Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Looks incredible my brother! I never get tired of seeing shots of this beautiful Vert!

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Steeda vertical links are in :D

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Those will be difficult to do a photo shoot on once installed - LOL.

When you going to tackle the rear lettering project ?

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Those will be difficult to do a photo shoot on once installed - LOL.

When you going to tackle the rear lettering project ?
Lmao. :lol:

The company should be shipping out the letters to me this week, hopefully today or tomorrow. Actually gonna follow up with them tomorrow just to make sure. I'm hoping it comes out really nice :D.

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I probably missed it and I'm not going to go searching through all these pages to look... :tsk: .....but you get your scoop issue fixed? If so, does it seem to be better attached/more secured/won't fckn move now?
Roush scoop is still my favorite. I want to know the sucker will stay put if I get one. Thanks man!

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I probably missed it and I'm not going to go searching through all these pages to look... :tsk: .....but you get your scoop issue fixed? If so, does it seem to be better attached/more secured/won't fckn move now?
Roush scoop is still my favorite. I want to know the sucker will stay put if I get one. Thanks man!
Lmao. So far I haven't noticed any issues with it thus far. The service kit they sent really just included a few things to "tighten" it down some. As far as the 1-2 inches at the end of the hood scoop that is only held up by glue (and can't be bolted down), I honestly feel like it's going to become a "thing" in a few months.

If I had to decide on doing it to the next car, it probably wouldn't happen. I'd just go with an aftermarket hood unless the scoop can be bolted down in all four corners, literally.

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hmm. Ok good to know. Something to ponder. Thanks man! :cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Hmm. Ok good to know. Something to ponder. Thanks man! :cheers:
No problem man! I'll shoot you some pics in the AM of the front to let you see how it looks now. It's been about 2-3 weeks since applying the kit. :cheers:

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I had put the Roush hood scoop on my original build order, but changed my mind after cruising the dealers parking lot & seeing ALL of them lifting in the front to some degree (even the ones on the showroom floor). Older versions lifted in the rear as well (but that seems to have been corrected). Looking at a raw scoop in the dealer display it's clear there is not nearly enough downward curve in the piece to match the slope of the hood. To correct it, they will either need to change the mold (wicked expensive) or come up with a way to screw the front in place (more holes in the hood).

So, I'm in limbo @ the moment. May get the Foose one, but want to see it in person (and installed) 1st. Would reconsider the Roush if they correct the front somehow. For now, I slapped a graphic on the hood :D

murphy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I had put the Roush hood scoop on my original build order, but changed my mind after cruising the dealers parking lot & seeing ALL of them lifting in the front to some degree (even the ones on the showroom floor). Older versions lifted in the rear as well (but that seems to have been corrected). Looking at a raw scoop in the dealer display it's clear there is not nearly enough downward curve in the piece to match the slope of the hood. To correct it, they will either need to change the mold (wicked expensive) or come up with a way to screw the front in place (more holes in the hood).

So, I'm in limbo @ the moment. May get the Foose one, but want to see it in person (and installed) 1st. Would reconsider the Roush if they correct the front somehow. For now, I slapped a graphic on the hood :D
I don't want thread jack Alton's build thread with our jibber jabber but because of the Roush scoop issue, not 100% sure about the Foose or BMC scoops and haven't really found a complete new hood I like either, I have thought a lot about a hood stripe to full stripes too. I'm actually meeting with a local guy this weekend to discuss a custom stripe job. See what happens.
Sponsored