MBRP Race Exhaust Review

Palmtrees&2.3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Magnetic Bass
Installed the MBRP race today. Big thanks to Beefcake Racing for the great deal and speedy shipping. First off yes the exhaust is loud. On the first ride today I had some texting lady in a cx-7 try to merge in on me, I rev bombed her and she got so scared she threw her phone in the air and mouthed some angry words at me. Surprisingly little drone on the highway too. It makes a really decent amount of pops, crackles and burbles, and you can hear the turbo in a much better way. The fitment is ok, it sits a little too close to the left rear valance, but overall is much higher than the earlier versions were. But what can I say, it was a great deal and sounds incredible. To me it sounds like a very deep i4 supersport bike. Dad says it sounds like one of the indy Offenhausers, and that he can't believe a 4 cylinder sounds so good.. Almost no rasp, and when you open it up, you can feel the engine breathing better throughout the rev range. And the sound in tunnels is godly.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Installed the MBRP race today. Big thanks to Beefcake Racing for the great deal and speedy shipping. First off yes the exhaust is loud. On the first ride today I had some texting lady in a cx-7 try to merge in on me, I rev bombed her and she got so scared she threw her phone in the air and mouthed some angry words at me. Surprisingly little drone on the highway too. It makes a really decent amount of pops, crackles and burbles, and you can hear the turbo in a much better way. The fitment is ok, it sits a little too close to the left rear valance, but overall is much higher than the earlier versions were. But what can I say, it was a great deal and sounds incredible. To me it sounds like a very deep i4 supersport bike. Dad says it sounds like one of the indy Offenhausers, and that he can'y believe a 4 cylinder sounds so good.. Almost no rasp, and when you open it up, you can feel the engine breathing better throughout the rev range. And the sound in tunnels is godly.

I want one of these but I have an aftermarket downpipe, I'm wondering if it will be too loud

OP
OP
Palmtrees&2.3s

Palmtrees&2.3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
I want one of these but I have an aftermarket downpipe, I'm wondering if it will be too loud
Then go for the street series, Since it doesn't have straight throughs it shouldn't be nearly as loud.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost

Sponsored

OP
OP
Palmtrees&2.3s

Palmtrees&2.3s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Duston
Vehicle(s)
I'll take a few videos tomorrow. I'll make sure to get an underpass video too :usa:

Brometheus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP 6MT
Looking forward to more videos of this setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdenoma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost Premium/PP
I have an ATP Downpipe and MBRP race. It's not bad, it's a little loud on WOT but once I hit 6th it's pretty quiet. But I think I'll be doing what VTT did with their exhaust and add a resonator. In the end I drive a 4 banger and I'm trying to quietly walk other cars around here :lol:

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
Surprisingly little drone on the highway too.
Maybe I'm just more sensitive to drone, but I ended up taking mine off because it started to get ridiculous. At first, I didn't really notice it either. However, a couple months later it pretty much brought out every single tiny rattle and/or vibration you can think of cabin wise (really emphasizing how cheap these cars are put together).

I seriously think it is one of the best sounding systems, but I just couldn't tolerate the drone. Especially after I took a 12 hour road trip with it once. Yeah, it got removed immediately after I returned home.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Maybe I'm just more sensitive to drone, but I ended up taking mine off because it started to get ridiculous. At first, I didn't really notice it either. However, a couple months later it pretty much brought out every single tiny rattle and/or vibration you can think of cabin wise (really emphasizing how cheap these cars are put together).

I seriously think it is one of the best sounding systems, but I just couldn't tolerate the drone. Especially after I took a 12 hour road trip with it once. Yeah, it got removed immediately after I returned home.
These cars are far from cheap, and if you have the upgraded package you get extra sound acoustic stuff. Just had my windshield replaced and found this out, plus if you remove the resonator this is what happens, that's why they put one there ;). I'm not sure which model you have, but my PP premium is faaaaaaaaar from cheap and one of the best interiors I have had

Sponsored

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
You're in the minority if you don't think these are cheap. Heck, just browse the forums and you'll see plenty of people complaining about rattles, vibrations, pops, etc., even on PP premiums. Have you visited the Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls section at all????

Common complaints are rear passenger area vibration, glove-box area, headlight switch, dash in general, passenger side tail light, trunk lid rubbing against bumper, inner door panels rattle and the oh so wonderful panel alignment that 9/10 S550's have.

Oh and what model I have is right in my signature......

Last edited:

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
You're in the minority if you don't think these are cheap. Heck, just browse the forums and you'll see plenty of people complaining about rattles, vibrations, pops, etc., even on PP premiums. Have you visited the Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls section at all????

Yes and none of the tsb I saw had to do with cabin noise...... My shit is ultra quiet, that's all I'm talking about. As soon as I changed the exhaust and deleted the resonator I could feel the vibrations through the frame and wheel.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost

The bases don't have the acoustic windshield I don't believe, makes a big difference, and if you ever owned mustangs before this one, this is my fourth... It is leaps and bounds above all the others in the cabin

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
Yes and none of the tsb I saw had to do with cabin noise......
Just because ford hasn't issued a TSB doesn't mean they don't exist. I don't recall a TSB for panel alignment issues and only someone in serious denial would say those don't exist.

You got a quiet one, good for you, you're in the minority.

The bases don't have the acoustic windshield I don't believe, makes a big difference, and if you ever owned mustangs before this one, this is my fourth... It is leaps and bounds above all the others in the cabin
The bases have the exact same windshield (there is only one part number on fordparts.com). A windshield has absolutely nothing to do with interior rattles and vibrations that still freaking exist even with my silent stock exhaust back on.

Yes, they are much better than previous mustangs but the mustang has and always will be a CHEAP "sports" car.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Just because ford hasn't issued a TSB doesn't mean they don't exist. I don't recall a TSB for panel alignment issues and only someone in serious denial would say those don't exist.

You got a quiet one, good for you, you're in the minority.
Whoa whoa, I never said they don't exsist, you brought up tsb so I said we were talking specifically about cabin noise, I was just clarifying what u meant. Second, yes shit can rattle if you have change, metal, bad roads, so on so forth, and if nitpicking those things is the worst, that's great!!! Sorry you have issues, I got lucky Soending the extra $$$$ :)
Sponsored