Sponsored

Throwout bearing bellhousing clip

Grinchoffl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Hi all,

Swapped out my clutch line and the bellhousing clip for the throwout bearing broke. throwout bearing is still good as I already reconnected and drove to ensure no leaks, rattles, clunks, etc.

Question is what's the risk of not having the clip in place, and driving without it until I replace the clutch down the road?

Thanks in advance!

-Nick
Sponsored

OP
OP

Grinchoffl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
appreciate the response. for now I need to take a chance as everything is well secure, and it's my only commute....I'll baby it till the replacement comes in.
If you’re going to chance it, I recommend taking the clip from up top by the master cylinder and using it in the elbow in the transmission where the clutch line plugs into it. Then use 4 zip ties one around the clutch line up top and the other around the connector where the clutch line plugs in. Loop the remaining two zip ties around the two that you just installed and that will hold the line in place, so that it doesn’t pop out on you.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The other added benefit of doing it the way that I mentioned is, it’ll be a lot easier to monitor things underneath the hood than it would be trying to jack the car up and roll underneath it.
Sponsored