Problems found on Australian Mustangs

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
Need to check this again, but as I recall... The alignment in that particular area can't be corrected with just adjusting the decklid. Because the decklid is attached (clipped) to 2 points and screwed onto the boot. So it's probably the actual boot that's misaligned.

The deck just covers the metal on the boot.

@andman Someone was saying (I think it was @Gnome), that the cause of the passenger door issue with the window is actually the rubber seal at the top.

Could be the case since my passenger door always opens smooth (vibration free) with the window down. But shakes a bit if it's up.

Drivers side fine both cases up or down.
My passenger side window grabs on the window rubber pretty badly, the dealer reckons it is a problem with the door rubber and has one on order. I cant see any difference between drivers and passengers side, but will see when it arrives and is fitted if it fixes it. It gets commented on every time someone gets in the passenger side.

I saw one car where the boot lid gaps were even on top but the gaps between the deck lid and lights were really uneven. A closer look and you could see that the tail lights were the problem not the boot lid, have a look if the gaps between the body and boot are even and then check the tail light to body fit.
Sponsored

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Pony Light
Well I took my car in for the service this morning and told the service dept about the drivers side pony light
They knew all about the problem (the lens apparently) and had already ordered a bulk replacement lot from the US and would call me in a couple of weeks when the new shipment had arrived.
He confirmed that the problem seemed to be predominantly with the drivers door, but not always and the cause was still largely unidentified
Happy Days !

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
Pony Light
Well I took my car in for the service this morning and told the service dept about the drivers side pony light
They knew all about the problem (the lens apparently) and had already ordered a bulk replacement lot from the US and would call me in a couple of weeks when the new shipment had arrived.
He confirmed that the problem seemed to be predominantly with the drivers door, but not always and the cause was still largely unidentified
Happy Days !
My neighbour's Mustang has this problem and is getting it replaced. But I wonder if the replacement parts are going to be any better if they are the same design. Isn't it just going to keep happening?

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
I got the distinct impression the new part was going to be a permanent fix

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I got the distinct impression the new part was going to be a permanent fix
You'd hope so. Could get pretty damn expensive for Ford if it isn't.

Sponsored

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
You'd hope so. Could get pretty damn expensive for Ford if it isn't.
With the level of disorganization we've seen, I'm not so certain. This has been happening for some time in the USA and a car delivered only a couple of months ago still has the same problem (granted it was sitting for 3 months in Baltimore). Perhaps we're meant to turn up every two months for new lenses until we get so sick of doing so that we just say, stuff it, take out the stupid pony lenses. They might think that's cheaper than giving us a long-term solution :frusty:.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
With the level of disorganization we've seen, I'm not so certain. This has been happening for some time in the USA and a car delivered only a couple of months ago still has the same problem (granted it was sitting for 3 months in Baltimore). Perhaps we're meant to turn up every two months for new lenses until we get so sick of doing so that we just say, stuff it, take out the stupid pony lenses. They might think that's cheaper than giving us a long-term solution :frusty:.
This is the bit where if you find it happening continually, you get your Ford dealer to kee them in stock for you (and everybody else).
Eventually, you'll wear them down.
It's a game.
The best part of the game is that Australian warranty is on your side.
At the completion of X kilometres/years, they get to wash their hands of your VEHICLE in full, but that's when you walk in and buy a set of puddle lamps, which, need to last X time period.
The best part of that game is that every subsequent set need to last that period. Eg. Until they can supply you with a set that actually last (12 months), they will be continually supplying freebies...
To the best of my knowledge, that is the law of the land....
This could be fun!

Mustang-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lahiru
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Found out from my dealer today that I wont get to test drive a GT before my one arrives. When placing my order last year I was advised that they were planning on receiving one in Dec/Jan that customers with deposits could test drive. It probably won't change my decision, but it would have been nice to go for a short spin in one to get a feel of what I'm buying. :tsk:

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
Found out from my dealer today that I wont get to test drive a GT before my one arrives. When placing my order last year I was advised that they were planning on receiving one in Dec/Jan that customers with deposits could test drive. It probably won't change my decision, but it would have been nice to go for a short spin in one to get a feel of what I'm buying. :tsk:
In the same boat and heard the same story. You could hire one for a day if you have the $ to spend. Shame you don't live near me I would go you halves.

Mustang-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lahiru
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
In the same boat and heard the same story. You could hire one for a day if you have the $ to spend. Shame you don't live near me I would go you halves.
Yea figured I wouldnt be the only person in this situation. I've thought about hiring but going by the general consensus I don't think I'll be disappointed in the car, so it doesn't really bother me. If anything it might make me like the car more once I have it.

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
My Dealership has been great and is looking after us folk they don't need to sell a car to. They arranged a test drive in a 5.0 fastback for me in march......man not only do they look hot, they also go fantastically and sound sweet
IMG_20160420_211425.jpg

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
Guys,
I know its not great being unable to source a demo model, but 5 mins in your new cars when you get them and you'll forget forever the pre delivery angst and frustration
They're even better than you expect
Cheers

Gruntus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grant
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible in Magnetic
Picked up our Magnetic GT Convertible on Wednesday and absolutely love it. Problems I found on pickup were:
- The boot alignment, sticks out about 7-8mm on the left and about 3mm on the right when compared to the tail lights.....wasn't picked up by the dealer and will supposedly be fixed at 3K service (the other 5 stangs in the dealership didn't have the issue)
- Paint spot on the boot - small lump on the rim of the boot closest to the cabin which will be fixed up at first service as well
- Cookie crumbs in cabin - wasn't picked up at first by detailers so sent back and they cleaned it up. Didn't know who to blame about this one but was not happy (don't let my own kids eat in any of our cars let alone a brand new one that someone else as bought). On way home from pickup found the wrapper under driver's seat and it was American so I assume that one of the guys moving the cars around was hungry or someone decided to use the car as a lunchroom!!

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just found the reasons for poor panel fit issues and paint defects, possibly why the side mirrors don't operate smoothly too!..... I hope they have improved the QC since 2012!

Especially at the 2:19 minute mark. Who was that lucky customer!?!

'Starting in 2004, every Mustang build has come from the Ford Flat Rock Assembly Plant. The plant pumps out, on average, 500 Mustangs per shift. While every Mustang is quality checked, a lucky 5 percent are picked at random for a full test-track evaluation. Gittin's Monster Energy Falken Tire Ford Mustang RTR, was not chosen at random.'
[ame]

HybridGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT "Ecoboost"
Getting light vibration through the floor pan, accelerator pedal and steering wheel. Car alignment feels fine (eg. drives in a straight line for ages when steering wheel is free).

This only started post spring installation last week. So could possibly be the struts or bushings were not torqued down properly to spec.

Haven't taken it in for alignment yet, was going to do it after the Steeda Toe-Link installation. Which is either today/tomorrow.

After reading this thread:
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15990

It would seem that some people have faulty drive-shafts and/or differentials. Hoping this is not the case.

Will report back post alignment and/or another wheel balancing just to rule that out in case Tempe did not balance them correctly.
Sponsored