Sponsored

New DiodeDynamics side markers

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
nic, what about sending parts out instead of sending an email?
i ordered over a month ag, then was told 15 april, then !8th

We discovered that the cost of components for the harness was lower than expected, so rather than absorb the savings we passed them along to our customers via $10 refund.

I apologize for any confusion, but we will be sending out an email with more information and details shortly.

Nick C.
Sponsored

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
We discovered that the cost of components for the harness was lower than expected, so rather than absorb the savings we passed them along to our customers via $10 refund.

I apologize for any confusion, but we will be sending out an email with more information and details shortly.

Nick C.

Hi Nick - Thanks for the tenner. Have the items been sent out by the way?

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Hi Nick - Thanks for the tenner. Have the items been sent out by the way?
They put the finishing touches on the installation guide and it should be going out here shortly.

Thanks!
Nick C.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Yeah mirrored thanks for the ten books refund, just ship my order ASAP please. :)

Sponsored

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks NicoMCH for sharing, do you have a better picture of the cables and can you share the installation guide ?

+1

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Mine arrived at stackry, now I'm waiting for the big tube (mmr) and then... ship!!

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
Thanks NicoMCH for sharing, do you have a better picture of the cables and can you share the installation guide ?

Here you go:

So the violet parts go into the 2 T-Taps that you have to put on the cable from the licence plate's light. The 2 black ones go to the side markers. The cable is a standard audio speaker cable on which they added the 2 ends, seems well build.

In the installation guide they make it sound pretty easy to unclip one of the licence plate light housings. Has someone tried that before? I kinda do not see how we can do that easily.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mmmm.. looking at those instructions, something doesn't match with DD statement in reply to YLA G on 23\03\2016:

Thank you for following up on the EU harness. This harness is going to be completely plug and play! One end will connect into the taillight socket and the other will plug into the side maker. We wanted to make it a very straight forward installation for our customers.
Don't seems to me neither "completely plug'n'play", nor "connecting into the taillight socket". Instead, we have to install a quick connect harness that make a small cut on licence plate light wires.
Now I understand why that they save 10 bucks on harness!! It's only the connector on side markers, a piece of speaker wires and the quick connect harness (price 1 buck for A TON).

I'm a bit disappointed. I waited for the EU version just for the additional plug'n'play connector.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
When I was wrestling with my US taillights I needed the licence plate power wire as well and tried taking out the licence plate light units but did not succeed. Ended up taking the licence plate power from the main wiring harness in the trunk that comes in on the right side by the rear seat, before it starts splitting up to the tail lights and the subwoofer. Don't recall the exact color but I think I wrote it in Papinist's taillight sticky.

**EDIT** Apparently | didn't but I looked up my notes and it should be the purple with white stripe in the main harness. Beware that some of the wires change color after crossing a splitting point. The main harness splits off into different branches for the sub, right taillight and left taillight, and the licence plate and fog light wires split off further down the line from the left taillight harness.

Last edited:

NicoMCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EU GT 2015
I can agree, it's not a plug & play solution...
But with that, you can connect the wires everywhere you want (licence plate or tail light).
I wrote DD an email as well to know how they get the light housing from the licence plate unclipped. They say "unclip" the light housing, so it should be easy :headbonk: or maybe Nick can give indications here :clap2::

They put the finishing touches on the installation guide and it should be going out here shortly.

Thanks!
Nick C.

I found John's tutorial in the french forum, I will try to follow that if I cannot get a better explanation from DD concerning "the unclipping the light housing" part

Last edited:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
I can agree, it's not a plug & play solution...
But with that, you can connect the wires everywhere you want (licence plate or tail light).
Right, but it's a solution I can found myself - as you did when installing yours. Plug'n'play harness for taillight connector would be a very clean method.

When they refund us 10$ I would prefer if they said "guys we thought to give you plug'n'play solution but we can't find the connectors so we give you quick splice connectors and refund 10 dollars".
More, they refund us that money without explanation.. if no one asking here on the forum.
:confused:

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Mine arrived today. A bit disappointed that it's not plug and play. I'm never overly keen on the taps. The paper instructions are not great, but I'm assuming there's a video somewhere showing how to remove the plate bulb holders. Removal isn't obvious and they look really easy to damage. Got some 3M cable ties to stick onto the inside of the bumper so the wires don't flap around. Will connect up when it finally stops raining!

dd.JPG

IMG_0550.JPG
Sponsored