Sponsored

My Whipple Build

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I purchased this car a little over a year ago. I purposely purchased it to boost it. The original intent was a Whipple, but then wanted to put a turbo in it, but since no kits existed at the time and none exist today that I'm interested in...Whipple it is!

CQs4vpy.jpg

I watched a local Whipple car go 140+ and that sold me. I watched it run on a Saturday and I purchased on a Tuesday. Here's what I purchased.

Code:
Item                            Model Number            Purchased From          Manufacturer
Whipple 2.9L Supercharger       W1775FF                 Hypermotive             Whipple
132MM Throttle body             WTB-1900E-FRD2          Hypermotive             Whipple
Upgraded  Fans                  WIC-COY-FAN             Hypermotive             Whipple
Whipple 10-Rib                  WB-COY10-15             Hypermotive             Whipple
ID1300                          1300.60.14.14B.8        Hypermotive             Injector Dynamics
FRPP Half Shafts                M-4130-M                Levitown Ford           Ford Racing
MMR Crank Gear                  NA                      Beefcake Racing         MMR
GT PP Radiator                  M-8005-M8               Levitown Ford           Ford Racing
FRPP BIllet Oil Pump            M-6600-50CJ             Levitown Ford           Ford Racing
ARH Headers                     ARH178-3x3DCUN          Hypermotive             American Racing Headers
BMR Cradle Lockout              CB005                   Hypermotive             BMR
BMR Diff Bushings               BK050                   Hypermotive             BMR
Drive Shaft                     FDSH26-A                Hypermotive             DSS
UPR Whipple Catch Can           5030-98-1               Hypermotive             UPR
Boss Timing Chain Tensioners    M-6266-M50B             Levitown Ford           Ford Racing
BMR Vertical Links              TCA045                  Hypermotive             BMR
BMR Bearings                    BK055                   Hypermotive             BMR
Complete Gasket Kit             FR3Z-6079-A             Levitown Ford           Ford
3.5" 10-Rib Pulley              NA                      Hypermotive             Whipple
4.0" 10-Rib Pulley              NA                      Hypermotive             Whipple
Ken B Tune                      NA                      Palm Beach Dyno         Palm Beach Dyno
Fuel System                     NA                      CJ Motorsports          CJ Motorsports
I started tearing the car apart the 22nd. I've been working 0-8 hours per day since taking my time. Here are a few pics http://imgur.com/a/L1mXg

Fuel system should be here Thursday. 4" Pulley should be here Thursday. I have to go out to town Sunday but ideally I can fire the car Saturday. I think I'm going to fire the car with the factory fuel system to check for leaks and what not. Then pull the blower, swap fuel systems and start the tuning process.

The crank gear and OPG weren't anywhere near as bad as I thought they'd be. I did re-time incorrectly, but was able to correct it with ease. I wouldn't hesitate to do another set having done one now.

The Whipple install instructions are nice, but they could be better. There is inconsistency in writing style. Photos often show steps that aren't done yet, but are done in the following steps. Photos may include parts that don't look like the parts in the kit (e.g. black fittings in the photos and bare aluminum fittings in the kit). If you're a monkey see, monkey do kind of person, you're looking at these pictures as more authoritative and they can't be. In regards to the inconsistencies that I mentioned earlier, some steps call out the part number of a hose or something, others do not. It'd be ideal if they called out these part numbers across everything. Speaking of part numbers, not every bag is labeled. The bags that are labeled are great, you know exactly what's in the bag, you know what the bag is for. The bags that aren't, you don't necessarily know what the bag is for.

If I had to do it over again, I'd have gotten the Stage 2 complete kit. It'd have cost more, but I like the enclosed air box. The complete kits come with IAT2 (I'm told you can purchase these through VMP or Lethal), and spark plugs. Also, the instructions are very much written for the complete kit, and only call out the differences of the tuner kit. It'd have read/flowed better installing a complete kit.

I want to say thanks to a few people who made this happen.

First and foremost Jay @jayman33 at Hypermotive. Even deployed, he promptly replied to all my PM's and facilitated the sale of all these parts. I could not have been happier with the quality of service from Hypermotive and will continue to buy as much as I'm able to from them.

For all things Ford parts, Benny @LevittownFordSuperCenter was incredibly prompt in responses, great pricing. Like Jay, I couldn't have been happier and will continue to order Ford parts from him when able.

The local car that went 140+, @Reds197 . His car is the reason I purchased a Whipple. He has been an open book on the combo that exists on the car hiding nothing. This is his 4th Mustang, first Whipple, so he's been there, done that and got the t-shirt. He's been there through the install with guidance since this car imitates his loosely.

And finally @phunk . His car has also been an inspiration and his fuel system was a primary driver for purchasing a Whipple. I love the fit & finish of the Whipple kit and his fuel system continues that OEM look. While I've not received the kit, I've seen photos of my kit, and I spoke with him a lot in the last couple of days. I'll update this post once it arrives on Thursday with my initial impressions, install impressions and anything I might run into.

A final note. Please don't PM me asking about pricing. Contact these vendors and I'm confident that they'll take care of you as well as they took care of me. Never once did I purchase a component because it was cheaper than another component. I did not skimp. Right now I have no regrets, there is nothing about this build that has made me say "I wish I would have done X differently."
Sponsored

Last edited:

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH buddy!! Can't wait to see this complete!!

OP
OP

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH buddy!! Can't wait to see this complete!!
Feels like a long time, but in reality, not so much. Soon! Work will pick up here shortly so trying to get it finished before I'm away for 4+ weeks.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Thanks for pushing me to finally finish the fuel system kit at the product level. I look forward to your feedback.

Youve got a supercar conversion in progress here. Its a lot of fun!

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Sweet bro!! Enjoy the header install!

Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Awesome build!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Should be a killer build! Keep us posted.

OP
OP

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for pushing me to finally finish the fuel system kit at the product level. I look forward to your feedback.

Youve got a supercar conversion in progress here. Its a lot of fun!
Glad to be a part of something great.

Sponsored
OP
OP

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
All good with WP pulley in the kit. See no reason why it couldn't fire tonight.

Also go Fuel system from Phunk and 4" pulley from Whipple. Ken B got me a tune this AM to start it up and idle to check for leaks with factory fuel system + ID1300's.

Good to go!

Last edited:

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
What fuel are you planning to use?

OP
OP

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What fuel are you planning to use?

E-85 exclusively. 3.5" pulley for altitude in CO, 4.0" pulley for not CO. But either way, with the 20% OD damper, I'll never be able to run 91/93. I have thought about buying a different damper for 91/93 but I'm too lazy.

OP
OP

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Also. Fired right up today. Put Ken's tune in it. High idle was ~1750, but calmed down to 750. Will continue to check for leaks tomorrow, but plan on putting fuel system on it tomorrow and going from there. Headers this weekend if I'm lucky. Suspension components next week as time allows.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Damn that is a nice build list. Great to read your thoughts on the Whipple kit so far.
Sponsored