Sponsored

Thinking of trading for a 2015 GTR...

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Makes me sick to think of the money I've put into the Stang, and I'm thinking of trading her in already.

:confused:
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I'd trade it to. If I spent a bunch of money on mods. And only ran a 13.1!:shrug:

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
I'd trade it to. If I spent a bunch of money on mods. And only ran a 13.1!:shrug:
I don't get any credit for admitting that :lol:

I made three passes, on bald P Zeros with no adjustments to anything, and I couldn't hook for shit.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
just wait until you find out how much youll spend on GTR maintenance

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
How much did you spend? Since it's still fairly new, might as well part out first then trade in.
Also if you're a 1/4 mile guy, why not something cheaper like a hellcat challenger? Or a low mile 13 gt500?

Just noticed you're from the bay, pirellis are shit man. Get some wider tires maybe michelins pss. Btw of you u really can't drive that takes the gt500 out of the question. Auto hellcat challenger or charger.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
just wait until you find out how much youll spend on GTR maintenance
You've owned one? Do tell

How much did you spend? Since it's still fairly new, might as well part out first then trade in.
Also if you're a 1/4 mile guy, why not something cheaper like a hellcat challenger? Or a low mile 13 Gt500?

That's what I'd do; part it out. I don't like the Challenger, or the S-197 platform.

Just noticed you're from the bay, pirellis are shit man. Get some wider tires maybe michelins pss. Btw of you u really can't drive that takes the gt500 out of the question. Auto hellcat challenger or charger.
I can't drive: that is for sure. I'm sure more track time in the car-plus dropping tire pressure and adjusting the Konis-would prove beneficial in getting the ETs down, I've always been a bit of a GTR fanboy, and like the idea of AWD.

Or GT-R upgrades, if you're looking to go that route! :eyebulge: :crazy:
LOL
True. I don't even wanna know what an Akropovic exhaust would cost

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
So far this thread has went exactly as you probably expected huh?? But in all seriousness. If you like racing. Trade the 15 for an 18 automatic GT. It should be a very easy car to drive fast. Or next time you plan a drag strip outing. Take a set of slicks along with you.

Sponsored

ImSlow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Buy a good set of tires for your 15 instead. Unless you can get a smoking deal on a GTR, it's just a big fat waste of money. You have a large sunk cost in mods already... which you'd be lucky to get a 50% return if you parted out... not to mention trade in value.

Unless you got money to burn, you're just trading in for a more expensive platform for more expensive mods. Personally I'd keep the car and if you're itching to spend the money, put it into power adding mods and tires.

That's just me though.

BA939P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dante
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 & 14GT
GTR is nice track car, and price of used GTR is not too bad.
go test drive to see if you really like automatic and all wheel drive.

BTW R35 is about the end of production. R36 will be released soon, so the price of used GTR will drop more.

OP
OP
MikeyPee

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Buy a good set of tires for your 15 instead. Unless you can get a smoking deal on a GTR, it's just a big fat waste of money. You have a large sunk cost in mods already... which you'd be lucky to get a 50% return if you parted out... not to mention trade in value.

Unless you got money to burn, you're just trading in for a more expensive platform for more expensive mods. Personally I'd keep the car and if you're itching to spend the money, put it into power adding mods and tires.

That's just me though.
Your voice is one of reason, and may be how I go forward. The car I was looking at has sold, so I'm kinda reflecting about the whole thing. I may just keep the Stang and look at my options in a few years.

GTR is nice track car, and price of used GTR is not too bad.
go test drive to see if you really like automatic and all wheel drive.

BTW R35 is about the end of production. R36 will be released soon, so the price of used GTR will drop more.
I've driven one, and the acceleration is nice. However, it sometimes feels like the car is WAY too heavy for the engine.

So far this thread has went exactly as you probably expected huh?? But in all seriousness. If you like racing. Trade the 15 for an 18 automatic GT. It should be a very easy car to drive fast. Or next time you plan a drag strip outing. Take a set of slicks along with you.
You're very perceptive.

I went out, really, to get an indication that the money spent on mods wasn't wasted (mph).

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Makes me sick to think of the money I've put into the Stang, and I'm thinking of trading her in already.

:confused:
If you really want to trade it in, get a stick shift Viper GTS with all its V10 glory and have some money on the side from a GTR! I wouldn't even go for a corvette or anything. Just a plain mean blue viper with white stripes! Imagine supercharging that thing!
Sponsored