Sponsored

Video: How to Install S550 Mustang Interior LEDs! 2015+ Interior LED Conversion Kit!

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
blue1_600x115.gif

2015+ Ford Mustang S550 Interior LED Kit

[ame]

[ame]

At Diode Dynamics, we carry a full line of LED bulbs, to replace your S550 Mustang's map lights, vanity lights, trunk light, turn signals, and more!

We carry the brightest, highest-quality bulbs at the lowest prices. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. These LED bulbs are designed by us here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

Our LED Conversion Kits include all of the LED bulbs you need to replace the incandescent bulbs in your Mustang, for interior locations. It has been tested in your specific Mustang, for perfect fitment, and no guesswork! No modification is required for installation, you simply replace the bulbs!

This interior LED conversion kit includes:

2-194 HP3 Map Light LED Bulbs
1-194 HP3 Trunk Light LED Bulb
1-194 HP3 Glove Light LED Bulb
*Optional: 4-74 SMD1 Vanity Light LED Bulbs

Vanity lights, or the lights which illuminate the vanity mirror on your vehicle under the sun visor, use incandescent bulbs from the factory, giving them a yellowish color. By replacing these factory bulbs with LEDs, you can add a luxurious and modern look to your vehicle, with a cool white color, just like newer luxury vehicles. Sometimes a warm color is still desired with the mirror, in which case you can still upgrade brightness while using warm white LEDs.

Bulb Design:

HP3: One high-power SMD under a diffusing lens for truly even output (no hotspots). Constant current design and air-cooled base for superior reliability. Features dual contact pins and nonpolar function for easy installation.

Brightness

This LED will provide a substantial improvement in brightness compared to stock. The factory bulbs are 35 lumens each, while the replacement HP3 is 56 lumens.

Lumens: BUYER BEWARE! Most sellers just provide "calculated" lumen numbers, based on the maximum potential brightness of the LED chips on the bulb. For example, if a bulb has five 10-lumen chips, they will rate it at 50 lumens. However, this is not accurate, as the design of an LED bulb does not get rid of heat fast enough to run the LEDs at maximum.

These "calculated" lumen ratings are much, much higher than the true, measured light output, so it will look like competitors' bulbs are brighter than ours. This is because Diode Dynamics does not provide inflated "calculated" numbers; we believe it is misleading. We test the actual brightness of the bulbs in our lab, to provide real lumen output measurements. Our measurements are accurate, but they are usually much lower than the misleading "calculated" figures.

Color: These LEDs are available in many crisp, bright colors. Cool white and warm white are the most popular colors, for a modern look, with maximum visible light.

You can also select blue, red, amber, or green (stage 1 only), to add a unique look to your interior. If you would like to mix and match colors, please go to the product selection page, and add each bulb to your cart individually. There is no difference in price compared to this pre-assembled LED kit.

All products by Diode Dynamics are backed by a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a three-year limited warranty.​

2015+ S550 Mustang LED Conversion Kit

Questions? Feel free to ask here, PM, email [email protected] or call us: (314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Thank you!
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

Member Submitted Photo:

Customer Reviews:

"This LED light makes a world of difference in the trunk of my 2015 Mustang. I couldn't be happier with the product and value." -Alex (Posted on November 28, 2014)

"Wow, these blow the stock map lights away. Looks so much better with the white light, and lights the whole cabin up. Install took about 3 mins. Great value for the difference they make." -Joey (Posted on December 11, 2014)

"I recently bought these for my 2015 Mustang GT, and I have to say these are a great improvement over the factory bulbs and are easy to install. I would recommend these to everyone as a fast easy upgrade well worth the money and time." -Eric (Posted on December 10, 2014)

"Ever wondered why Ford didn't make all the other lights change with my color? Do you want your map lights to match the look on your premium Mustang when you open the doors?

I did, so I got a set of these in blue. Now when I open my doors it matches the accent lighting, they look awesome." -Neodark (Posted on December 8, 2014)

"If you want more light in your trunk this is definitely the upgrade to get, from the stock bulb to the LED it's a night and day difference. Bit tricky to open up the bulb housing but once you get the clip off its a piece of cake." -Mirko (Posted on December 12, 2014)

"Installation was super easy. It looks great and is super bright. Highly recommended." -Dave (Posted on December 11, 2014)

Sponsored

Last edited:

CompOrangeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Will you have a 2015 mustang exterior led kit available at any time? I don't have my car but I think I read that it needs led turn signals and license plate lights? Thanks!

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
Will you have a 2015 mustang exterior led kit available at any time? I don't have my car but I think I read that it needs led turn signals and license plate lights? Thanks!
License plate lights are LED factory apparently. But yea, I'd really like to get a full kit as well.

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
You should add the reverse light. 3157

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
License plate lights are LED factory apparently. But yea, I'd really like to get a full kit as well.
it's not listed as LED in the manual.

Sponsored

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Just ordered mine up. Cool white for all spots, vanity included.

BONESTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Lightning, 87 GT
Great video! Like the company, took care of the wife's Veloster.

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Very nice lighting. I like it!

I do have a suggestion...come up with a trick, very bright set up for the engine compartment. That is a set up that I'd be interested in and I suspect many others.

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
it's not listed as LED in the manual.
That's what they say in the video and I've seen it elsewhere, though I didn't bother to take a look on the '15s I've seen myself (or see them at night).

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Nice! I will be getting these.

Sponsored

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Ordered with vanity
Reverse light is out of stock.

deadeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBP GUARD Vert stick
Ordered. Love having LEDs in my vehicles, what a difference in light.

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
Cool offering thas for contributing. How do you differentiate your bulbs from superbrightleds.com ?

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
Ordered. Great video as well. :)
Sponsored