way around the light. You can then get the scraper or a small screw driver in between the lens and housing. Once you get all the way around you can pull the lens off. I was so focused on this that I did not take any photos, and if I shot a video, it would have been so littered with profanities that it wouldn't have been usable.

Finally Open

Here is what the housing looks like once you finally get the lens off. The area to be painted is held to the lens with four small philips screws.

Paint Prep

I taped off everything that wasn’t chrome. I thoroughly cleaning all the surfaces, then went to town with some black plastic spray paint.

Painted

Final Product.

Installing the DD DRLs
Diode Dynamics video is pretty good. I Watched it a few times. Here’s a link.

DRL Boards

This is a photo of the stock vs. diode led panels. I followed Diodes instructions and used a dremel and 5 minute epoxy.

Diode Panels installed.

Painted Panels installed back in the housing,

From this point you just seal them back up. I removed as much of the permaseal as I could I then took a head gun and heated the the remaining permaseal and used a bunch of black silicone. Again, here is another video that I used. I followed the same steps.

Reinstall

Put your bumper back on and wire them up.

Wiring
Follow diodes directions. They’re super easy to follow.

I hope this helps. I hadn't planned on doing this, otherwise I would have taken more photos. I had trouble finding this info in one location so I figured it would help to at least have all the links in one post.

Last edited:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Nathan - kudos to you for tackling those lights. There is no way in HELL I would ever do that, EVER.

They look soooooooo good, too.

Night work man!!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nathanbrummer@SCS

Nathanbrummer@SCS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver GT
Here's some photos of my Fascia install.

Removing the stock bumper

Steeda Prepped and Ready for install

Fog Light Fit

PP Belly Fan Fit

Modified Brackets

The install was pretty straight forward. I did encounter some issues with the fog lights. It fits like dog shit out of the box. There is a good deal of work to be done to get everything to fit correctly. The back tab was preventing the the light from sliding all the way forward. After a bunch of filing and test fitting all was right. The other issue was mounting the PP belly pan. The brackets didn't work with the bends that were provided. I simply flatted them and
they lined up with the holes. More final installed photos coming soon. That pig was dirty and needed a bath first.

Last edited:

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
We're not worthy....we're not worthy!