chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
people these days.

off topic for those with '16 GT's. Thought about this the other day, the hood turn lights are great with the cam as it's proof of them being used if ever the need. So +1 to the 2016 seemingly useless hood blinkers.
Sponsored

CentralVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD !!!!
Hahahaha my dad lives in the Villages. You probably cuss him twice a week at a min. He is a retired cop and his driving skills have diminished quite a bit hahaha. Those golf carts are crazy.

Well all I can say.. Is that I now have to get a dash cam... I live pretty much inside The Villages, Florida ... For those who, don't know it's the fastest growing AND largest retirement community in the world . Pretty much ALL of it is golf cart accessible , I literally fear for my car and my life every day on my 10 mile commute ... I could probably upload multiple videos a day on some of the whack stuff I see.

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I think Virginia drivers are the worst....
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]FBFV4wzbY-s[/MEDIA]"]

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
Lol state of emergency for few inches, so true. Here in AL it happened in the south few inches and icy cold come through. #snowpocalypse2014

16P51-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Ali
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Lol state of emergency for few inches, so true. Here in AL it happened in the south few inches and icy cold come through. #snowpocalypse2014
Yep, there isn't even snow on the roads and they canceled school today in some areas. My daughter wasn't complaining though.

Sponsored

ConqSoft

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium Vert, '16 428xi M Sport Vert
This is the best thing I've caught on mine so far:

[ame]

I have 3M Ceramic on my windshield to block UV, and my dash cam has a polarized lens. That's what causes the weird effect.

Also, from my previous dash cam in my 2014 Camaro, dump truck took out our gate at work:

[ame]

Here's the model I'm using. Tucks up behind the rearview mirror nicely. I installed a 12V Plug behind the passenger kick plate and ran the wire through the headliner and down behind the dash for power. The cable fits nicely through the opening in the mirror cable cover.
IMG_0471.jpg
IMG_0476.jpg
IMG_0477.jpg
IMG_0478.jpg

Last edited:

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350

CentralVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD !!!!
Yes you are correct in that we have our share. Luckily I get to meet a bunch of them at work and get all the autographs of the awesome drivers all over the state :headbang:

I think Virginia drivers are the worst....

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I hate when people can't make up their mind where they want to go.
this guy isn't driving very good and has an aversion to proper signaling, but you accelerated past him when he wasn't fully committed to that right lane. Roads look slick, and doing that looks like a recipe for an accident.

Sponsored

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
The same lady brake-checked me to a stop 3 times on the way home tonight. It's raining, it's 23 degrees F & I'm driving an F150 that weighs 6000 pounds. The speed limit on the road is 45 mph. At the third brake-check where she stopped 20' short at the intersection, she gets out of her car and starts screaming at me to get off her ass!

When she was done ranting, I calmly & politely explained to her that I was obviously following at a safe distance, otherwise my F150 would have been in the back seat of her Camry. This pissed her off even more & she erratically made a couple 3-lane changes without signaling.

Too bad I didn't have a dash cam for that one. She was a LOON!

American

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT / 17 GT350
Feel free to hate on me but most of the videos in this close call thread are people doing things that might be slightly annoying depending on the mood you are already in but hardly dangerous or illegal :p. I think I was annoyed by the drivers shooting the video as often as the other drivers.
This. I used to get all riled about some of this stuff too, but there is no sense in it. Most people are not into cars and driving. Most people are horrible at it. I just anticipate everyone to make a stupid move and diffuse the situation as quickly as possible and move on. Brake early, don't exacerbate the situation.

I started imagining everyone as my dad behind the wheel and I cooled down.

Someone poking in the left lane on the interstate is fair game for a couple downshifts and WOT pull, though :p

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
What is the actual meaning of getting "cut off" because I get the feeling people just can't stand someone overtaking you on the other lane and then driving in front of you, even if there is plenty of space.

Over here you are "forced" to keep the right most lane whenever possible meaning there is a lot of lane changing and getting in front of people so maybe it's a tolerance thing.

If there is no braking or slowing down needed after someone pulls in front of you there is no harm done right ?
You are suppose to maintain a safe following distance between your car and the car in front of you typically the equivalent of 1 car length for every 10mph. If somebody gets in front of you and negates that safe following distance, it is considered cutting you off.

Realistically, in rush hour traffic around here in Chicago, if there is more than 4 car lengths between you and the car in front of you, somebody will move into that spot. During non-rush hour traffic times, people are more respectful of your safe following distance.

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
Just think how fun it would be if you could just send an email to a person via their plate number with videos of them driving like an ass. I'm sure a lot of people would be getting a LOT of email.
Sponsored